Daehyun 19

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You got out a chair and stood up, pulling down the various ingredients you needed. You strained to reach the grated cheese and nearly fell off the chair when your boyfriend walked in. “What are you doing?” He sighed, probably thinking you were being stupid and was going to kill yourself. All of the conclusions were valid, as you were known for being a klutz.

            “Cooking for you, you idiot. I saw a recipe and decided to make it. You can be a little more helpful and lend me your height.”

            Daehyun smiled. “You’re cooking for me? I knew I asked you out for a reason!” You scowled at him and motioned impatiently for him to get on the chair. He wrapped his arms around your legs and lifted you down. “You’re in my way, dear.”

            You grumbled as he reached up and easily got down the ingredients you had asked for. “That was easy,” he grinned. You rolled your eyes. Just keep rubbing in the fact that you were short, go ahead.

            You filled the pot with water and the stove. Daehyun took out the spaghetti for you. “Hold on!” He shouted. “Don’t make anything without me okay? I want to be your assistant. Wait!” You stared at him, absolutely bewildered as he ran out of the kitchen.

            A few seconds later, Daehyun came zooming back in. He had a red apron in his hands and he stuck on a black face mask. He held up a hand as if to tell you to wait and struggled to put the apron on. “Okay! Assistant Jung, at your service!” He saluted you.

            You laughed. “You’re so silly, Daehyun. Okay, I’m going to make you spaghetti but there’s a special ingredient. You can’t see that one, but you can make the noodles. I’ll make the sauce and get the kimbap.”

            Your boyfriend cheered. “Yes! I love your kimbap! Woohoo!” You bit the insides of your cheek, silently admiring how adorable his gluttony was.

            Daehyun set to work. When the pot of water boiled, he carefully put in two handfuls of the spaghetti. He took a chopstick and pushed it down before sitting down next to you. You were mixing vinegar into the rice. He watched you and you pointed at the pot. “The noodles. Go.”

            You took the opportunity to slice the cooked meat and layer each of it with his favorite eel sauce. You had heard about his new promotion at work and wanted to celebrate it with him, knowing that he wouldn’t tell you until he was certain. Daehyun was humming to himself and you worked quickly.

            Meanwhile, Daehyun was nervous, cooking the spaghetti by himself. He carefully picked up a strand between his fingers and nibbled on it. He dropped it immediately, as it was too hot. He panicked. If you didn’t approve of the noodles, you may just ban him from the kitchen forever and he wanted to help.

            Daehyun recalled an old trick his mother always employed to test if the noodles were ready and slapped it against the wall. If it stuck, that meant it was done. Or did it mean the opposite? Aish, cooking was complicated. He snuck a look at you.

            You were happily rolling the rice into the seaweed. He admired the perfect round circles you created. How in the world were women so good at cooking? He stirred the noodles around a little more and decided to taste it. It was fine. “Noodles are ready!” he called.

            You looked up at him and smiled. “Kay, hold on one second. Do me a favor and dice the onions. I want to make sure the sauce is perfect. You like garlic right?”

            He gave you a toothy grin. “I’m not a vampire. The only thing I’m afraid of is my garlic breath can scare you away.”

            You ladled the noodles into a separate bowl and carefully tasted it. “Ya, Jung Daehyun! The noodles are not done. It’s still a bit sticky. You want things to be softer and more chewy.” He rolled his eyes and reached for one of the kimbap.

            You ran over and slapped his hand away. “No. The assistant doesn’t get to eat until everything is done.”

            He adjusted his mask and glared at you. “No comment.”

            You were busy mixing the sauce and looked over once or twice to catch Daehyun popping some of the left over beef into his mouth. He had pulled down the mask and was happily chewing away. You sighed. There was no controlling his insane appetite. You just had to make sure he stayed away from the finished products.

            You carefully placed in bite sized cheese filled meatballs. Daehyun had always wanted you to make them but you never had the time. The other night, you woke up when he was asleep to make them. He wasn’t paying attention and you carefully plopped the bite-sized morsels into the water.

            Daehyun’s hands were creeping once more towards the tray of kimbap and you snatched it away. “Do I have to tie your hands together? You’re here to help me, not to steal food.”

            He pouted. “The food eventually will go into my tummy anyway.”

            You stuck your tongue out. “You can wait.”

             When the food was done, you set the steaming plate in front of Daehyun. He picked up some of the sliced kimbap with his chopsticks and chewed happily. “This is so good. Do I taste eel sauce?” His eyes widened. “Bwoh? But that’s so expensive.”

            You smiled. “Eat the spaghetti.”

            He twirled the strands onto his fork and plunged in. “You’re a really good cook,” he mumbled around the food. When he swallowed, his eyes lit in on the special treats you had made. “Oh my gosh! I know I love you but this is too much. Ahh, my favorite!” You laughed out loud when he popped the cheese meatballs into his mouth and let out a satisfied moan. “What did I do to deserve this?”

            You tapped his promotion letter which had just come in through the mail. “This.” 

 

Daehyun request by minzen18

First snow day in the city ^^ Keke, spent it walking around the city with my boyfriend. So cold though OTL but so prettyyyy