Daehyun 1 Part 3

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

You had to admit, you were slightly nervous. You had only known Daehyun for a day and already you two have progressed this far. It was slightly ironic, considering how skeptical you were of him before. The two of you reached a tall building and you froze. He glanced over at you and smiled. “Come on, they should have just started practice.”

            The building was fairly quiet until you reached a large complex at the end of the hallway. Loud music blared and laughter permeated through the doors to a room. There was a particularly high pitched giggle and Daehyun nodded. “Zelo’s back from school too.”

            He pushed open the door and almost immediately the raucous stopped. Five faces beamed at you and your breath almost stopped coming.

            “Sister-in-law!” One of the boys stepped forward and held out his arms. He looked friendly.

            You raised an eyebrow and turned to Daehyun. He let go of your hand and coughed, looking down at the floor. “Ahem.”

            The boy laughed. “I’m Youngjae. Daehyunnie has been texting me all day ever since his last class about a girl he wanted us to meet. And here you are! Welcome!”

            You looked at the suddenly shy boy next to you, waiting for an explanation. “I just agreed to come here half an hour ago!”

            He glanced up and sheepishly scratched the back of his head. “Yeah, er. High hopes?” He squeezed his eyes together and gave you the biggest, cheesiest grin ever. “Can’t blame a boy for having dreams, can you?”

            You groaned. “A bit overconfident there weren’t we?”

            Again came the classic smirk. “Busan Wonbin,” he reminded you. A deep chortle came from the other members and everyone came forward to greet you. They were all friendly and you were immediately taken by the maknae’s cuteness.

            “Noona, you want to secretly be in love with me right?” He asked, earning him a jab in the ribs from Daehyun. All the members had their own charm and you were eager to get to know them.

            Daehyun among them was different. He teased and laughed and abandoned the cool guy image. When it came time to practice their song, they had you sit in front and be a judge. You sat on the floor and watched.

            The dance was powerful and the rhythm, addicting. You were enthralled by his voice. When singing, his accent was highlighted and the husky tones were more evident. He had a powerful voice and a range so diverse you could never have guessed from just hearing him speak.

            He was completely absorbed in the music and the veins on his neck stood out slightly. There was one part where he had to sustain a high note and your mouth dropped open. He was practically oozing charisma from his every pore.

            When the song was over, he broke out of his pose and winked at you. “Did you like it, dear wife?” He sat down next to you.

            His choice of words snapped you out of your daze and you smacked his arm. “Excuse me!”

            No other member was listening so he moved in closer and looped your arms together. “Youngjae did call you sister-in-law and I like it. It has a nice ring to it. Meet my feisty wife. Sounds good.”

            “You’re embarrassing and way too egotistical.”

            He gave you his come hither gaze. “You know you appreciate the confidence.” He leaned in and whispered, his lips grazing your ear. “I heard self-esteem in a man is very attractive to pretty girls like you.”

            Zelo bounded over and tugged on your arm. “Hyung can’t monopolize! Noona, we have chicken. Come eat!” For a tall boy, he certainly has mastered the art of aegyo.

            Daehyun took a drumstick and proceeded to feed you. You blushed at the attention and the members teased you mercilessly. “You’re teaching our Busan Wonbin to be a gentleman,” Himchan laughed.

            As promised, you and the diva-like member got along very well. When practice ended later that night, Yongguk told Daehyun to take you home. “Keep our sister-in-law safe.” He winked and Daehyun took your hand in his. “Yes sir!”

            “So, did I ruin all chances of a second date?” You were walking along the river to get to the other side of the city.

            “Psh. Next time we’re bringing Zelo.”

            He stopped walking and gave you an incredulous look. “Oh really now. And why in the world are we going to do that?”

            “He’s the most adorable little kitty I have ever met.”

            Daehyun dropped your hand and tilted his head to the side. He made a V with his fingers and placed it by his right eye. “Bbuing, bbuing,” he said with his accent and you laughed.

            “Leave the cuteness to Zelo, please. You look so awkward.”

            He gave a pshaw. “It’s because you like it when I’m hot. I knew that signature look would have you in the palm of my hand. All it took was a little time.”

            You pushed him. “So ridiculous. You look so greasy I don’t think your fan girls would appreciate.”

            “Oh no. They like me like that. The greasier the better. Oil dripping down your fingers.” He snickered evilly and tickled your ribs.

            You bent over and yelped. You tried to clutch his arms. “No! Stop!”

            You heard your name. The two of you looked up and you saw your friend. She looked shocked and just a bit hurt. “Are you with Daehyun? But I thought you didn’t like him?” 

            He let go of you and you swallowed. You never said you didn’t like him. You just thought he would be the typical playboy, arrogant and self-centered.

            “Uh, no. He’s great really.” Your voice sounded feeble, weak.

            “You said he was the stereotypical obnoxious pighead. You said he might lack morals,” she rambled. “Wow, I never knew you to be so two-faced. Changed your mind pretty quickly didn’t you? Must be the charm right?” She sounded bitter and you were glad to see her go.

            An awkward silence ensued and you avoided his eyes. The temperature seemed to drop a few degrees. You thought of ways to explain to him.

            “An obnoxious pighead, huh? Never heard that one before. Lacking morals? I think my mom just had a heart attack.” His voice was different, all the previous playfulness was gone.

            “It’s not that. Look, I’m sorry. I just didn’t realize. I’ve had poor experiences with guys like you. Guys who oozed charm with every breath they took and so I judged. But you’re not like that. I’m sorry. You’re different. You’re-”

            “I’m what?” You couldn’t see his face.

            “You’re funny, sweet and kind. You’re also the best looking person I’ve met but you’re actually pretty humble and I like you.” Your ears burned at the confession.

            “You what?”

            “I like you. Hey!” you protested when he turned around and started laughing.

            “You’re so cute! You should hear yourself, trying so hard to apologize. How can anyone stay mad?” He once more held your hand.

            He laughed again before turning serious. “I knew I had a lot to prove. I admired that you didn’t fall at my feet like the other girls and you intrigued me. But really. I know you didn’t mean what you said. I just wanted to hear your confession.” The corner of his mouth danced with the beginnings of a smirk.

            You bit your lip. You still felt horrible. He seemed to sense this and his face fell. “Hey. What happened to the sass? Come on, I’m fine. Your confession was medicine enough.” Daehyun patted your face. “Aish, don’t hit me for this.” He said.

            You gave him a confused look and he placed his other hand on your shoulder. He tilted your chin up and kissed you. His lips were soft and he was whispering your name with his beautiful voice. When you broke apart, he gave you a shy smile.

            “Hey!” You both jumped. Yongguk and Himchan ran out from behind the benches. “I said to get her home, not to attack her in the middle of the streets!”

            Daehyun whispered, “See what I meant about my hyungs? They’re ruining my image.” You squeezed his hand the two of you ran down the street to ignore their comments behind.