[ChaSang] Valentines Royale

AllN Oneshot Dump

"Valentines Royale"

 

Hyuk was gaming in his room with Hongbin late at night while the rest of the members were watching some kind of movie in the living room. Hyuk could hear the older members all chattering away since his door was opened and the game he was playing wasn’t too loud. Whenever he or Hongbin closes their doors to game, there’s always a member who complains that the younger ones are not interacting with them enough or acting too distant.

But the noise from outside could be heard and quite distracting for Hyuk who was trying to concentrate in the game and making sure he shoots down all the enemies and not dying so much or else Hongbin might come yelling at him. Everyone knows that even the happy Hongbin can be quite scary and too serious whenever they’re gaming.

“Ah! I wish someone would give me chocolates for this Valentines,” Hakyeon said loudly enough and complaining enough for Hyuk to hear.

“Pfft, how old are you?” Wonshik bursts out laughing at the leader’s random remark.

“But that’s the important part! Like my twenties are officially over and this is going to be the last Valentines! Plus, I’m not here next Valentines…” Hakyeon sighed deeply and then turned his head over to look at the youngest directly.

Oh god, Hyuk knew immediately what the oldest was hinting about.

“If only someone could give me chocolates this year, I’d be able to leave and do my services in peace,” Hakyeon let out another fake sigh. “Like someone being the youngest of the certain group or something~”

The others all burst out laughing at once, catching onto who Hakyeon was referring to.

“If Hyogi gives you chocolate this year, I want one too,” even Taekwoon starts in on the teasing.

“Uwah~ I want chocolate from Hyogi too!” Jaehwan crawled up at Hyuk’s doorway like a puppy and looking cutely at the maknae.

“Hey! Hyogi is mine, stop fighting with me!” Hakyeon pouted with his hands on his hips and lecturing the others.

Hyuk looked at the older members ridiculously and rolled his eyes.

“Stop dreaming,” Hyuk said as he closed the door finally on the members.

“Aww!!” he could hear the members outside say in unison.

Hyuk sat back down on his chair and sighed. He opened the drawer next to him and took out a neatly wrapped box.

“What am I going to do now?” he asked himself.

Actually, he did prepare chocolates for Hakyeon weeks in advance, hoping that maybe he could give something to the leader before his enlistment. It took him a lot of courage to ask his sister for help on what kind of chocolate to get the leader but instead of buying chocolate, Hyuk ended up making it himself. He still remembers the chocolate pepero that Hakyeon prepares for all the members last year and though the leader gave away dozens, Hyuk had the most compared to everyone else. He has always been the special one in Hakyeon’s heart after all and it was the same for the maknae even though Hyuk refuses to admit it since he knew the leader would not let him off so easily.

If the others find out that I made this for hyung, they’re definitely going to make fun of me, Hyuk shivers with just the thought of being caught by s. But he stared at the box of chocolate in his hand, then opened the door slightly to peek at what Hakyeon was doing. The leader have already forgotten his pestering a minute ago and resumed to watching whatever they were watching on the television.

Hyuk have already missed the chance to tell the leader he got chocolates for him and he did think of giving it to the leader anonymously but wouldn’t that be too cowardly?

How can he be able to give chocolates to the leader directly but not get caught by the others so that they can’t make fun of him later on? Hyuk was in a tight spot.

Alright, I can do this! Just give the chocolates to Hakyeon-hyung and not get caught, that should be easy enough, right?

But Hyuk was wrong.

The next day came and all of the members were getting ready to go to a photoshoot together. They got up early in the morning and got dressed to head to the shooting location. Hyuk made sure he grabbed the box of chocolate since it’s Valentine’s Day but he shoved the box deep down in his backpack so that no one could see it. He just has to find an opening for when Hakyeon is finally free to give it to the leader personally.

“I can do this!” Hyuk told himself.

“Do what?” Hongbin caught the younger mumbling to himself in the van.

“Huh? Nothing!” Hyuk responded with an awkward smile. “Let’s work hard today, hyung!”

“Uh… okay?” Hongbin was weirded out by the younger’s enthusiasm.

The morning went by smoothly for the photoshoot. The members went back and forth changing between their outfits and it wasn’t so bad since the staff also got them free food and snacks. The members were playing games amongst themselves while another was doing their individual shoots.

“Sanghyuk-ah, look this way,” the photographer said.

“Huh? Uh, yeah, sorry!” Hyuk responded in delay since his eyes kept following where the leader was going.

Hakyeon was having a lot of fun with Jaehwan and Hongbin on the side, not watching Hyuk’s photoshoot at all which disappointed the younger a little.

