Daehyun 39

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “Breathe in, breathe out,” you instructed him.

            Daehyun’s eyes crossed. “I’m not doing yoga.” He sounded as grouchy as he normally did when he wasn’t fed. You looked at him and saw that he looked strangely green. He was muttering phrases to himself in his Busan saturi. You knew this was a habit when he was nervous or angry. And right now, the queasy look on his face was leaning toward the former.

            You sighed and gave a tiny stamp of your foot. “Aish, Daehyun. You’ll be okay. They’re just my parents.”

            “Yeah, and your dad is just only some sort of big Mafia boss.”

            You stared at him. “Where in the world did you hear that gibberish from?”

            “The moment we started going out, all my friends started warning me, telling me to be careful. They said that if we ever fought, your dad would send his mafia guys after me. Do you ever wonder why whenever we argue, you always win?”

            “I always thought it was because I was right.”

            “Not always,” he muttered. You gave him a look and he quickly backtracked. “No, no, not like that, sweetheart. You’re always right.”

            You burst into laughter and hit him. “I can’t believe I’m having this conversation with my boyfriend. Okay, so my dad was in charge of the secret service agents. He may have been in charge of some of the meaner guys, but he’s still my dad. He’s not some sort of mafia boss.”

            “Secret service agents, huh?” He looked at you suspiciously. “That could be some sort of a code name for mafia. Maybe even you’re tricked! You don’t know. What if he has my head?”

            You threw your arms up in exasperation. “Jung Daehyun! I cannot freaking believe this. We’re going to be late, late, for our dinner and if my dad really is a mafia boss, then he would be mad. And you don’t want someone like him pissed off at you, okay? And guess what? I’m going to blame it all. On. You.” You poked his chest with every word.

            He turned pale. “You know what, I think maybe dating you isn’t exactly worth all the stress.” He held his stomach tightly and grimaced. “Ulcers you know.” He gave you a pained look.

            Your mouth fell open and you reached for him. “Dae, I was joking. I’ll tell my dad that you’re sick. I’ll tell him that I’m sick. Whatever you like. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to, you don’t have to do what you don’t want to do.”

            Your boyfriend cracked a grin. He hugged you. “I was kidding. But I heard your dad was super protective. This is the first time I’ve come over for dinner. I want to create a good impression.”

            You breathed a sigh of relief but stepped on his foot. “Just don’t eat too much. My mom doesn’t like fatties.”

            You took his hand and held it tightly as you walked up to the porch. The lights came on automatically and Daehyun took a jolt. “Is this another perk of being a former secret agent manager?”

            You shook his arm. Then the doors flew open. Your dad stood in the doorway with a large gun in his hands. You rolled your eyes. This wasn’t the first time he’s done this. Daehyun cleared his throat. “Hello, sir.”

            Your dad narrowed his eyes. “And you are?”

            The boy next to you snapped to attention and saluted. “D-daehyun. Jung Daehyun, sir.”

            “Good posture. A strong voice. A decent height. A little too skinny, might be hard to take care of you well.”

            “Dad,” you had to intervene. Daehyun was swaying. “Cut the act. I can see that that’s a toy gun. And we’re not getting married. He doesn’t need to take care of me right now. Can we go in? I’m hungry.”

            Your dad lowered his gun and grinned broadly. “I hope he eats well!”

            “That isn’t a problem,” you whispered to him.

            But your father was having too much fun. The three of you walked into the dining room and your mom smiled. “Welcome!” she took Daehyun’s arm and clucked. “You need to get fatter! More muscle. More ability to take care of my daughter!”

            You groaned and pulled up a chair. Your sister streaked into the dining room and plopped right across from Daehyun. “Oh, nice on sis! Finally a hot one. This one is much hotter than the other bums you’ve brought home.” She eyed him with appreciation.

            Daehyun sat up and didn’t crack a smile. You could tell he was still nervous. Your mom placed bowls of bubbling soup, stacks of bread, plates of vegetables and bowls of rice, stacked high with meat. You could hear Daehyun’s saliva dripping.

            Once your dad gave the nod, the five of you started eating. Daehyun couldn’t control himself. He tried to take his time but the food was calling out to him. Your mom was watching him eat with satisfaction. Your dad coughed.

            “So, Daehyun. Would you put in your every effort to protect my daughter if she ever was hurt?”

            “Yes sir, I will.” But the words came out garbled. In his hurry to answer your dad, Daehyun choked on his food. You clapped his back, rubbing his back soothingly.

            “He’s not that scary,” you whispered.

            Your dad grinned. “Well, I guess I’ll have to call my boys over and tell them that they may have to forcibly remove you from my home if you continue to regurgitate your food.”

            Daehyun paled. “The boys?”

            “Of course! You never wondered why I was called the mafia king? I had thousands of minions under me. Every time I got wind that my daughter was being mistreated or that her boyfriends weren’t good enough for her, I send them out to deal with the offensive boy accordingly.”

            Daehyun scrambled to give a respectful bow. “I’m sorry, sir. I promise to take good care of your daughter. I will do anything, sir.”

            Your dad laughed out loud. “Show me how well you can eat, then!”

            Your significant other smirked. “That’s not a problem.” Daehyun sat back on his seat and started to eat, nodding and complimenting your mother. “Mmm, your cooking is so good. I can eat this all day.”

            Daehyun yanked the chicken off his fork and grinned seductively at your mom. She squealed and fanned herself. “Oh, I really, really like this one.”

            You kicked him under the table. “Watch it. Or either my dad or I will really find the mafia to set on you.” 

 

requested by waffyeols

I finally ordered One Shot ^^