Special - Zelo and Daehyun

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            To say that I am nervous is an understatement. I could hardly think straight as I led my boyfriend up the stairs. Junhong stood calmly next to me and smiled. “It’s just your dad, how bad can it be?”

            I gave him a look of utter horror. “My dad is Jung Daehyun. In case you haven’t heard, he can be really scary when it comes to me. It’s downright embarrassing sometimes. I had to go through my mom to bring you, you know.”

            He grinned. “I’m sure I can charm your dad. I’ll prove myself somehow.” I looked at him with slight disbelief. I must have been crazy when I decided to bring him. But it was too late. Junhong had already knocked on the door. I crossed my fingers. Please let it be my mom who opens the door.

            No such luck. Not even on my birthday. My dad opened the door with a prepared scowl on his face. Junhong towered over him and I could tell he was not pleased. He looked at him up and down and pursed his lips.

            “Mr. Jung,” Junhong greeted him. “It’s a pleasure to meet you. My name is Choi Junhong.” He bowed ninety degrees. Still my father did not react. I coughed slightly and he turned his stern gaze to me.

            “Why did I have to hear from your mother that you were bringing your friend on a trip that was supposed to be just the family?”

            There was another sigh and my mom appeared in the door. She grinned when she saw Junhong and reached out a hand to pull him in. “Daehyun, don’t be rude,” she scolded. “Junhongie, you’re so adorable. Aigoo, you’re so tall. I have to crane my neck to see you. I don’t know how my daughter doesn’t have neck cricks yet.” She joked and Junhong greeted her as well.

            He smiled at her and my dad crossed his arms, still not speaking. I tugged on his arm. “Daddy, you’re still taking me to the water park right? No regrets?”

            He tossed Junhong a dirty look. “I never gave him permission to tag along.”

            My mom threw him a sharp glare and pulled Junhong into the kitchen. “Here are some cookies and lemonade before you leave. Don’t mind my husband. He’s just being a grumpy old man.”

            “I heard that!”

            My dad followed me upstairs. “I want to see what you’ll be wearing to the water park. Wear shorts and a shirt you’re not afraid of getting wet. Make sure the shirt isn’t white,” he ordered.

            I rolled my eyes and pulled a blue v-neck over my head. I stared at myself in the mirror and worried that he would complain the neckline too short so changed into another shirt. Sheesh, my father always complicated things so much.

            I came downstairs and saw my dad talking to Junhong in the garage. I kept quiet and my mom joined me. The two of us exchanged glances and she giggled. “Your daddy is just being an overprotective dad, you know how he can get. It’s because he loves you.”

            “Okay, Junhong, you look like a smart boy. I’m only allowing you to join us because it’s my daughter’s birthday and I wouldn’t want to get her upset. Now, we’re going to a water park. I’m going to be keeping a very close eye on you. If you touch her inappropriately, I will see. If you let other guys approach her without protecting her, I will see it as well. If you, in any way, hurt her, I will personally you home. Do we have an agreement?”  

            Junhong nodded solemnly. “Yes, sir. I promise to prove to you that I am deserving of your daughter.”

            My dad grinned for the first time and he clapped Junhong on the back. I could hear the heavy thuds from here and for a second my boyfriend faltered. I heard my mom sigh. “Look at your appa making a fool of himself. Trying to hurt the little kid, showing off his strength. Come on, baby girl, let’s go rescue your poor boyfriend from your dad’s clutches.”

            The moment I got to him, I rubbed Junhong’s back soothingly. “Sorry. My dad has a bit of an alpha male complex.”

            He grinned gamely. “I really like your dad. If we had kids, I would be just as protective too.”

            But he said this a little too loud and my dad cleared his throat. “I’ll pretend I temporarily went deaf.”

            The day went well. Junhong and my dad got into mini spats but I could tell my daddy was really warming up to Junhong. At the end of the day, he even said that the next time we went on a date, he would be glad to us. But I knew this was just his way of spying on us. I walked Junhong out the door and he kissed me before presenting me with a velvet box.

            “Happy birthday. It’s a promise ring. I didn’t want to give it to you in front of your dad. He likes me, but not this much. I didn’t want to jeopardize anything. I love you. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He slid the ring onto my finger and kissed me again before walking off.

            I ducked into the house and heard my mom shout, “Daehyun you’re going to pretend you didn’t see that ring, okay? You should be ashamed of yourself, spying on your daughter!”

            And when I saw my dad, he just nodded and held out his arms to give me a hug. “My squishy’s growing up,” he said in a teary voice. “Happy birthday, honey. And tell Junhong that he has to ask me first before he can give you promise anythings,” he added.

            “Dae!” came my mom’s exasperated voice from the kitchen. I kissed my dad’s cheek and grinned. I love my daddy.\

 

Happy birthday to my baby girl, youreagoodgirl ♥ Daddy Dae says hi ^^ 

To my other readers, it's her birthday and she sent in a birthday request.

If you find this slightly distasteful, I'm sorry. But I hope you'll still respect that today is her birthday and to just enjoy it for its fluffiness ^^