Look this way, look this way, Hyuk wanted to be noticed.

For a split second, it was as if Hakyeon heard him and turned his direction but moments later, Hakyeon’s attention was caught by Jaehwan who clung onto the leader.

Jaehwan-hyung!! Hyuk was fuming a little inside watching the cute main vocalist hog the leader to himself. Hakyeon adored Jaehwan as much as he adores Hyuk, everyone knew that and unlike the stubborn ‘Hyogi’, Jaehwan was more expressive of his adoration for the leader.

Luckily, the first part of the photoshoot for Hyuk ended smoothly, just with the photographer having to call the younger out from time to time but it wasn’t bad and the results looked pretty good.

It was then time for Jaehwan and Wonshik to go do duo shoots together which meant that Hakyeon was finally free from Jaehwan’s clinging. Hyuk’s eyes followed where the leader was going and finally noticed that the leader was by himself. Alright! Let’s do this and get it over with!

“H-hyung,” Hyuk almost bit his tongue trying to utter the first words.

“Hmm?” Hakyeon looked up from his phone.

“I got a pr-“

“Hakyeon-ah! Can you fix my collar?” Taekwoon rushes up and interrupted the two of them.

“Hmm? Sure,” Hakyeon said and fixed the collar for Taekwoon.

Hyuk stood there dumbfoundedly, not knowing how to comprehend the fact that his sudden surge of confidence was kicked away by the vocalist’s collar being undone. Can’t you ask the coordi to fix it for you?! Hyuk wanted to shout at Taekwoon who was completely oblivious about the maknae’s death glare from the side.

“Alright, finished,” Hakyeon said and patted his friend on the back.

“Thanks, Hakyeonie, you’re the best!” Taekwoon said affectionately and ran off as if nothing happened.

“So, what were you saying?” Hakyeon didn’t forget about Hyuk who was standing there on the side and waiting for his turn.

“Ah, I have ch-“

“Hyung, the photographer is calling for us,” Hongbin came running in and grabbed the leader without delay for their duo shots.

“Sorry, Hyogi. Tell me it later, okay?” Hakyeon said with an apologetic gesture and rushed onto the set.

Gyah! Why!? Hyuk’s momentum kept getting interrupted one by one and the most annoying part was the fact that he didn’t get to share any duo shots with Hakyeon this time. He was paired up with Taekwoon while Hakyeon was paired up with Hongbin, like the usual.

Hyuk sat on the side, slouched and glaring at the two take their photos while he grumbled away his dissatisfactions. If anyone didn’t know better, they would think Hyuk was going to eat someone alive with his strangely intimidating atmosphere.

“You got a stomachache or something?” Wonshik patted Hyuk on the back very hard.

“No,” Hyuk gave a short response.

“Then, what’s with the face?”

“Nothing.”

It was everything. Throughout the day as Hyuk made his several attempts to tell the leader he has chocolates prepared for him, he kept being interrupted by either s or by the staffs. Hyuk was clenching his angry inside and trying very hard not to explode with impatience.

“So, any chocolates from Hyogi?” Taekwoon asked Hakyeon thinking that they were alone but Hyuk passed by just in time to hear the two’s conversation in the hallway.

“No,” Hakyeon sighed disappointingly.

I have it! Right here dammit! Hyuk was holding onto the box of chocolates in his jacket pocket wherever he went during the photoshoot in case of any chances he get to give it to the leader.

“Hey, don’t look like that. He’s just not good at expressing himself, it’s not like he doesn’t care,” Taekwoon patted Hakyeon on the back. “Chin up.”

“Thanks, I guess,” Hakyeon was not convinced.

“Aw~ don’t look like that. You got a lot of chocolates from the staff, didn’t you?” Taekwoon pointed at the bag of chocolate that was stashed inside of Hakyeon’s backpack.

“Yeah, but they’re not the same, you know?”

Hyuk saw how disappointed Hakyeon was about not getting any chocolates from the maknae even though they hinted it quite obviously the night before. He didn’t think that the leader was actually so serious about getting chocolates from the younger and look so sad about not receiving it yet.

Alright! Let’s do this again! Hyuk made his first step and was just about to call out Hakyeon’s name again for the Nth time.

“Hyu-“ Before another syllable could be uttered out of Hyuk’s mouth, Jaehwan and Wonshik both came running in from behind.

“Hyung, the manager is here to pick us up,” Jaehwan said.

“Let’s go before we get scolded,” Wonshik pulled Hakyeon and Taekwoon away immediately like a mother.

“Oh, Hyogi, you here too? Let’s go!” Jaehwan pulled Hyuk along on the other side.

