Youngjae 17

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            The moment you fell and hit the pavement, you knew you were doomed. You could hear the crunch of the gravel underneath you and winced when you tried to get up. Okay, reminder, next time never get on a motorcycle without Youngjae next to you.

            You placed your palms on the ground and tried to get up. Your ankle was killing you and flashes of light was exploding in front of your eyes. Okay, breathe. You could do it. You tried to stand up. Everything was painful but you forced yourself. You hopped on one foot only to discover that you had blood running down your shins. Fantastic.

            You looked at the overturned motorcycle, engine still running and limped over to it. You turned it off and pulled out the keys. Now, the question was how to get home. You knew that he had told you to let him take care of the groceries but the lack of supplies in the house was infuriating.

            You couldn’t even pick up the motorcycle. You sighed. Time to embarrass yourself and call Youngjae. The phone rang for a long time and you were scared he wasn’t going to pick up. Finally, on the seventh ring, he answered.

            “Youngjae, don’t get mad.”

            There was a pause. “Okay, you did something dumb didn’t you?” You nodded before you realized that he couldn’t see you. “Don’t bother answering. I’m going to assume you decided that you just had to have the milk and decided to go out and buy it. Since I have the car, you must have taken the motorcycle. And let me guess, you don’t really know how to drive it that well and you’re either stranded without gas, or hurt somewhere.”

            Your mouth dropped open. “H-how did you know?”

            He laughed. “Honey, we’ve been married for two years. I think I know your habits by now. Okay, tell me where you are exactly.”

            “Er, the cross section away from the house and up the block.”

            Another silence. “Are you hurt?”

            “My ankle looks twisted and I’m bleeding. It’s not that big a deal. I can probably crawl home and you can get the motorcycle later.”

            “Stay there. I’m coming.”

            You managed to crawl to the nearby corner and sat there on the curb, waiting. When Youngjae drove towards you in the car, he pulled to a stop and walked out. He didn’t give the bike a single glance and immediately dropped next to you.

            “Keep your shoes on and I’ll take you to the hospital. I don’t want things to swell up.” You looked at him gratefully. He pulled out a band aid and cleaned your wound gently. He blew away some gravel and gently covered it up. “Grab my neck.” You wrapped yourself around him and he picked you up in his arms.

            Youngjae used one hand to open the car doors and carefully maneuvered you into the car so that your foot wasn’t touching anything. “Keep this leg suspended. I don’t want you to bang it against anything.”

            He drove slowly and when people honked behind him, he just went on at his own leisurely pace. You stared at him from the rearview mirror. He was concentrated as he pulled into the hospital. He sat beside you, holding your hand as the doctor examined you.

            “Youngjae, what about the motorcycle?”

            He shrugged. “I’ll get Daehyun to park it back I guess. What’s important is that you’re okay.” When the doctor was done with the cast, Youngjae picked you up again and carried you back to the car.

            It wasn’t until you got home that he finally sat down and looked at you. A smile tugged at his lips and he looked like he was about to start laughing. He placed his head on his hand as if assuming a listening position. “Wait, so tell me what happened?”

            You glared at him suspiciously. “Are you going to make fun of me?”

            “No,” he had a hard time keeping a straight face.

            You grimaced. “I decided I wanted eggs and milk, okay? I’m hungry. And so I didn’t feel like walking. You had taught me how to ride the motorcycle before anyway, so I went. But I must have hit something and completely panicked. I wanted to break but er, pressed the acceleration instead and I flew off.”

            Youngjae started laughing. You pouted. “Hey! It hurt okay?”

            “I’m sorry, but you’re so adorable when you get like this. Do you honestly think you could have ridden that thing? You’ve only had a few lessons, oh I’m sorry. And I already told you I would be getting them tonight!”

            You aimed a kick at him and nearly fell off the couch. Youngjae dived to save you. “Don’t make these large actions okay? I don’t need you dying on me. One twisted ankle is bad enough. What would I do if you broke a foot?”

            “You would laugh,” you huffed.

            He smiled and kissed the top of your head. “Not if I have to carry you around everywhere. A man can only exert so much strength, you know.” 

 

plot requested

Sorry it's short. My feels aren't here today. Leeteuk left and I'm just... all over the place.