Himchan 30

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Kim Himchan had a problem. He had a meeting to run to and an uncooperative daughter to deal with. He sighed and checked his watch again. Where was his wife with their son? Did it really take this long to get food from the cafeteria? He knew he shouldn’t have agreed to come. It was such a big waste of time.

            He tapped his foot impatiently. “Hana, come down! Daddy’s going to leave you if you don’t stop playing. We’ve been here for a few hours already. Aren’t you done?”

            His daughter stuck her tiny head through the slides and grinned mischievously at him. “Nope! Appa, I wanna stay here until mommy comes back!” Her voice echoed through the plastic tunnel. Himchan peered up at her and she waved her hand cheekily before rushing back to the jungle that was the play area.

            He sighed and sat on the benches with the other parents. They were chatting amongst themselves and suddenly, he felt very conspicuous. Most of the parents there were mothers and they also ran in and out through the play area, diving around and playing with their kids. Himchan coughed uncomfortably and shifted.

            Suddenly there was a loud cry and he looked up. Who in the world could be making such a racket? But upon hearing closer, he realized the little girl crying was Hana. Himchan stood up and ran inside. Kids bounded everywhere and he went in search for his baby girl.

            “Hana?” Himchan called out tentatively. Immediately, the other kids froze. Who was this unknown stranger in their midst? Why was he calling out in that deep scary voice? He peered around and went for where the sound was coming from.

            Himchan crawled into the ball pit and momentarily lost his balance. The children didn’t stop jumping and this made it difficult for him to get across. He fell a couple of times and muttered a quick prayer that he would survive this. How had he played this when he was young? This was absolute torture.

            He finally crossed the obstacle and had to crawl on his knees through the tight tunnels, in his stomach and holding is breath once in a while. Hana was still crying. He peered up and groaned. Why did she have to be hurt at the top of the slide?

            He crawled a little faster then dared to stand a little. He did a crab-like shuffle across the bridge and avoided the children. “Hana, daddy’s coming!” Himchan reached across for the monkey bars and cursed all the obstacles that stood before him and his daughter. He was getting too old for all this physical activity.

            He agilely climbed to the top of the makeshift tower and banged his head against the entrance. His eyes smarted for a while and he rubbed his forehead. Himchan peered in and saw Hana curled into a ball and crying.

            “Hana, baby,” Himchan called. She raised her head and his heart hurt to see her puffy eyes. She sniffled and ran a hand across her runny nose. “What happened, honey?”

            She hiccupped and shook her head. “Someone said I was fat.” She wailed.

            Himchan face palmed. She was too young to be going through image issues. He reached a hand in and her face. “Come on, baby. Daddy still loves you. Let’s go down the slide and mommy will be back with the sandwiches okay?”

            She shook her head again, fiercer. “No! He said I can’t fit.”

            “Who is this imbecile who is blind and likes to make fun of my daughter?” Himchan growled.

            Hana pointed a shaky finger at a little boy who was currently demonstrating a taekwondo move to his friends. Himchan jumped down from the monkey bars and walked over to him. “Young man, did you call my daughter fat?”

            His smile slipped away and he gulped. “I was just joking. She accidently sat on me and her was squishy.”

            Himchan took a deep breath. “That’s not very nice. I want you to climb up to that tower, apologize and help her down the slide. Now. Or I’ll talk to your mother about it.” He had no idea who he belonged to, but a threat was a threat.  

            The little boy paled and quickly climbed up and he heard an audible sorry before seeing Hana rush down the slide. She was starting to smile a little more and she held onto Himchan’s outstretched hand. She pointed at a rocking horse and laughed.

            “Daddy! Ride it! Please?”

            Himchan’s jaw tightened. Not in front of all these parents. But his daughter was begging him so he sighed and climbed on. All the kids turned to look and he forced a large smile and started the electrical toy. A children’s song began to play and Hana clapped her hands to the beat. Himchan bobbed up and down to the rhythm and he blushed when his wife walked back with Himjong.

            The song finally ended and everyone gave him a sound round of applause. He got off the horse and Hana ran into his arms. “Daddy, that was awesome!” she squealed in an awestruck voice. Himchan grinned happily and winked at his wife who was doubled over in laughter. 

 

requested by b2ngguk

Yay for HImchan's recovery ^^

Ugh, boy drama and prom. Honestly. I cannot. Some girls...