Jongup 40

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You coughed and reached blindly for another tissue. The tissue box had somehow floated by itself and landed two feet away from your bed. You d for it and gave up. It was too much effort and your head hurt. You strained forward once more and fell back against your pillow. Your head was thudding and you closed your eyes against the pain.

            You sighed and coughed. Each hack caused your lungs to scream in protest and your throat was on fire. You were so tired. You fell back to sleep, tossing here and there. A hand was on your forehead. You opened your eyes slowly.

            “Urgh,” you groaned, knowing how disgusting you looked and sounded. “No food. Sorry.”

            Jongup smiled and brought a cool towel to your forehead. “Shh, lie down. You should have told me you were worse. I would have stayed at home with you, you silly girl.” He clucked and gently patted your burning skin.

            “Blawr, hot,” you complained, kicking off the thick blankets he must have put over you. You tried to open your eyes but felt that they were too heavy. You sighed and Jongup held your warm hand in his cool ones. You made a tiny sound of content.

            He frowned and stood up to walk over to the basin of cold water he brought up. He dipped the cloth in and replaced it on your forehead. In a few seconds, he had to flip it over. Jongup ran the cloth along your neck and plugged some of the coolness into your ears. You closed your eyes.

            “Sleep well. I’m going down to make some food for you.”

            You grabbed his hand weakly for a moment and he planted a kiss on your forehead. You turned over and snuggled into your too hot pillow, wincing a little at the headache. You saw dark swirls under your lids and envisioned the ceiling falling on top of you. You tossed this way and that, trying to get away from the suffocating ceiling. It was coming towards you. You thrashed and hit something.

            “Hey, hey, calm down,” Jongup held your hands and you tried to open your eyes. The crust around your eyes was worse and you wiped at it.

            “The ceiling was coming down.”

            He laughed and perched himself on your bed. “Here, sit up slowly.” He helped you get up and propped extra pillows behind you. You smiled gratefully at him and he handed you a tissue to wipe away the disgusting residues of sickness on your face.

            He held a spoon to your mouth and slowly fed you the porridge he made. You made a face at the slightly sweet flavor. After a whole day of water and medicine, the taste was a shock to your taste bud.

            “What’s the matter? Does it taste bad?” Jongup fussed.

            “No, silly. Just, the flavor was a welcome change.” He sighed and grinned back.

            “Eat some more. You’ve been in bed all day. Later, you need to go take a shower and change your clothes.”

            You grimaced at the prospect of having to move. “Must I?”

            He laughed and fed you some more. “You’re already whining. You’re definitely getting better.” You pouted and he handed you a small sandwich. “It’s just some jam. Nothing too heavy.”

            After you finished eating, he lowered you back onto the bed. “I’m not an invalid.”

            He patted your cheek. “You’re my patient today. Rest a little and I’ll be back later. I’m going to clean up then I’ll help you go take a bath.”

            You pretended to look offended. “What do you mean, help me?”

            Jongup flicked your forehead. “ert. I’m going to help you get up and stay outside in case you need me.” You nodded and waved as he walked out the door.

            You settled into your pillow and smiled gratefully. You really loved Jongup and his care for you made you warm inside. You let out another loud cough and moaned. You hated being sick. Your throat was still dry and you reached for the water he had left on the dresser. Your hand shook and the glass dropped onto the floor, rolling across the rug.

            Jongup came running up the stairs. “Are you okay?” he was panting slightly.

            “I just dropped the glass.”

            He bent down to pick it up and held out another glass of water. “Good thing I came prepared.” You smiled gratefully at him.

            “You think of everything.” Jongup gave you his puppy smile and picked you up in his arms. He carried you to the bathroom and helped prepare the tub. He left you on the toilet seat and went to get another change of pajamas for you to wear.

            “Thanks so much, Jongup.”

            He handed you your towel and gently closed the door as he left. “Call me if you need anything.”

            You took your time taking a bath. Every once in a while, he would call out and see if you needed assistance. You laughed and managed to croak out your reassurance. When you felt clean again, you dried yourself and changed into a clean set of clothing.

            “I’m done,” you sang out. You coughed again and Jongup ran over to you with your blanket. He wrapped you tightly in it and carried you back to bed.

            “Try to sweat everything out tonight and tomorrow, I’m staying at home to take care of you.”

            You kissed him on the cheek and turned your head to avoid showering him with your germs. “You’re the best.”

            He grinned. “I know. That’s why you love me.”

 

requested by iamcarrie1

thanks to everyone who helped me out! Urgh, I never knew so many of us suffered from the same problem. ♥ Group hug ladies.

Enjoy this one ^^ Gotta go study for calc