For a moment, Hakyeon gave Hyuk a surprised expression as to why the younger was nearby but it immediately turned into a sad one, probably thinking about not getting any chocolates again from the youngest.

Hyuk felt like slamming his face against the wall at the numerous times he’s gotten interrupted already that day. And instead of returning straight to their dorms, they got driven to their company instead. This time, it was for practice and rehearsals.

Are you kidding me?! Hyuk wanted to scream aloud.

The staffs and dancers were all crowding around inside the dance studio one by one, all waiting to start their practice. But Hyuk on the other hand was in no mood for any practice that day.

It’s freaking Valentines Day! Don’t you people have dates to go to? Why are you all here?! Hyuk was irritated alright.

Practice went on forever until pass dinner time and as Valentines Day was coming to an end, Hyuk felt more anxious than ever. He was still unable to find the right timing to give his box of chocolates to the older since there was almost zero breaks in between. Hyuk was on the verge of giving up, there was no hope for him this year and there won’t be a next year either.

“Hyung!” Jaehwan shouted to Hakyeon loudly enough across the room for everyone to turn their heads toward them.

“Hmm? What is it?” Hakyeon have the younger vocalist all the attention.

“For you!”

Jaehwan dug out a small jug of chocolate milk from his pocket and gave to the leader bashfully.

“Happy Valentines Day, hyung!” Jaehwan said in front of everyone. Hyuk was too shocked that the vocalist was faster than him and even braver than he could ever be.

“Thanks, Jaehwan-ah,” Hakyeon’s exhausted expression suddenly lit up and gave the younger a bright smile, a smile which Hyuk wish it was his instead.

“Hehe, I love you hyung!” Jaehwan jumped in confessing his love to Hakyeon while everyone else was watching and leaving Hyuk completely dumbfounded on the side.

“Wait! That’s unfair, you said you weren’t going to give Hakyeonie a gift this year,” Taekwoon separates the two immediately.

“I did say that but it doesn’t mean that I actually meant it. It wasn’t like I made a promise or anything.”

“Well, if that’s the case,” Taekwoon scanned around the room, saw his backpack and started to rummage through it frantically. He dug out some cookies he saved for himself as a snack and gave it to Hakyeon instead. “Here!”

Everyone knew the glutinous Taekwoon would never give his food away to anyone so the members were all shocked, even the leader.

“Thanks,” Hakyeon said in a slightly confused tone.

“Gosh, you two need to grow up,” Hongbin shook his head on the side watching the drama go on but it wasn’t just the two vocalist who had the same idea.

“Shove it,” Wonshik said and pushed the two older vocalists aside. “Here Hakyeon-hyung. I got these for you. They’re more special than some chocolate milk or cookie.”

Wonshik took out a mini bouquet of roses, which left everyone gasping in surprise. It was a sudden thing that no one could imagine it at all but it was enough to make Hakyeon gleam with joy.

“Thanks, Wonshik-ah. When did you prepare this?” Hakyeon asked as he gratefully accepted the roses.

“This morning. They’re fresh and I asked the florist about them. They’re special kinds and won’t wither quickly so you can keep them for a longer time and think about me,” Wonshik made a bold statement.

“Wonshik-ah…” Hakyeon didn’t know what to say as a response.

“Ya! Kim Wonshik! That’s what you were doing this morning? I knew it was strange when you said you were going out for a run so early by yourself,” Hongbin seemed annoyed. “Who’s the one who said that whoever won can give Hakyeon-hyung a Valentines Day present? You lost the game!”

“Game? What game?” Hyuk find himself mumbling in confusion with the situation.

“A few days ago, we were playing toss the bottle to decide who gets to give Hakyeon-hyung a present and this guy here clearly lost and even made fun of me if I really give hyung a present this year,” Hongbin yelled angrily. “Fine! If that’s the way it is-“

Hongbin also took something he prepared out from his bag and it was a single red rose unlike the rapper’s but it was a simple one, there is a chocolate truffle at the center of bud.

“Hyung! This is for you!” Hongbin said and shoved the rose at Hakyeon and turned his face away to hide his embarrassed face.

“Thanks, Kong-ah. Even though you kind of played a game to do this,” Hakyeon said with an awkward laugh.

All the members had secretly prepared something for Hakyeon, well kind of, but Hyuk stood there watching the chaos go on and the clock ticking away. He was the only one that couldn’t find the courage to go up to give his present to Hakyeon while the others gathered around the leader and clinging onto him tightly. Hyuk felt left out and disappointed, at himself.

