Special - Zelo

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            Zelo tiptoed out of the bedroom he shared with his wife and crept down the hallway. The floorboards creaked and he winced. Looking back to see if she was awake, he continued walking. He entered the nursery and winced. The sun was streaming in and everything was bathed in a golden light.

            He heard a happy coo and smiled. Zelo walked over to the crib and picked up his baby son. “Seunghong-ah, we’re going to go to practice today and surprise mommy, okay?” Zelo kissed the infant’s nose.

            He gently closed the door and took out a blue jumper. It was attached to overalls and had a giant blue bear in the front. His son waved his limbs about and he giggled as Zelo tried to change him. The father grunted and finally had a warmly wrapped baby in his arms.

            Zelo walked down to the kitchen and made a sandwich for his wife and the coffee machine. He wrote a note telling her that he would be at the practice rooms and for her to just go out and enjoy the day.

            He grinned and made sure to leave it outside their bedroom so she would see it. He placed Seunghong into a baby carrier and walked the ten blocks to TS Entertainment’s building. The other members were delighted to see the baby and they gathered around, cooing and acting like doting ahjussis.

            Daehyun immediately picked up the baby and swung him around, singing to him. Zelo plopped down at the table and took out a notebook. “Cake, check. Streamers, oh shoot, I need streamers. Okay, food, not done, need to call. Invitations, long done. Present, oh damn, how could I?” he muttered to himself.

            Himchan swung by with Seunghong. “Still planning the party? I thought you had everything under control?”

            Zelo looked up and frowned. “I forgot streamers.”

            Jongup waved a bright packet. “Hyung’s got your back! You asked me to get them the other day. You asked, I delivered. After all, I have to make sure you’re taking good care of my little sister. I didn’t give her away to you for nothing!”

            The younger male sighed in relief. “Now I just need to buy her a present.”

            “Bwoh?” Himchan exploded causing the infant in his arms to squeal and whine.

            Zelo took the baby away from him. “Sh, daddy’s here,” he bounced the baby up and down, patting his back. “Yeah, I need to go and buy something. I’m sorry I can’t practice today. I need to check to see if everything else is ready. How am I supposed to tell her to come?”

            Daehyun pointed at the door. “Take your son and leave. Go find her something. A present is the most important thing you need to worry about at the moment.”

            The maknae nodded and bounced his son out the building. The chilly breeze hit them in the face and Zelo pulled up the baby’s hood. “I don’t want you getting sick. Then mommy will be really mad at appa.” Zelo walked down the streets, wondering what to get.

            Women of all ages stopped him so they could admire Seunghong. “Is this your son?”

            “Yes, he’s five months old.”

            The kind older lady patted his cheek. “Grow up handsome like your daddy, child. Be good!” The baby jerked his head back and forth, not comprehending and Zelo chuckled.

            “He’ll listen well, Noona!”

            Zelo squished his son and an idea lit up. He pushed open the doors to a jewelry store and bowed to the woman behind the counter. “I would like to buy a locket for my wife. It’s her birthday today.” He fumbled in his wallet for a family portrait and took it out. “Can you somehow insert this in?”

            The woman nodded. “Pick a style.”

            As Zelo browsed, Seunghong turned this way and that, taking in the bright colors and the shining jewels. His small face was lit up in wonder and he constantly tapped Zelo’s shoulder and blabbered his excitement.

            After he paid for the locket, he walked into a toy store. Seunghong saw the teddy bears and let out a shriek. The patrons of the store turned with irritated faces but softened when they saw the adorable baby waving his arms around.

            Zelo turned red and apologized. He saw a Hello Kitty doll that was holding a heart and took it down. Immediately, the child started to gum on its ears. Zelo took it out and wiped the spit off. “Choi Seunghong, not everything is for you to eat!” he hissed. His son gazed back innocently and burst into happy laughter.

            When Zelo got back to the building, all his friends and family had gathered. He sent a text to his beloved, telling her to come pick up their son. She responded immediately and within fifteen minutes, she was pushing open the door to the conference room.

            “Happy birthday!” All the guests screamed and she gasped in shock.

            “You didn’t have to do all that.”

            Zelo handed over her presents and kissed her forehead. Seunghong leaned in and smacked his lips against his mother’s cheek. “Happy birthday, love.” 

 

Happy twelfth birthday to innasa_nadine354

I hope you have a good one dear. 

Gah, feels @_@