Zelo 3

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            The sound of animals and people talking surrounded the two of you as you and Zelo walked into the zoo. He held your hand tightly and proceeded to show you around. “This is my favorite place in the world. Except for the skate park, that is. But this is where I go to feel happier.” He was enthusiastic and tugged you along.

            You were still a bit nervous. You were new to the neighborhood but Zelo was really inviting and welcoming. Rumor had it in school that he was very popular and also one of the most coveted boys. But he also happened to live next door and from what you could tell, he was just a regular, friendly teenager.

            It had surprised you to know that he was actually one year older than you and normally this would make you shy to be around him. But the moment your mothers introduced the two of you, he had been nothing but warm and attentive.

            “Oh look at that! I see a lion. Are you scared of lions?” He asked you, his eyes smiling happily and his lips trying hard not to break into a wide grin.

            You shook your head. “Just don’t show me a snake. I hate snakes.”

            He laughed. “Okay, guess our next stop is the reptile room then!” He loved to tease you and you wrinkled your nose.

            “Oppa’s so mean.”

            He slung an arm around you casually and steered you away from a bunch of guys who were looking you over. “Your oppa’s here to protect you regardless,” he said loudly and you laughed inwardly. He had made a promise to your mother to make sure nothing happened to you and he happened to be taking his job very seriously. The guys gave him disappointed looks and he bent down to pretend to kiss your cheek.

            When they left, you pushed him away. “Gosh, you didn’t have to go that far!”

            He saluted you. “My duties to your mother must be fulfilled and if she wants her little daughter back in one piece, I will deliver you back safely. Besides, I didn’t like them. They’re the shady people you must avoid in school okay?” He tugged on your cheeks.

            “Stop treating me like I’m your little sister.”

            He raised an eyebrow. “I treat you like my girlfriend and you object. Now I take it to a more platonic level, you also seem to have an issue. My darling, you cannot have me both ways.” He looked more serious this time and now you could see what the rumor was about.

            Despite being tall and lanky, and a cute face, he also had an element of seriousness to him. At any moment, he could turn into someone who had an opinion and who had a backbone and that transformation was pretty attractive for a teenage boy to have. You also sort of liked the way he tossed out endearments as if they were of everyday use.

            You would be lying if you said you were very experienced with boys, but you had your share of boyfriends and none of them were as mature as Zelo was. Yes, your neighbor could act like a child at times, but he also had a certain charm that made him appeal to older girls as well.

            You stuck out your tongue, deciding to ignore the comment and treat it as a joke. “Whatever. Okay, my big brother, can we go see the seals?”

            He pulled a painful face. He hated the aquarium. The entire time since you started on the trip, you’ve been whining to see the marine animals.

            “How about we strike a deal. We don’t see reptiles and we don’t see marine animals? They’re so boring.”

            Your mouth dropped open in shock. “No. I will gladly stomach lizards if we see seals. Please?” You pouted and widened your eyes and pulled up your eyebrows together.

            He stared at you for a second and sighed. “Fine, fine. And I guess just lizards. We can skip the snakes. I don’t need you to be crying on me when we leave.” You brightened and hugged him briefly and you heard him mutter, “This girl is dangerous.”

            The two of you forged on, determined to finish the land animals and get on the safari before anything else. The lions were amusing and you placed your face by the cage and pretended to roar. The lion moved a bit and Zelo pulled you out of the way.

            “I can’t guarantee you not being accidently attacked, you know. That looked like one hungry lion.” 

            You rolled your eyes. “He was in a cage, Oppa.” But Zelo just gave you a sour look and marched you on, hands on your shoulders.

            It took you a while before you realized his reaction and you turned to smirk at him. “You’re scared of lions aren’t you?”

            He flushed and narrowed his eyes. “No, stop talking nonsense. I just was concerned about your safety. Now do you want to see the seals or not?”

            You clapped your hands and burst from his grip, skipping along the way. You have been looking forward to this part the entire day. When you entered the aquarium, you bee lined straight for the theater and Zelo followed, a bit hesitantly.

            During the show, you cooed over the adorable seals and forced his hands together, making him clap them in a similar fashion. His floppy hair bounced around as you shook him, trying to get him to reach your level of enthusiasm. His face was deadpan and you laughed when the trainer chose him of all people to help them demonstrate.

            “Er, you can use this girl over here!” he pointed at you but his words were carried away by the wind and the lady gestured impatiently.

            You pushed him to the front. “Have fun!”    

            He was scowling as the seal was told to lean over and plant whiskery kisses on his face. But when Zelo was told to dance and have the seal imitate him, his face lit up and he started doing a weird imitation of the penguin walk. It was hilarious for you to see the seal get up on its hind legs and follow.

            By the time the show was over, he looked like he was enjoying himself. You . “How did it feel to be kissed by a man with a bristly mustache?”

            Zelo stuck out his tongue. “Revenge is sweet and it is mine!” But when you got there, he made sure you stayed out of the way of the snakes and only took you to see the lizards and iguanas. He took one to hold and you wanted to test your courage.     

            “Can I hold it?”

            He looked at you seriously. “Promise you won’t get scared and freak? I don’t want you getting hurt.” Your mouth fell open. He was so considerate. Then the evil look was back. “The iguana can bite and ninja its way down your shirt if provoked you know.”

            You huffed and he placed the iguana in your hands. The scaly skin touched you and you fought back a giggle. The tail whipped back and forth, brushing and tickling your wrists. He took it back from you and placed it on his head. “Rawr.”

            At the end of the day, Zelo took you to an ice cream stand and he ordered you a double scoop peanut butter flavored cone. You beamed. He still remembered your favorite flavor. As you were walking towards the water ride, he asked, “What do you want as a pet?”

            “A duck.”

            He looked at you incredulously. “What are you a farmer? Why would you want a duck?”

            “Because they’re cute when they waddle.”

            “Penguins waddle.”

            “I can’t take care of a penguin. It would die on me.”

            “Would you date a guy who got you a duck?”

            You gave him a weird look. “Yes, maybe. Because getting a live duck is impossible. It would mean that he spent a lot of time and energy on me.”

            Zelo sighed. “Girls make lives so complicated for guys. Getting you a live duck as opposed to doing something romantic shows a lot of effort? What do you want him to do next, climb to the moon for you?”

            You giggled. “Let me add that to the list.”

            Up ahead, you saw a pond and Zelo his ice cream in your hand. “Hold please.” You stared after him as he ran down the winding road and raised an eyebrow. What in the world?

            You walked after him and saw that he was chasing down certain animals. Your eyes widened as you saw that he was running after a group of ducks. What was he doing? They are the property of the zoo!

            “Ya, Choi Junhong!” His nickname was too light for this situation. “Get back here! Don’t pick up the ducks! Nooooo!” Your demands were wasted on him. He scooped up a particularly docile duck that was now flapping its wings feebly. Ignoring the stares of everyone else, he ran back to you, with wings flying in his face.

            He panted and nearly dropped the duck. “Hey, will you go out with me now? I got the duck for you.”

            There was a loud squawk and he stumbled back. The duck flew into the air and landed a few yards later, ruffling its feathers in indignation and tossing Zelo dirty looks. You looked at him as he watched the duck in dismay.

            “I tried so hard for that thing,” he moaned.

            You handed him his ice cream. “Oppa, if you wanted a date, all you had to ask. You mean more to me than ducks do you know.” You then eyed his cone. “But if you want to offer me something, your ice cream will do.” 

 

Fluffy oppa Zelo request