[NEO] Powerade

AllN Oneshot Dump

"Powerade"

 

 

Hakyeon finally got some time off for himself to do some morning exercise. He's been selected as one of the torch runners for the Pyeongchang Olympics and he couldn't feel any prouder. But it was also a lot of work so that he doesn't disappoint anyone. Unlike some of the younger members, Hakyeon doesn't go running or go to the gym as often as he should. He occasionally goes along with Wonshik but the two of them does completely different types of workout. 

It's not like Hakyeon wants to be look muscular or lose weight but he just wanted to keep fit. But since he doesn't go out regularly enough, even the job is a bit hard on him.  

He woke up early in the morning while all the members were still asleep to do his morning jog. He did a few regular stretches before he headed out. Seoul in the morning was nice. It was quiet and peaceful. He had the entire road to himself without having to worry about fans recognizing him either. 

The only downside was the fact that it's minus 10 degrees out and he's trying to warm his body him by jogging. He can't really take a rest either because the moment he slows down, he'll feel the chills all over. The winter in Seoul is vicious. 

But that didn't really stop him so he continued onwards with his practice. After posting a picture on his Instagram, he went back to the dorms to take a quick nap. 

"Are they all still asleep?" Hakyeon wonders as he looked at his watch and noticed it was almost 10 in the morning yet none of s seem to be awake. "Oh well~"

Since no one was awake for him to bother, he went back to take a nap. 

Beep. Beep. Beep. 

His alarm went off after a few hours and woke up to finally hear the other members awake and watching TV. 

"Morning," Hakyeon said to the boys as he head counted how many of them have gathered. 

"Morning hyung," Jaehwan said. 

"It's way past noon hyung, you shouldn't sleep in so late," Hongbin said. 

"For your information, I was awake way before any of you did. I went for a jog and came back to take a nap," Hakyeon defended himself. 

"Haha, we know hyung. We saw you updated on your Instagram when we woke up," Hyuk said. "How's your workout coming along?"

"I don't know. It was too cold outside for me to feel that I've improved at all," Hakyeon sighed. 

"Just be careful not to catch a cold," Hongbin reminded him. 

"I know. By the way," Hakyeon looked around, "where's Wonshik and Taekwoon?"

"Wonshik had to go back to his studio to finish up some tracks and Taekwoon-hyung seems to have left before the three of us even woke up."

"I see."

"Ah! I know where Taekwoon-hyung is!" Jaehwan suddenly exclaimed making the others jump. "Look!"

"Hmm?"

The three gathered around Jaehwan to see what was on his phone. Taekwoon had just updated his Instagram it seems. 

"Looks like Taekwoon-hyung also went for a jog," Jaehwan said. 

Hakyeon didn't seem very pleased though seeing Taekwoon's update on his social media. Something just didn't feel right. 

Again, Hakyeon thought. 

"Gosh I don't get you two. The both of you are part of the relay so why not just wake up and jog together instead of going one after another?" Hongbin said. 

"Uh well, he's never awake or free when I have the chance to go jogging so... "

"Excuses. I'm sure if you just ask, Taekwoon-hyung would wake up and go jogging with you or something."

"Why do I have to be the one who asks? It's always me. I'm sick of it."

Just then, someone walked into the living room.

It was Taekwoon. 

"Hyung! Welcome back!" Jaehwan greeted the second oldest. 

"...Thanks. I'm going to take a shower," Taekwoon said and left almost immediately. 

"Shoot, do you think he heard us?" Hongbin whispered to Hakyeon and the others. 

"Uwah~ I hope not. It'll be bad if he did," Jaehwan shivered. 

"You're in trouble, hyung," Hyuk shook his head at Hakyeon.

Hakyeon had no comment. He was scared that the other might have heard him too. If Taekwoon did hear what he said, it'll be bad right?

 

~

 

That day was strange and awkward for Hakyeon. He couldn't look Taekwoon in the eyes at all, still scared that the other might have heard his comment. What if Taekwoon misunderstands? 

