[NEOVI/AllN] No.1

AllN Oneshot Dump

"No. 1"

 

 

One was on his computer with his headphones plugged in. He was surrounded by a keyboard, a mixer and various composition devices that most can't even begin to name.

Another was sitting behind him with several papers stacked on top of one another next to a piano. He was fidgetting with his pencil while trying to come up with a tune.

The two of them were in their own world as the clock in the studio continued to move forward.

Just as one of them was about to take a sip on his coffee, he realized his mug was empty already.

"I'm going to get another cup of coffee, you need anything?" Taekwoon asked the younger.

But the rapper was too busy paying attention to his computer that he didn't hear Taekwoon’s voice.

Whatever. Taekwoon thought and went out the room to grab another cup.

The company at night was always quiet and without a sound. Only this subunit would stay overnight without rest to finish their songs.

Both Wonshik and Taekwoon was getting ready for their 2nd LR comeback and though they have already finished their solo compositions, they were struggling a bit when it came to their title track.

You could say, the two have different musical styles and moods. Taekwoon's songs were dark and solemn whereas Wonshik preferred more upbeat and aggressive sounds. It was a miracle that Beautiful Liar was even created.

Taekwoon stood in front of the coffee machine waiting for the coffee to brew. He took out his phone and scrolled down to their fancafe.

"When is LR coming back?" 

"LR is a joke ㅋㅋㅋ"

"I miss LR!" 

"LR 2nd anniversary?" 

Ever since their debut as a subunit, fans have fallen in love with VIXX LR. Both Taekwoon and Wonshik were both surprised and glad with the positive feedbacks. However, at the same time, they were pressured to do even better.

It wasn't like they didn't want to make another comeback but nothing they have created thus far, surpassed what Beautiful Liar was. Taekwoon even worries at times about what if Beautiful Liar is their limit to their music?

Let's stop being too negative here, Jung Taekwoon. He told himself, you're going to let the fans down.

As he got his cup of coffee, he slowly dragged his feet across back to the studio. He didn't want to go back in all honesty but he knew he had no choice. He and Wonshik have fought several times because of their musical differences and although Wonshik is a good kid, he was different when his position is that of a producer.

Taekwoon sighed.

Just as he approached the studio room, he saw a familiar facing peaking through the doors.

"Hakyeon-ah?" Taekwoon called out.

"Shhh." Hakyeon placed his index finger over his mouth to gesture the vocalist to keep quiet. 

"What are you doing here?" Taekwoon whispered. 

"I was just curious about how things are progressing with you and Wonshik."

"Why don't you go in then?" 

"I don't want to disturb you two. I know how much this means to the both of you and our fans so it'll be bad if I interrupted."

"You don't have to worry about that. You're LR's number one fan remember?" Taekwoon joked.

Hakyeon smiled shyly and nodded.

"Mhmm!"

"Anyways, go inside. I'm sure Wonshik wants to see you too."

Before Hakyeon could reject any further, Taekwoon had already opened the door and escorted their leader inside.

But the rapper was too much in his world to realize that there was an unexpected guest in the room.

"He can't hear us?" Hakyeon glanced at Wonshik's back.

Taekwoon nodded.

"Come," he pulled Hakyeon to follow him to his work station.

"So, what are you working on right now?" Hakyeon had always been curious about the two's work space and how they make their songs.

"I'm thinking of the type of lyrics from the sample I heard before and Wonshik is refining the tunes to make it a proper song. We're nowhere near being completed though," Taekwoon sighed.

"Are you having troubles with it?" 

"Yeah..."

"Have you talked with Wonshik about it?"

"A bit. But you know how we differ in opinions when it comes to making music right? We had a few fights already because of this comeback."

"Taekwoon-ah," Hakyeon was urging to pat Taekwoon on the head since the younger looked so sad.

"Maybe... we shouldn't have made LR in the first place," Taekwoon began to doubt.

Hakyeon was speechless and didn't know what to say since he knew nothing about the two's struggles. But all he could think of was to reach out for Taekwoon and give him a gentle hug.

"It's okay. I'm sure you can do it. I believe in the both of you," Hakyeon smiled warmly.

"Hakyeon-hyung?" Wonshik turned around just in time to see the two life-long friends hugging behind his back. "What are you doing here? And why are you two hugging?"

Wonshik put down his headphones and gave his full attention at their leader now.

"I came to visit and see how you two are doing," Hakyeon told him.

"Okay? But why are you hugging Taekwoon-hyung?" Wonshik asked again in a puzzling voice.

"It looked like he needed one so I gave him one?" Hakyeon said.

Wonshik looked at the two in suspicions and didn't seem too pleased with the situation.

"So, would you give me a hug too if I ask for one?" Wonshik suddenly asked.

Both Hakyeon and Taekwoon looked at each other puzzled by what Wonshik said. 

"Um, sure?" Hakyeon said.

Without a delay, Wonshik rushed up towards Hakyeon and hugged tge leader tightly without letting go.

"Ya, Wonshik-ah, you're going to suffocate Hakyeonie. Let him go," Taekwoon began to worry as he saw Hakyeon's face grow red.

"No!" The younger shouted which startled the two oldest.

"Wonshik-ah," Hakyeon was confused at the younger’s possessive attitude. "What's wrong?"

Wonshik burried his face in Hakyeon's shoulders and mumbled to himself.