Seriously, what the hell am I doing! Hyuk walked through the crowd of people watching the members fight over a simple day, he stomped loudly enough from behind for the crowd to look back at who it was.

“Hyogi?” Hakyeon saw an angry and slightly rushed maknae approaching them.

“Hakyeon-hyung!” Hyuk shouted loudly.

“??”

“This is for you!”

Hyuk grabbed the box of chocolates with the gift wrapping a little wrinkled from being in his backpack and pocket all day and a ribbon tied around it, that was poorly tied together.

“Hakyeon-hyung, I-I-...” Hyuk started stuttering. “Will… will you be my Valent-“

Hyuk bit his tongue trying to rush his confession out from his mouth.

“Hyogi…” Hakyeon looked at the younger and then looked at the box of chocolates that the younger gave him. “Is this for me?”

Hyuk nodded immediately with no regret and took another deep breath to make his final attempt.

“I know it isn’t much and it probably doesn’t match it to the others but I just want to know that you’re special in every way possible and that I love you a lot. Although I won’t be able to give you chocolates next year, I’ll wait until you come back and give you chocolates every year after that,” Hyuk made an astonishing bold confession that made everyone speechless.

“Really?” Hakyeon asked as he felt like they were the only ones in the entire room.

“Yes!”

“Thanks Hyogi. I’ll be waiting for them,” Hakyeon said with a beautiful smile and approached Hyuk with a little tiptoe, then pecked the younger on the cheeks. “Thanks, really.”

“Hyung…” Hyuk’s heart was racing rapidly that he felt like his heart might jump out from a little peck.

“Pfft!!” Jaehwan and Hongbin both bursts out laughing on the side.

“Finally!” Wonshik said and shook his head at the two lovebirds.

“We seriously thought you weren’t going to give Hakyeon your chocolates,” Taekwoon said.

“Huh?” Hyuk tilted his head in confusion.

“Sorry, Hakyeon-hyung. This isn’t actually for you,” Jaehwan took back his chocolate milk from Hakyeon and drank it happily.

“What?” the leader was also confused.

“This is actually from my sister, sorry,” Hongbin also took his single rose back and put it in his pocket for safe keeping. “She’d kill me if I gave her present away.”

“And this,” Wonshik took his mini bouquet back. “Is for Oengdongie.”

“Sorry, Hakyeonie but as I thought, my snacks are my snacks,” Taekwoon said and took his cookies from the leader without batting an eye.

“What’s going on here?” Hyuk and Hakyeon found themselves looking at the other four.

“Well, Wonshik and I found that Hyogi actually prepared something for you weeks ago but kept it hidden the entire time,” Jaehwan said.

“You guys knew?” Hyuk asked.

“Yeah. Our place isn’t that big to be hiding things. You should’ve known better,” Hongbin said.

“We thought he’d give it to you eventually but he kept holding back so we decided to do something ourselves,” Taekwoon was also in charge of the plan.

“That’s because you guys kept interrupting me!” Hyuk shouted back.

“We did?” Jaehwan asked while the rest were just as oblivious.

“Yes!”

“Then why don’t you just give it to him directly and be brave about it,” Wonshik asked.

“That’s-That’s cuz you guys would make fun of me!” Hyuk finally told them.

“We wouldn’t,” Taekwoon said. “We know how much you really care about Hakyeonie.”

“Yeah, we read your interview,” Hongbin started to tease the younger.

“See?” Hyuk pouted.

“Hyogi, did you really prepare the chocolates for me in advance?” Hakyeon pulled the younger’s short sleeves cutely and looked up curiously for an answer.

“...” Hyuk’s anger was completely submerged by the leader’s puppy eyes and he nodded. “They’re for you. I just didn’t know when to give it to you because … I’ve never done this kind of thing before.”

“Hyogi, thanks. I really love it,” Hakyeon said.

“He made them himself,” Hongbin revealed.

“Yah!” Hyuk shouted informally at the older.

“Really?” Hakyeon looked at the youngest.

“His sister told me.”

“Really,” Hakyeon looked at Hyuk once more for confirmation.

“Yeah… but if they don’t taste good, don’t complain. I’ve never made things like this before,” Hyuk gave in to defeat.

“That’s okay. As long as it’s something you made, I’ll love it no matter what!” Hakyeon glomped the younger happily in front of everyone without a care in the world.

Hyuk looked around embarrassed since everyone was watching but he gave up caring, so what if he gets teased? What matters most is that Hakyeon was the happiest hyung in the world on this special day before it ended.

“Happy Valentines Day, hyung,” Hyuk said.

 

A/N

Happy Valentines Day!