Daehyun 16

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “Honey, are you ready for the birthday party?” Daehyun stuck his head through the bedroom door. You jumped up and nearly stabbed your eye with the mascara wand.

            “Don’t do that to me! Is Jaylie ready?”

            He chuckled. “She’s been tugging at the door handles ever since the clock struck five. Did you know Jongup’s bringing his baby too?”

            “Oh, that’s great. The kids can entertain each other. And you boys can act stupid together.”

            Daehyun pouted and flipped his hair out of his eyes. “We don’t act stupid!”

            “Daddy!” your daughter came running in and flung herself at his legs. “Hurry, I wanna goooo.” She whined. Your three year old pouted and blinked her eyes. She had Daehyun’s eyes. You groaned out loud. How did you get stuck with two of the most persuasive people out there?

            “Mommy’s almost done. Tell daddy to leave while I change.”

            Daehyun winked at you and you pushed him out the door. When you came downstairs a while later, you saw that he was bundling Jaylie into the backseat. “I’m so glad Youngjae doesn’t have a birthday every day. It’s tiring having to get her in the car when she’s so hyped up.”

            Jaylie tapped his hand, demanding his attention. “Daddy, can we go now? Youngsuk told me to be there early.”

            Daehyun raised an eyebrow and got into the driver’s seat. You could tell from the way his jaw was clenched that your husband was not happy, not happy at all. You giggled to yourself, knowing full well that he was being a silly, overprotective father.

            When you got there, Youngjae was by the door waiting. He ran out to hug Daehyun and the two started hugging and slapping each other’s backs as if they haven’t seen each other in a long time. “Jae! You’re turning older every day!”

You picked Jaylie up and rolled your eyes at Youngjae’s wife. “I don’t know why we got married to them. They’re practically married to one another.” You laughed and carried your daughter into the living room where three other boys were gathered.

            All your friends were there and you put Jaylie down on the mat. You beelined over to where Jongup was holding his one year old son. “Aigoo, Jonghae’s so big now,” you cooed.

            The new father smiled. “Yeah, Noona. He’s been squirming around, wanting to play with the others since he arrived.” You took the baby from him and let him join the circle of other friends. Yongwon and Himjong were older and their five year old mentality was that they were the hyungs of the group.

            “Yongwon-hyung, where’s Youngsukkie?”

            You were horrified to hear your daughter address a boy as “hyung.” “Jaylie! It’s Yongwon Oppa.” But in the middle of your lecture, Youngsuk came out from the kitchen and slammed himself into Jaylie.

            Your daughter squealed and launched herself on top of the boy and they started wrestling, with Yongwon and Himjong joining in. You stood up and decided to leave the kids alone. “Be careful of Jonghae!”

            Daehyun was still arm in arm with Youngjae and the two were roaring with laughter at whatever they were talking about. But when Daehyun walked into the living room, the smile was wiped away. “What in the world?”

            Jaylie was now sitting on Yongwon’s back and making him give her a horseback ride. “Keep moving, horsey!” Himjong was snorting with laughter and holding her hand so she wouldn’t slip. Behind her, Youngsuk was hitting Yongwon’s .

            You pulled Daehyun away and rubbed his arm. “Relax, they’re just having fun.”

            Youngjae had gone into the dining room to help with dinner and you could hear the other adults laughing. You pulled your husband into the hallway. “It’s your best friend’s birthday. Smile a bit.”

            He scowled, his hair was covering one eye and he looked as displeased as he possibly could. “I feel like a terrible father leaving Jaylie at the hands of those boys. What if Himjong and Yongwon get carried away and hurt her?”

            You glanced into the room and saw that Youngsuk was now patting Jaylie’s cheek. She was sniffling and Jonghae was sleeping with his head in her lap. Yongwon and HImjong were both trying to make her smile. “She’s in good hands. Her oppas can take care of her.”

            When dinner was brought out, you called for them. “Kids, come eat!” There was a yell as the two elder boys came running. Jongup went out to pick up his son and when he came back, he was smiling with amusement.

            “Where’s Youngsuk?” Youngjae inquired about his son.

            “They’ll be in.”