"It's not fair."

"Huh?"

"It's not fair that you always pay attention to Taekwoon-hyung and not me!" Wonshik began to whine. "You're being biased!"

"I'm not. I pay attention to you too don't I?" Hakyeon was confused.

"Nu-uh! You like Taekwoon-hyung more right? That's why he always get your special treatment and I don't!"

"Wait, now you're being ridiculous here. I'm getting the special treatment?" Taekwoon couldn't hold it back and decided to intervene. "Who is it that Hakyeonie always goes to whenever he has something to consult about? It's you isn't it?"

"That's your fault for rejecting him so much and being quiet!" Wonshik argued back.

"What? Now you're blaming it on how I am? I told you guys before didn't I? I'm different from you guys!" Taekwoon raised his voice.

"You guys... please stop fighting," Hakyeon was at a lost being caught in the middle of the two"s fight.

But neither of them heard Hakyeon.

"Plus, who is it that always got choreographies with Hakyeonie? You always get to touch him on stage as an excuse for the dance to be a part of the song!" Taekwoon sulked.

"What? You jealous? Then maybe you should improve that stiff body of yours to match up with Hakyeon-hyung's beautiful dances," Wonshik smirked.

"You!" Taekwoon grabbed Wonshik by the collar and Wonshik did the same.

"That's enough!" Hakyeon shouted. "Are you two going to continue fighting like this or should I just leave now? It was a bad idea to have come visit you two."

Taekwoon and Wonshik finally let go of each other.

"Wait," Taekwoon reached out to their leader.

"Sorry hyung, we didn't mean it," Wonshik felt bad.

Hakyeon glared at the two with his catlike eyes in silence.

The two gulped in fear at the angry leader.

"Honestly, how did you two start arguing about me in the first place? I love you both equally and have never given special treatment to one person more than another."

"But... I don't want that," Taekwoon said quietly.

Wonshik also nodded in agreement to Taekwoon.

"I don't want you to treat us equally. I know it's selfish of me to say it, but I want to be the one thats number one in your heart," the younger told Hakyeon.

"He's right Hakyeon-ah. You're too nice for your own good and I know you love us all but I want to be that person who is the most special compared to everyone else," Taekwoon said.

"But I..." Hakyeon scratched his head.

What do I do? He asked himself while looking at the two members of LR with a pleading expression. Do I really have to choose?

"Hakyeon-ah."

"Hakyeon-hyung..."

Taekwoon and Wonshik both surrounded Hakyeon as if they were anticipating for an answer. But how could Hakyeon choose one over another when he simply loves them both so much? Either way, even if he chooses, it would end up hurting the other.

What will he do? 

"Give it up you two," someone bombarded the studio in surprise.

It was Hyuk.

"Everyone knows I'm Hakyeon-hyung's favorite," he said.

"No~ I'm hyung's favorite," Jaehwan followed inside behind Hyuk.

"Dream on. I know Hakyeon-hyung the longest and everything there is to know about him so it only makes sense I'm his number one," Hongbin also entered with a confident smirk.

"Why are you all here?" Hakyeon was surprised but so was Taekwoon and Wonshik.

"We saw you weren't in your bedroom so we had an assumption that you'd be here to visit these two idiots," Hongbin told him.

"And we were right!" Jaehwan exclaimed.

"To think we'd end up hearing a fight about who is Hakyeon-hyung's favorite at 4am in the morning... you guys obviously need to get your heads checked," Hyuk shook his head at disapproval of the immature members.

"I just want to be hyung's number one, that one person who is special above everyone else's. Is it that much to ask for?" Wonshik argued.

"Yes it is. Can't you two see how troubled Hakyeon-hyung is right now?" Jaehwan told them.

Taekwoon and Wonshik finally took a good look at Hakyeon and noticed their leader was on the verge of tears. He was having a hard time finding and answer as the two of them was pushing him to the end.

"Sorry Hakyeonie. I didn't mean to make you sad?" Taekwon felt bad.

"Yeah, me too. I'm sorry," Wonshik bowed to apologize. He didn't mean to make the leader cry.

"Sorry we're forcing you to choose. It's obvious you can't..."

"Yeah, we won't make you choose anymore. Taekwoon-hyung can be your number one!" Wonshik nudged Taekwoon forward.

"No, Wonshik is obviously a better choice so he should be number one," Taekwoon pulled the younger forward.

"No, hyung should be-"

"No you should!"

"Stooop!" Hakyeon shouted once more as he gathered back his tears and sighed.

Everyone froze at their spots waiting for Hakyeon to calm down and speak.

"Everyone here is my most precious, most beloved, most favorite and best dongsaengs in the world! You're all my number one okay?" Hakyeon demanded.

The members looked at one another for a moment and then smiled. They almost thought it was so silly to be fighting for the number one spot in Hakyeon's heart when it was obvious that Hakyeon loves them all unconditionally. 

As the others decided to sleep in the studio together on the small sofa, Wonshik leaned in towards Taekwoon to whisper something.

"I'm not giving up being Hakyeon-hyung's number one," the younger declared.

"Heh. Neither will I," Taekwoon replied with a smile.

 

A/N: Funny coincidence but I wrote this in the middle of the night before going to bed and when I woke up, apparently during the fanmeeting in KL, Hakyeon said Wonshik is his number one and Wonshik in return said Hakyeon is his all.