He let out a deep sigh as he did another round of jogs a few mornings later. 

"Gyah! This is driving me nuts!" Hakyeon shouted as he sprinted faster to finish his course. 

Just as he opened the door back to the dorms, the dorm opened right in front of him. 

"Woah!" Hakyeon got quite the shock. "T-taekwoonie?"

Taekwoon stared at Hakyeon for a second without saying anything. He looked at Hakyeon from top to bottom who obviously went for a jog again this morning. 

"Are you going out?" Hakyeon asked, trying to remain normal in front of the vocalist.

Taekwoon nodded but didn't say much," I'm off."

"W-wait, are you in a hurry?" Hakyeon asked while holding him back.

"... why?" 

"Um, about the other day..."

"What about it?" Taekwoon said in a scary and stoic voice.

"Did you happen to hear about what we said?"

"About?" 

"You know... about ..." Hakyeon found his throat dry and almost having a hard time to find the words to speak.

"About you getting sick of me?" Taekwoon filled in the blanks for him.

"No! You're wrong. I'm not sick of you or anything! Really! You misunderstood! That's not what I meant!" Hakyeon shouted in his defense. 

Taekwoon pulled Hakyeon back inside the dorms immediately as Hakyeon was being too loud and worried that they might disturb the neighbors.

"Don't shout so early in the morning. What if you wake the others up?" Taekwoon warned him.

"But.. But I don't want to you misunderstand!" Hakyeon continued. 

"Okay. I get it," Taekwoon sighed. "Anyways, I have to go."

"W-wait, do you really get it?" 

"Yeah. Sure." 

Before Hakyeon could say anymore, Taekwoon had left.

It was starting to really bug Hakyeon about the indifferent attitude Taekwoon had though when he tried to clear up the misunderstanding. Sure, the younger said he understood but Hakyeon knew very well that Taekwoon's behavior was far from understanding. Their relationship started to get worst as Taekwoon would rarely talk to Hakyeon or anyone for that matter. It was as if Taekwoon reverted back to how he was initially when he first debut. 

"What's wrong with Taekwoon-hyung?" Wonshik asked one day while they were having dinner. 

The five of them gathered at the dining table during breakfast except for Taekwoon who said he had to stay in his room to study his script. Hakyeon let out a deep sigh.

"It's all my fault," Hakyeon was very obviously depressed. "Argh..."

"So is this considered a fight?" Hongbin asked. 

"It's more one-sided though," Hyuk commented.

"Are you okay, hyung?" Jaehwan asked Hakyeon.

"Do I look okay to you?" Hakyeon responded with his head faced down on the table. "Look at these dark circles!"

"So you've been losing sleep? Poor hyung," Jaehwan patted him on the back. "It's okay, I'm here for you."

"Thanks Jaehwan-ah. You're the only one," Hakyeon sulked and clung onto Jaehwan just in time for Taekwoon to pass by the kitchen to see it.

Hakyeon immediately let go and swallowed hard as if he was guilty of something.

"M-morning, Taekwoon-ah," Hakyeon tried to greet the younger.

Taekwoon nodded a bit and completely ignored him afterwards. 

"Where are you going hyung?" Hyuk asked Taekwoon. 

"Out," Taekwoon said.

"Where?"

"Just out."

Without any explanations, Taekwoon left leaving the rest all very speechless with a very awkward atmosphere.

"Argh!!" Hakyeon yelled in frustration.

"Calm down, you'll scare the neighbors," Hongbin said.

"Yeah hyung. Just give it time and he'll be back to normal. I think..." Wonshik said unsurely. "But did you guys notice what Taekwoon-hyung was wearing?"

"Yeah, it looks like he's going out for a jog. Do you think he's practicing for the relay?" Jaehwan asked.

That's when an idea came up to Hakyeon who could no longer sit still in his seat to do nothing.

"I'm leaving," Hakyeon said as he got up suddenly.

