[ChaSang] Stand By You

AllN Oneshot Dump

"Stand By You"

 

 

Hakyeon stared at the computer while reading the messages on the fancafe as usual. He was curious about what his beloved St☆rlights were up to and wanted to leave a message for all those that were studying for exams.

But just as he was about to begin typing a message, he came across a comment that made him freeze.

"Why is he always getting the attention?" 

"He isn't even that talented."

"He really can't compare to s. He's only last this long because he's the oldest."

Hakyeon knew that those negative comments were about him. He's seen similar comments over the years since they've debut and no matter how many times he's read them, his body would freeze up still. 

Just as he refreshed the page, those negative comments were deleted already. After all, this was VIXX's private fancafe; not a place for hate and negativity.

But even after several days have passed, those comments still linger inside of Hakyeon's head.

It's easy to forget the happy things but never the negative ones. No matter how optimistic Hakyeon is, at a time like this, even he can't move on.

"Hyung, aren't you going to eat?" Hongbin asked as they were having a lunch break in the waiting room.

"Uh, I'm not really hungry..." Hakyeon told the younger.

"But you haven't eaten anything since this morning, are you okay?" 

"I just don't have the appetite. Sorry," Hakyeon said and got up. "I'm just gunna go to the washroom."

Hakyeon couldn't get those messages out of his head. Every few days, those negative comments would once again reemerge onto their fancafe or forums. Hakyeon felt sick just looking at them.

Yet, he couldn't put his phone down or stop scrolling those messages. It was as if he couldn't stop himself from drowning in misery. 

Maybe I'm not needed in the group after all, maybe I'm hindering the others, maybe I--... Hakyeon finally froze in his thoughts. Why am I being so negative for? Shouldn't I be used to this by now?

Just then, someone snatched Hakyeon's phone from his hands.

"Hyogi-ah!" Hakyeon was surprised that the taller boy suddenly appear beside him without a sound. 

Hyuk took Hakyeon's phone to see what the older was reading. The further he scrolled down the messages, the more furious he became.

"Since when?" Hyuk demanded in an upset tone as he read the insults to the leader.

"It's been a week or so. Don't worry about it, those messages will be deleted from the forums right away," Hakyeon didn't know why but he tried his best to explain and calm the younger down. "Don't worry about it, I'm already used to it."

"How can you be used to this?!" Hyuk suddenly raised his voice. He was angry and couldn't hide it at all.

"Hyuk-ah..."

"Used to it? Are you stupid?! How can you be used to these clueless people spreading nonsense about you? You know that they're lying and don't even know a thing about you!"

Hyuk's anger made Hakyeon realize, that it wasn't okay to be used to these types of messages. He kept telling himself that he was fine but Hakyeon was far from being fine.

"I..." Hakyeon's voice cracked before he could speak another word. Tears began to fall uncontrollably as the messages replayed in his head. Each one of them hurt so much that it felt as if he was being stabbed in the chest.

Hakyeon's trembling hands grabbed weakly onto Hyuk's arms. 

"I'm not fine..." he couldn't stop his tears as he onky cried even harder.

Behind the confident and reliable leader of VIXX, was just a boy who spent his entire youth to make his dreams come true. He went through so many challenges and obstacles to reach where he was now and whenever he saw this messagez, he wanted to scream his lungs out and tell those people that what they said were untrue.

"Hyung," Hyuk held Hakyeon closely and firmly within his broader build. 

The usual leader was suddenly so fragile and small within his arms.

"I know how much you've been through Hakyeon-hyung. I know it and so does the members. That's why we can't stand it when you hide these things from us and pretend that you're fine. Please, trust us more and rely on us. We'll always follow you and stay by your side."

"You will?" Hakyeon looked up in hope.

"Do you doubt us?" Hyuk patted his precious hyung on the back and his silked hair.

Hakyeon shook his head.

"No, I believe you."

 

A/N: I recently noticed that whenever I write or want to write a ChaSang, it becomes something really deep as if Hakyeon and Hyuk conveys things to one another that they usually would not. I feel that as an outsider, and in front of the camera, Hyuk always displays this tough maknae image and doesn't seem very close to Hakyeon but behind the scenes, I believe that he supports Hakyeon in silence and Hakyeon accepts that silent support without a doubt. ChaSang is that one OTP that doesn't need to speak much for us to know that they truly care for each other and even though at times Hakyeon's love for Hyuk seems one-sided, it actually isn't.