Youngjae 22

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You went into the program, not willing to meet new people. It was always so awkward going to new internships and this one would be no different. You hated how your dad always sent you off to these weird places in hopes of letting you meet new people and gain new experiences. You went for the opportunity, but generally ignored the people.

            You checked your phone to see if you were at the right address. This place was so mysterious. It was a center for children who came from homes of domestic violence. They preferred to stay anonymous and were located in the basement of a church. You pushed open the door and flashed your pass, letting them know where you were headed.

            You saw the stairs marked for the basement and walked down, praying you wouldn’t slip. The stairs were a little wet and you held onto the banister, praying for your life. This was not the best way to start off a new internship.

            You reached the end of the stairs and saw a long hallway with classrooms. The doors were mostly half open and you could hear children’s giggling emanating from the rooms. This made you smile. Of all the volunteer work you’ve done, this had to be the best. You loved children. But you weren’t so sure your coworkers would.

            You saw a large sign welcoming the volunteers and sighed. Time to meet the new people. If only you could skip orientation and go straight for the kids. A tiny black head popped out and large brown eyes stared unblinking at you. “Jinae, come back in!” you heard a woman call out and the tiny figure dashed back in. Your heart warmed. She had a tiny bruise on her cheek and that made your cause so much more worth it.

            You forced yourself to stop being a xenophobe and walked forward, pushing the door open. The office was small and already there were other teenagers sitting in a circle, chatting quietly to one another. They were particularly gathered around one person.

            You slipped into the empty seat by the door. This way you didn’t have to interact with the others and you could leave as soon as the presentation was done. The people were talking and you closed your eyes, focusing instead on your plugged in iPod. There was a tap on your shoulder and you looked up.

            A kind woman smiled at you. “Is this ___?” she asked. You nodded and she nodded. “Oh, go sit with the other volunteers please and introduce yourself. I need this chair for another guest speaker. I’m sorry, but go meet your coworkers!”

            She thought she was doing you a favor. You didn’t scowl in front of her but instead took off one ear bud and stared at the sea of blank faces. Okay, maybe there were only four other people and you were exaggerating.

            Immediately, the introductions began. They were smiling at you and asked you questions about yourself. A mysterious blob sat up and you realized that this boy was the one they were all gathered around earlier. The boy nodded at you and held out a hand. “Hi, I’m Yoo Youngjae.”

            He was a good looking guy and you stared at him, wondering if he was trying to be funny or if he was slightly eccentric. He wore a black shirt and smiled invitingly at you. His shirt had a funny design on it and you brightened, recognizing the slightly underground label. Maybe he wasn’t so bad. His hair was half shaved and the left side fringed on his face.

            But the interesting thing about him was the headband on his head. It had cat ears on them and you raised your eyebrows slightly. All that judgment took place within the few seconds it took for you to find your voice. “Oh, hi,” and you gave him your name.

            “Pretty name,” he grinned. “Welcome to our organization. How did you hear about us?”

            You shrugged. “My dad knows someone who worked here and so he hooked me up to the internship. Do you all know each other?” You liked finding out early whether you belonged to the group or not.

            Youngjae shook his head. “Jongup and I are the only volunteers who were here last year. Otherwise, you’re all newbies in the same boat. We were just splitting into teams. There are four of you new people so we were splitting into groups of three. Jongup will lead one group and I the other. Want to join my group?” His offer was tempting.

            You ignored the stares of the others and nodded. “Uh, sure, that sounds good to me.”

            Youngjae grinned and stood up. Okay, he was way taller than you expected him to be. “Great, come with me!” You and two younger twin brothers followed Youngjae out the door. “We’re going to go meet the younger kids. Any of you have germs?”

            You found yourself at ease with Youngjae and pretended to check your palms. “I think I see a green one running down my fingers.” The twins were sullen and kept to the back. It was clear they wouldn’t talk, so you and Youngjae kept the conversation running.

            Youngjae grabbed your hand and ran a hand down the length of your palm. “But my bacteria senses feel nothing. You’re good to go,” he winked at you.

            You pointed at his headband. “Why are you wearing cat ears?”

            He grinned. “You’ll see.” Almost on cue, the doors opened and the little girl from before zoomed out. She charged at Youngjae and slammed herself into his legs.

            “Jae Oppa!” she squealed. The other kids swarmed him and one boy latched onto the twins. Youngjae squatted to pick Jinhae up and she took off his headband. “Yay! You brought it for me! Meow!” she giggled, clawing at the air.

            You couldn’t help but admire how good he was with the kids and admired him for throwing away his self dignity for their sake. The four of you herded the kids back to their classroom and Youngjae flashed a smile at you from across the room. You blushed and glanced down at the little girl who was now trying to get your attention. Maybe this summer wouldn’t be so bad after all. 

Youngjae request ^^

GAH HE'S SO ADORABLE

I have never seen this picture. Ever. @___@

Okay. Feels. 

Thank you, Jewell-unni, for your tip ^^ I hate medication but I need to get better. ♥

Once again, what's the name,

 of the Game?

VOTE B.A.P

다 일어서