"Where?" the youngers all looked at him.

"Out," Hakyeon said and immediately dashed out the door.

 

~

 

He's definitely out here somewhere, Hakyeon thought as he dashed out to find Taekwoon. There's really nowhere else the younger could run around near their dorms without being noticed by other people so he tried to find Taekwoon immediately. Damn those long legs! Where'd he go?

After a long sprint, Hakyeon finally found Taekwoon in front of him and jogging far away.

Hakyeon picked up his speed as quickly as he could, "Taekwoon-ah!"

Taekwoon froze hearing his name being called in the middle of nowhere and when he looked back, he saw a frantic Hakyeon running towards him.

"H-hakyeon?" 

"Wait... for... me..." Hakyeon said as he tried to catch his breath while running with all his might towards Taekwoon.

"What are you doing here?" Taekwoon was completely taken back.

"I... we... need... to... talk..."

"Calm down okay?" 

Hakyeon finally caught up to Taekwoon but he felt like his legs were going to give out. He really should have worked out more. He was completely beat.

"One... sec..." Hakyeon gestured with his hands for one second.

Taekwoon was very confused with the situation though and totally did not expect Hakyeon to come running towards him.

"What's wrong?" Taekwoon asked.

Hakyeon finally caught his breath after a minute or two, he grabbed Taekwoon's arms and looked straight at Taekwoon.

"What did I do wrong? Why are you ignoring me? I seriously hate it," Hakyeon said.

"Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. You don't talk with us and me in particular anymore. Do you even know how long it's been since we've talked to each other properly?" Hakyeon asked.

"You're exaggerating. I'm not ignoring you or anyone else."

"Liar! Do you think you can lie to me? I'm Cha Hakyeon! I know you the best."

"Do you really?" Taekwoon looked at the older with a skeptical expression on him.

"What do you mean?"

Taekwoon let out a disappointing sigh.

"If you really knew me so well than you should know what's wrong and why I'm ignoring you."

"So you are ignoring me!?"

"Yes because you did wrong."

"W-what? Is this about what I said before about being sick of you? I told you, it was a misunderstanding!"

"Not that."

"Then what is it?!"

Taekwoon let out another sigh. He gave up.

"Which one of us are selected for the torch relay this coming Olympic?" Taekwoon asked.

"Huh? You and me? Obviously?" Hakyeon tilted his head at the question.

"Yes. You AND me!" Taekwoon bursted out. "You keep going out for jogs every morning without me! I have to practice too so why didn't you ask me? Do you know how annoying it is every time I wake up to check my Instagram and find out that you went jogging without me?!"

"But... But I thought you hated people waking you up when you're sleeping..." Hakyeon gulped  at Taekwoon's outburst.

"Yeah I hate people waking me up but I hate it more to see you going out without me when we're both aiming for the exactly same thing! Like do you really not want to jog with me that much?"

"No! Of course not! But I was worried that I might slow you down. I don't work out often and my stamina isn't that great. I didn't want to get in your way."

"Do I look like the type to not consider slowing down for you? I'll do anything for you as long as you ask but you never ask!"

"S-sorry..."

Hakyeon felt horrible knowing how left out Taekwoon must have been feeling the past several months as they ran their separate ways.

"Did you want to work out together?" Hakyeon asked.

Taekwoon nodded.

"I see... Sorry for being inconsiderate. I didn't know."

"Well, now you do. So what are you going to do now?" Taekwoon asked him.

"Um, jog together?"

"And?"

"And?"

"And you can't say you're sick of me and you can't run without me and also, stop clinging onto Jaehwan for everything!"

"Y-yes sir!" Hakyeon nodded in full agreement. "So um... can you forgive me?"

"We'll see about that," Taekwoon smirked. 

 

 

 

A/N: Like why can't NEO just post selfies together after a jog? Why do they keep posting one after another... this chapter was written from my frustration with NEO being both adorable yet annoying at the same time xD