Daehyun 7

B.A.P. Oneshots

            You sat on the couch and stretched. Life couldn’t get any better. You were finally home and all your homework was done. Your parents had visited, making sure that your new apartment was clean and that your boyfriend wasn’t a slob. You didn’t have to work and Daehyun was coming home early. Or he should be.

            You checked the clock over the mantle. It was nearly nine and he still wasn’t home. You got worried and called him. The phone kept ringing. “Hey Baby! You’ve reached Daehyun, please leave a message. Kisses~”

            You scowled. Of course he wouldn’t be picking up. You raged inside and went back to the couch. He better have a good reason for being late. Ten minutes passed until the doors opened and you saw your boyfriend walk in, holding a large box.

            “Took you long enough,” you griped.

            Daehyun smiled to himself, looking overly happy for someone who had made you worry. “Sorry. I went to buy some cake. You know, considering how it’s our two year anniversary and all. I just figured you would appreciate it.”

            You stared at him. “Sweetheart, our two year anniversary was last week. Remember? Your mom gave us cheesecake and you got really excited and I was just sad because I really dislike cheesecake?”

            He stared at you. “You don’t like cheesecake?” There was a hint of humor in his voice. “Okay, then. I think this isn’t cheesecake. Come eat anyway!”

            You stuck out your tongue. “Fattie. You just wanted a chance to eat.”

            He hugged you and raised his eyebrows. “You love me.”

            You rolled your eyes. “Doesn’t mean you’re not a fattie.”

            He grinned. “Okay, you love me. Yay!” Daehyun ran into the kitchen and went to grab knives and forks and plates. You watched him with an amused grin on your face. Nothing stood before him and food. If only Daehyun would just gain a bit then you would feel so much better. But his metabolism could put anyone’s to shame.

            You watched him reveal the cake and you nodded. It was pretty. It looked like a really interesting flavor. It was a bit cheesecake colored, but he would never do that to you. “What flavor is it?”

            He shrugged. “Maybe banana or something. A mix of vanilla and rice pudding? I asked for her most exotic one.” He cut off a large piece and presented it to you with a large smile. “Here, jagi, eat!”

            He watched you as you cut into it with a fork. You popped the piece into your mouth and chewed slowly. He watched you with a cocked head and you frowned. “It tastes a bit weird. I feel like I’ve had it before.”

            He took a bite. “Mm, this is delicious.” He continued to eat as you pondered over what the cake could possibly taste like. “Eat some more!” He cut off a piece for you and fed it to you and this time, you ran your tongue over the creamy cake and your brain tingled as you tried to pinpoint where you had had this.

            He kept watching you. His eyes were alert and you admired the small swellings of his eyes. He really was too gorgeous. “Focus on your cake,” he commanded. You took another bite and your taste buds tingled. You definitely had eaten this before. But for the life of you, you couldn’t remember what it was.

            Suddenly, the creaminess and the slightly sweetness of the cake churned in your stomach and you held your hand over your mouth. You ran to the restroom and waited, trying to keep it down. “Daehyun! Jung Daehyun!” you screamed, absolutely furious.

            He was watching you anxiously. “You okay?”

            “No!” you started to cry out of anger. “You jerk! You idiot! I hate cheesecake! I’m lactose intolerant, you pabo! Why did you even want to trick me like this?” You gritted your teeth and shoved him out of the room before trying to turn your attention back to keeping the food down.

            Tears streamed down your face. How could you not realize? Yes, you haven’t had cheesecake for a good seven years but the smell should have alerted you. When your stomach calmed down, you walked out and Daehyun was outside. He put out a hand but you shook it off.

            “Leave me alone.” You slammed your room door shut and locked it.

            You spent the rest of the night, trying not to get too mad, trying to calm yourself but you were just too furious. He of all people should understand never to pull such a prank on you. But he had and it was inexcusable. He has heard your rant on cheese and all dairy products multiple times. Did the “cheese” part of cheesecake not alert him that it would be on your list of hated foods?

            When you woke up the next morning, you found a hobo curled in front of your bedroom door. Daehyun had curled himself against the wall, without blankets and was snoring. He had a tray of your favorite breakfast next to him and a large bouquet of roses. Your heart melted. Just a bit.

            He woke up and tried to smile at you, smacking his lips to get rid of the dryness. “Hey, babe. I’m sorry. About last night, I temporarily forgot. I really did. I just thought it would be funny.”

            “Funny? You’re cruel.” You walked away, kicking the flowers away.

            The rest of the day, you found random messages around the house as you tried to do your essays. When you came back from school, you found a snack already ready at the table and knew he must have ran home during his own lunch period and prepared this. When you went upstairs, you saw another box of cake, with a large panda bear, with apologies written all around it in icing.

            By the time Daehyun came home, you were no longer mad. Instead, you were crying as you saw that he had set up a mini gallery of all the pictures the two of you had taken. “I’m really sorry,” he hugged you.

            You hugged him back. “You idiot. If you’re always going to be this good to me, I’ll eat all the cheesecake you want me to.” 

 

plot requested by uchiayume

JENNY I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKE THIS. I LOVE YOU ♥