Jongup 13

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            The posters were up now. The interschool dance competition was starting. You were hyped. For the past year, you’ve been excited for it. Your high school’s brother school would be coming over and the competition would be in various categories.

            It was going to be especially exciting because they had a secret weapon. He was new to the school and was said to be the most sought after dancer in your age group. Entertainment companies wanted to sign contracts with him. But you’ve never seen him dance, so you had your doubts. Nobody could be this good and remain anonymous for so long.

            Your coach came up to you as you swung the athlete bag over your shoulder. “Are you ready for next week? I think our routine is pretty flawless. There is one part I wish to talk to you about.”

            You were curious. “Oh what is that?”

            “There has been an added component to this year’s competition. We wanted to have the two schools develop a closer relationship. We’re picking three of our best dancers to work on an improve co-ed dance with the others. You will be introduced to your partner ten minutes before your segment. There you can decide to dance the waltz, a hip hop or even just a group dance.”

            You nodded. “Sounds good. I’m really honored you would choose me, though.”

            Your coach smiled and patted your back. “You’re our best.”

            The week flew by and the excitement around school continued to build. When the day of the competition arrived, you were confident you would do well. The classical dances went first. Group dancing with lines of belly dancers and the hip hop girls went on. You waited past the ballet. Then it was time for the boy groups. You knew that like you, the mysterious dancer was only doing one dance.

            The boys were good and they ranked higher than the girls. You snarled, your competitive side rearing. For the past year, you have egged the dance crews to practice but they had only pulled together at the last minute. If the boys won, you would cry.

            It was your turn. You went onstage and everyone clapped. The soulful music you had chosen to start out with was fine to display the flexibility you had worked over the years to acquire. Then the beat changed. It was fast and you had to concentrate to make sure all your moves kept with the pace. You made the dance look effortless.  The routine ended with a split and the audience clapped.

            “She’s really good,” people mumbled when you left the stage. You grabbed a towel and paced to keep your muscles warm. Then you made your way to the back of the stage.

            The next act was getting started and judging from the buzzing, you knew who it would be. This was their dancing machine. The lights dimmed and smoke puffed out. You scoffed. What a dramatic entrance. Thudding bass pounded through the auditorium. The lights switched on and a handsome blonde stepped onto the stage.

            He was wearing typical dancing uniform and he was built. You were too far away to see his face clearly but he had good bone structure. His dancing was smooth. The way his body moved seemed as if it was forever flowing. There was a liquid grace and a power to the way he danced. You were impressed. And a little jealous.

            His routine ended to a burst of applause. When the scores were announced, you were shocked that you had only scored three points less than he did. Competitive as you were, you knew when you were outdone.

            Your coach tapped your shoulder. “Come, let’s go meet your partner.” Two other girls walked off backstage with you.

            You were not at all surprised to see the dance king there. He was at ease, chattering with his other classmates. When you walked in and he looked up, you saw how handsome he was. He smiled at you. This was baffling. Most times, rivals never treated the other nicely.

            He stood up and held out his hand to you. “Hi, I’m Moon Jongup. I think we’re going to be good partners.”

            “Partners?” You wanted to hit yourself. You knew how dumb that sounded.

            He grinned again, his eyes almost disappearing. “Yes. The top highest scorers are paired together. So I’m going to go on a limb and say, yes we are partners.”

            “Alright. Nice to meet you. I’m ____. What would you like to do as a dance?”

            He pulled you into a corner. “We can practice here.” Your heart thudded. “What dance do you want to do? I don’t mind doing a couple dance. It’s more fun that way. I mean we can show off our skills and we can coordinate. I feel like we can have chemistry.” His hand was on your arm and it was tingling.

            You shivered. He still looked cute. He was smiling at you, enchanting as anything. You nodded dumbly and he took your hand. Jongup led you really well. He led you in a series of complicated twists and dips. You felt light on your feet. He was pulling you through the series of motions.

            There was a smattering of applause and the rest of the group looked on. “I don’t think this competition is even fair,” one of your classmates complained. But she was smiling as she said it. The announcement for you two to go onstage came on and Jongup still held onto your hand.

            “Come on,” he whispered to you. “Let’s show the audience how a real couple dances.” The meaning behind his words were hardly veiled and he winked at you.

 

Jongup dance request

HOW WAS KCON EVERYONE??

:D

I saw the clips and THEY LOOK SO ADORABLE