Daehyun 27

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Daehyun snuck a peek at the girl next to Youngjae. She was half a head shorter but her eyes were gleaming with intelligence. Like always, the two were bickering. They were always at it; two brains with equal wit and sarcasm. He chuckled. He liked watching her.

            Her eyes snapped with fire as Youngjae rolled his eyes. “Ya, you can just admit you’re wrong, you know. Nobody would laugh. It’s already such a common thing.”

            Daehyun’s best friend stopped what he was doing and gave his little sister a level glare. “Aren’t you rude to your oppa. I already told you, I did the best I could; it’s not my fault that the guys you date are such idiots. I didn’t tell him to cheat on you.”

            “You can at least show some sympathy! Besides, if you hadn’t tried to set him up with that other girl, this would never have happened.”        

            “Isn’t it clear that if he’s going to cheat once, he would have done it again, with someone else I didn’t introduce to him?”

            She fell silent and Daehyun decided to cut in. “Whoa, you should have told me.” He told her. She shrugged and turned away.

            “If my own big brother won’t help, then what’s the point of asking another person? He’s the one who should take responsibility.”

            Daehyun shot his friend an exasperated look and Youngjae threw up his arms. “How about this, the next time a guy tries to court you; he has to go through me okay? Is that responsibility enough?”

            She nods, this time quite satisfied. Daehyun’s heart plummeted just a bit. Way to make his life harder. And thus began Jung Daehyun’s journey to land his best friend’s little sister.

            He had an advantage. He knew all of Youngjae’s favorite foods. One day when he wanted to take her out for the movies, he decided to “invite” Youngjae.

            “Yo, I’m going to take her out to the dinner. Want to come? Or do you want to eat? I bought some lobsters and those cream ravioli things you really like.”

            Youngjae didn’t look up from his video game. “You two can go along and watch whatever boring movie. I got a meal to devour. Thanks man!”

            Daehyun laughed to himself and took her by the hand. “Come on, let’s go. Your big brother is thinking with his stomach right now. Let’s not give him a chance to crash our party once he’s thinking straight.” She smiled back at him, knowing what he was trying to do.

            She’s always liked Daehyun best out of all of Youngjae’s friends. She wasn’t dense and knew that he was starting to develop feelings for her. It made her happy, considering how she’s always had a crush on the handsome boy. She stared at their hand and giggled. It was easy right now when they were pretending to hide around Youngjae.

            Daehyun would give Youngjae special treatment. The three of them had gone to the dance studio to help teach some of the kids from the local community center. When Youngjae collapsed on the floor in exhaustion, Daehyun was the first on the floor. He picked Youngjae up and started giving him a massage.

            “You feeling better?” His tone held a world of concern and she had to turn her face to avoid giggling out loud.

            Youngjae stared at the hands intimately touching his shoulders and nodded, moving out of the way. “I’ll live. Don’t worry about me.”

            Daehyun insisted, inching closer and placed an arm around his best friend’s shoulder. “You sure?”

            Youngjae’s face contorted slightly and he nodded rapidly. “Yeah, yeah. I got it.”

            Whatever Youngjae wanted, Daehyun was able to get for him. Youngjae was beginning to get suspicious. He had always thought Daehyun was… straight. So what was with this newfound attention? It was like he had a girlfriend. Youngjae was confused. He didn’t really feel that way about Daehyun.

            When Daehyun rang his doorbell and Youngjae opened the door, he stepped back in shock. Daehyun was on his knees, looking down at the ground, holding out a bouquet of flowers.

            “Daehyun? I’m not in love with you. I’m sorry, I’m interested in girls.” Daehyun’s head snapped back and his friend’s face contorted. “I’m sorry. Don’t take this, we can still be friends.”

            The latter grabbed Youngjae’s collar and shook it. “You idiot! The flowers weren’t for you.”

            “Not for me?”

            Daehyun rolled his eyes. “No, you stupid party pooper. Where’s your sister? She told me she would answer the door.”

            She had appeared behind Youngjae and sighed. “Ya, Daehyun I told you to come in ten minutes, not right now.”

            Youngjae looked at the two of them, bewildered. “Are you two? What? Am I missing something?”

            Daehyun whipped out a box of chocolates and pressed it into Youngjae’s hands. “Here, that’s for you.”

            dropped open. “Are you dating me or are you dating my brother?”

            Daehyun winked and got up, brushing his knees. He handed her the flowers. “I have a better present for you, honey. I was just trying to butter your brother up. Youngjae, enjoy the chocolates. Thank you for your sister. I’ll have her back at a decent time.” He tugged on her hand and they were in his car before Youngjae finally reacted.

            “Ya, you punk, Jung Daehyun! Get back!” 

 

requested by obsidiansapphire

you guys have been kinda quiet ^^ talk to me :3