Daehyun 49

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Today was your down day. Who cared about dressing up and looking fancy when you were not only on your period but feeling lousy? Your boyfriend already loves you so even if you came to school dressed like a bum, he wouldn’t say anything. You tied your hair in a ponytail and slid on one of his oversized sweaters and sweatpants. Perfect.

            You walked into the school and headed towards your locker. You didn’t see Daehyun anywhere. He normally waited for you. Maybe he was a little late today. That’s what happens when he spends the night playing games rather than finishing his homework. You shook your head and placed the unnecessary books into the locker before walking off to your first class.

            You were shocked to see Daehyun there already. He normally waited for you by your locker. So what made today so different? He nodded at you, nodded at you as if you were just a common acquaintance and turned to talk to Youngjae. You blew some wisps of hair out of your eyes and sat down in your seat. Fine. You weren’t in the mood for him anyway.

            The teacher walked in and class started. You took notes diligently, ignoring Daehyun even when he tried to talk to you. If he wanted to ignore you, he might as well do it all the way. You packed up quickly and walked out the door, cursing the fact that you had three more classes with him. Stupid Jung Daehyun.

            During your biology class, you were grateful for alphabetical seats. This meant he was sitting far far away. You avoided his gaze and continued to do your own work. When the bell rang, you walked out before he had even closed his notebook. It didn’t help that you were on your period; you were also a little feverish from spring allergies. The least Daehyun could do was to show you that he still cared about you.

            Lunch you shared with him but today, you stayed in the architecture room. You’d rather work on your final project than have to deal with him. You wiped away a few stupid tears that fell and forced yourself to be strong. Daehyun was busy. He didn’t have to wait by your locker, he didn’t have to greet you. You could give him some space.

            Ballroom was awkward. Normally, the two of you gravitated towards each other but this time, your teacher asked the class to sit. “There’s something special today.”

            A fellow classmate walked in and said, “I heard that you guys need some help asking each other to dance? I took ballroom last term so let me show you how to do it right.” He turned to his girlfriend who happened to be in the class. “Dance with me?”

            She stood up, flustered and he started to lead her into a slow song. When the song was over, someone walked in with a large bouquet of flowers and your classmate got on your knees. “Come to prom with me?”

            Everyone clapped and cheered. You felt a little twinge of envy. It was prom season and so far, this was the largest proposal you have seen. You knew that other boys were gaining their courage and a little thought nagged at you. Why hadn’t Daehyun asked you yet? You determinedly avoided his look even when the teacher asked the girls to ask a partner to dance.

            You pretended to walk in the opposite direction and asked a random boy. Daehyun’s lips thinned and he accepted another girl’s offer. When your partner waltzed you past him, you worked hard to stare at your partner’s chest and not at Daehyun.

            The next period was your last class together, thank goodness. After this, you had another class and then you were going to go straight home. Forget waiting for Daehyun. He can go to singing practice alone.

            You walked into literature and found him sitting in his usual spot next to you. The teacher had suggested that she wanted you to switch seats once in a while. You started to veer away but someone took the last available seat and you had no choice. You sat next to him but didn’t talk to him. You just realized you had forgotten extra pads and your mood was worse than ever. Not to mention the killer headache was threatening to explode your head.

            Daehyun passed you tiny notes but you slid them back without looking at them. You heard him sigh. When class ended, it was he who stood up first. He dropped a swift kiss on your forehead and all of a sudden, your heart warmed. “Don’t be too mad at me, baby,” he whispered and walked out, leaving you staring after him in confusion.

            You wanted to bang your head against the wall. Why is it that even after three years of dating, he could still ruin your life and play with your emotions like this? You wanted to choke him and kiss him at the same time. Argh. You shook your head and walked to economics. Maybe a period in that stuffy room would make you tired enough to stop thinking.

            The final bell finally ended. You jumped out of the seat, wincing a bit as you felt the blood gush down. Your hair was falling out of its ponytail and your fever was getting worse. You were definitely not feeling well. You made your way down the stairs and towards your locker. You turned the corner and suddenly heard music start up.

            “Have you seen that girl? She got me crash and burn.”

            Your mouth fell open. Daehyun had set up a mini stage in front of your locker, in the middle of the hallway and was singing the song he and his friends had written. He was singing and dancing and pointed at you as he sang. His face hurt to look at. Daehyun winked at you as the song ended.

            Youngjae threw him a large bouquet of flowers and he nearly staggered under the weight. Yongguk passed him a giant teddy bear that you had admired previously. Daehyun walked up to you and took a rose out with his teeth.

            He handed you the teddy bear and got on his knees. He shook his hair out of his eyes and you swooned slightly. Why couldn’t he be ugly? Your life would be so much easier. He bowed his head and held out the bouquet for you to take.

            Then he grinned at you with the rose still between his lips. He whipped it out and handed it over reverently. “Baby, I’m sorry I was such a jerk today. I had to get everything planned and if you were always next to me, I would have never gotten this done. Forgive me? Come to prom with me? You can dance with me and make me look bad with my lack of skills.”

            You wiped away at the tears that welled up. Stupid hormones. “Yes, you stupid fattie. Yes, I will make you look so bad because you’re making me cry.”

            Daehyun cooed and stood up, hugging you to him. “Don’t cry.”

            You hiccupped and wiped your nose. “Why couldn’t you have picked another day? You pick the one day that I’m dressed like a slob to make a public spectacle of me?”

            He kissed you and everyone watching whooped. “This lets them know that I love you, regardless of how put together or not you look. I think you look gorgeous. Think we should go home so you can rest? You look sick.”

            You hugged the giant teddy bear and handed him the flowers. “You can hold the flowers. I get to hold Snowflake. He’s a cutie.” You had already named the adorable bear.

            He laughed and took your hand. “As long as between now and prom, you don’t fall in love with Snowflake more than you love me, I’ll be good.”  

 

this is for bowties :3

I changed your request for this and I hope you don't mind.

AGH FEELS. EVERYWHERE

after this round of requests, I will have reached 300 chapters so I'll be marking this as complete and then I'm opening a B.A.P requests II so just a head's up. It won't be for another month or so though ^^