Jongup 33

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Jongup smiled sheepishly at his wife. He had gone out that day and bought all the possible supplies they would need. However, he had overestimated the amount of diapers and had ordered two crates, by the bulk.

            She was trying not to cry out of laughter. She doubled over and held her protruding stomach. Jongup at first looked offended, but watching her laugh was worth it, making her laugh was worth it. He started to grin too. She howled again and clung onto his arms. “Jongup,” she managed to gasp between breaths. “Why?”

            “Hey, we’ll get to use them all anyway.”

            She nodded. “You have a point but didn’t anyone look at you funny.”

            He stared at the floor and rubbed the nape of his neck. “She may have made a comment, asking if I ran a grocery store and had to restock but I ignored her. It’s not like she really knows what she’s talking about anyway.” He huffed. “The only problem was lugging it home. It was hard because the whole thing wouldn’t fit in the car.”

            She did some exaggerated Lamaze breathing, a technique she learned from the clinic. “You are really the light of my life, Jongup.” He grinned happily and helped her into the room before walking out to lug the supplies inside.

            By the time he got upstairs, she had already showered and was falling asleep. He brushed away her hair. “Hey, did you like the names I picked?”

            “Jonghae? Mmm, I like it. But why can’t we also think of a girl’s name?” she complained.

            He kissed her forehead. “Because we already know for sure it’s a girl. So we might as well wait for the next kid to start thinking of names then.”

            She pouted. “The doctor could be wrong.”

            At this he raised an eyebrow. “I highly doubt I imagined that piece of anatomy.”

            She sighed, defeated. “Tomorrow we’re going to finish setting up the crib, okay? It’ll be so much fun!” But her voice was getting lower and he could tell she was getting sleepy. He gave her a good night kiss and went in to take a shower.

            “No! But a baby’s supposed to have an ear!” Jongup shouted. He was staring at his baby. The baby was perfect except she, it was a she, was missing ears. He started panicking and was turning around and around in circles. There wasn’t a single doctor in sight.

            He felt something swish against his hands and panicked. He turned the baby around and saw a long tail. “My baby has a tail?” he was screaming. “I can’t name her Jonghae. Help, help!” But nobody came to his assistance. Jongup sank to his knees and started crying.

            There was a tap on his shoulder and he jerked. “Our baby,” he gasped as he shot up from the bed.

            His wife was staring at him with an amused expression. “Nightmare, hon.”

            He looked dumbstruck for a moment, his hands still cupping the imaginary baby. He looked at her and she smiled gently back. Her hands were slowly massaging his tense muscles. Jongup slowly sank back into bed. “Right. Just a dream,” he nodded.

            Jongup winced. Her grip on his hand was killing off all circulation. It also pained him to know that she was going through such torture. He used his free hand to wipe away the sweat that was coursing down her forehead. “Shh, please, hon. You’ll be fine.”

            “Fine?” she shrieked. “Are you insane? Help!” She clamped her fingers down on his and dug her dull nails into his palm. Jongup was almost regretful they were going to have this baby. She strained and he could see how bloodshot her eyes were. A nurse handed him a wet towel and he dabbed at the sweat.

            She bit on her lip and he gave her a piece of wood. “Here, take this instead.” She threw her head back and screamed again. The midwife was encouraging, trying to massage her stomach and let the baby out.

            “Just a little longer, Mrs. Moon. It’s not going to take long. He’s crowning. Just you wait.”

            “I can’t wait,” she gasped.

            Jongup stealthily extracted his hand from hers and instead massaged her hand, trying to get circulation back. There was another blood curling cry and her fingers fumbled for him. Jongup whispered, “I love you,” as she heaved again.

            There was another, this time, feeble cry. She was still trying to catch her breath but the doctor stood up. He wrapped the baby and offered him to Jongup to cut the umbilical cord. After the cutting, the baby was taken away.

            His wife smiled at him. “I didn’t do so badly, did I?”

            Jongup wiped the hair away from her face. “You were fantastic. I don’t know what else to say. I’m sorry I had to put you through so much pain though.”

            She patted his cheek. “Psh, don’t be silly, hon. He’s our son you know.”

            The nurse came back in and handed the baby to Jongup. “Congratulations on little Jonghae.”

            The first thing Jongup did was reveal the baby’s head. He breathed a deep sigh of relief. “He has ears.”

            His wife gave him a weird look. “Yes. Last I checked he was human. He would have ears.”

            Jongup unwrapped the blanket and saw nothing coming from the baby’s squishy backside. “No tail either!” he announced happily.

            She burst into laughter and the nurse gave him an indulgent, amused look. “My husband can be quite adorable,” she defended him and reached out for the baby. “Let me hold Jonghae.”

            Jongup gave him one last knowing look and gave his son another sheepish look. “He’s perfect.”

 

reqeusted by keepersblood

potential double update, so pleae anticipate ^^

I'm planning a new story and I need an idol who can be both manly/flirty and also pull off being a nerd at the same time. Was thinking Kris or Luhan or Kai. He gets ditched by the altar by the way :P And Daehyun is the other guy...