            Pitter patter of feet sounded across the wooden floors. Youngsuk and Jaylie ran in hand in hand. “Mommy, look at what Oppa gave me!” Jaylie ran to you and showed you a bright green leaf. “I was crying because I fell and then Yongwon-oppa decided to give me presents. Look! But Youngsuk didn’t have one, so he climbed up the couch and plucked it off that flower! Look, Daddy!” she turned to Daehyun.

            You didn’t have to look to know that his expression has soured ever since she had ran holding Youngsuk’s hand. But Jaylie’s attention was always being diverted and she hugged Youngsuk and kissed him on the cheek.

            “Jaylie, go sit now,” Daehyun ordered.

            Youngjae came around and pretended to give him a shoulder massage. “Relax. Maybe we can be in-laws one day.”

            This caused him to snarl, “My baby’s too precious for any of your children.”

            Yongguk laughed out loud. “Daehyunnie, you’re being ridiculous. Let the kids be and let’s eat!”

            The conversation was filled with laughter and soon Daehyun got into it, reminiscing the past with Youngjae. “Remember that night when you came back drunk after that party and decided to curl up with me in my blanket? Those were good times. I remember waking up with your arm around my waist and wondering if you had turned gay for me,” Daehyun cackled.

            Youngjae’s wife placed her head on your shoulder. “I’m telling you, these two were so meant for one another.”

            There was a sudden clatter. “Uncle Zelo! Daddy!” Jaylie squealed.  You all turned to look. Himjong was tickling her and the other boys were goading him on. Himchan stood up.

            “Kim Himjong, what did I tell you about not tickling other people?”

            Youngsuk had gotten up too and he was frowning. “Hey, no touching Jaylie.”

            This statement, uttered so innocently, caused all the females to swoon. “Your son’s so adorable,” you told Youngjae.

            You squeezed Daehyun’s hand, scared that he would blow up. Youngsuk was now picking Jaylie up and asking if she were okay. Your daughter nodded and soon, the kids were chattering away again.

            When the party was over, and DaeJae’s goodbye ritual was finished, you prepared to leave. “Jaylie! It’s time to go home.”

            “Okay! I want to hug Youngsuk one more time though. I won’t see him until tomorrow.” You giggled when you saw Youngsuk blush and place his tiny arms around your daughter’s energetic self.

            Daehyun muttered, “Tomorrow is too soon.”

            When the two finally disentangled, Jaylie waved and jumped into her father’s arms. “Daddy, Yongwon-oppa told me that Youngsuk likes me. Doesn’t everyone like me?”

            Daehyun’s response was curt. “Yeah, you’re a darling princess. Who wouldn’t like you?”

            You waited for Daehyun to walk back after tucking Jaylie in. He huffed and bounced onto the bed. “I’m going to ban those boys from Jaylie. Especially that Youngsuk. Youngjae needs to learn to control his son. And I don’t like the looks of that Himjong either. Greaseball, just like his father.”

            You smacked his arm. “You’re such an overprotective bear. Get over it. Jaylie’s still young. Besides if she could marry anyone, I would want her to end up with Youngusk.”

            He nearly choked. “Marriage? You’re thinking way too far ahead.”

            You laughed and snuggled into him. “Breathe, there’s a long way yet.”

            Daehyun muttered darkly, “I can see how things will turn out all right. She’s going to grow up and like that guy and I’ll have to be related to Youngjae. Argh.”

            “The two of you are practically married! What are you complaining about?”

            He hmphed and blew the hair out of his eyes. “Jaylie’s too good for him.”

            You rolled your eyes and turned off the lights. Sometime into the darkness, you whispered, “So, Mr. Clairvoyant-I-See-Everything, do you think Jaylie will have a brother or a sister?”

            There was a silence as you waited for the news to register. Then there was a loud yelp and Daehyun hugged you. “Really? Really?”

            You laughed. “Silly, DaeDae. If it’s a girl, she’ll just be another one to worry about. You know Jonghae would be around her age.”

            “But if it’s a boy, then I can use him to protect his sister,” he replied stubbornly.

 

plot requested by shadowkistune13

GAH DADDY DAE

ADKGADH