Zelo 5

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

The waiting room was pretty crowded and the wait was unbearable. Junhong swung his legs and tried to remain patient. Next to him, another man got up to go use the restroom, unable to keep still as well. The nurse finally walked in holding a red blanket and everyone tensed.

            “Mr. Choi?”

            Junhong looked around, and seeing no response, he stood up. It was exciting to finally meet his firstborn and to finally know her gender, as his wife had requested the doctor not tell them. The nurse congratulated him and handed over a small baby girl. He awkwardly held her and requested to see his wife.

            “Hey, jagi, look at our baby girl,” he crowed, cooing at the newborn.

When he rounded the corner into the room, he saw that his significant other was already sitting up in bed and nursing another baby. Junhong stopped in his tracks and his wife looked up to see him holding another bundle in his arms. His eyes rounded. “W-we had twins?”

She raised an eyebrow. “I think you have the wrong baby there. We only have a baby boy.”

            Junhong sputtered, “B-but the lady was asking for a Mr. Choi.”

            The mother of his child, his son apparently, scoffed. “She must be referring to the couple next door.” And sure enough, the very same nurse came into the room, looking harried as she apologized for the mistake and took the baby away.

            The new father sighed. “We’re not getting off to a great start are we?”

            “Somebody help me!” Junhong shouted into the phone as he tried to juggle his crying son in his arms. It had only been six months and you’ve decided it was time to go back to work. Junhong was on a slight break, so he was able to take care of the baby.

            The morning had been fine, with him going through the routine of waking his son up and feeding him his bottle. He had been slowly graduated to mushy baby food, much to Junhong’s chagrin. The food smelled and caused a mess if the baby decided to be picky.

            “Seunghong-ah, listen to appa and eat well okay?” He pleaded with his son, bringing the spoon to the baby’s mouth. The baby wailed, and squirmed in his high chair. Junhong cooed and pretended to nibble at the food himself, trying hard not to wrinkle his nose at the distasteful scent. “Look, daddy’s eating it too.”

            As a change, he decides to smash crackers into the food and the baby ate it happily, gumming his way through and leaving a mess of the now wet animal cracker. Happy that meal time was over, he now had an entire day to fill with activities. Junhong had planned building blocks, puppets and toy cars but his son only wanted to mush in his lap and babble.

            It was a quiet few hours as the baby amused himself gnawing on the side of his crib bars and Junhong managed to get some composing done for the group’s next album. But when the baby started to cry, he was at a loss.

            He tried to warm up the bottle and feed the baby but that was rejected. He had forced himself to be brave and ventured to change the baby’s diapers. It was fairly clean, a waste of his bravery, he groused. Junhong recalled another reason for crying and picked up the baby, attempting to burp the baby. He rubbed circles but the baby continued to wail.

            Junhong gave up. He decided to call his hyungs, all of whom had experience with their own children.

            He decided to call Yongguk-hyung first. “Seunghong’s crying. What do I do?” But when he told him everything he had tried, Yongguk couldn’t offer any other suggestions either. It wasn’t until he finally growled an angry, “Somebody help me!” to Jongup’s wife that she suggested he checked for a rash or any type of discomfort.

            Sure enough, the tag on the baby’s jumper had been scratching at the sensitive skin and there were angry red marks near Seunghong’s nape. The relieved father took off the jumper and found a new one, making sure the tag was cut off and redressing his now blue-faced baby.

            He rubbed in baby lotion against the scratches and the baby finally quieted. Junhong lifted the infant onto the mat next to him and picked up a small xylophone. He guided the baby’s fists and helped to pound out a melody, delighting in the coos of happiness that bubbled from the baby.

            The doting father nibbled his son’s ear and whispered, “You’re going to be a great musician and make daddy proud.”

            Being the kid he was at heart, Junhong had a flash of inspiration and took his son outside to the lawn, bringing with him blankets and a film camera. “We’re going to make a documentary of our first father and son day out.”

            He placed Seunghong in the middle of the lawn and the baby fisted a few blades of grass, unable to tug them loose. Junhong placed the video recorder on a tripod and took out a bottle of bubbles and started to blow them towards the drooling baby. Seunghong inched along, trying to pick himself up and pop the bubbles. A sphere of transparent pink exploded on his tiny nose and he giggled, clapping his hands together for more.

            Bubble surrounded the two of them and butterflies started to fly. The camcorder was still filming but Junhong had forgotten all about it as he rolled on the grass with his son, wiggling the tiny body in the air. You walked up the driveway, expecting to find chaos and instead found your son floating in the air, an even bigger nightmare.

            You ran onto your lawn and almost cried when you saw that no, your baby had not sprouted wings, but was supported by his father. Junhong was lifting the baby up and down, making faces at the infant and acting just as childlike as the baby was. You noticed the camera and went to it, angling the device to better capture the touching moment.

            Junhong brought Seunghong’s face to his for a kiss and you melted. He got up and startled, finally seeing that you were back. A flush spread across his face as you started to laugh. “You’re such a great dad,” you praised him, walking around to give him a hug as your son squirmed in between the two of you and tried to bat at a butterfly.

            Your husband beamed. “I know. You can keep him with me any day.” 

 

Thank you memmma for being so patient my dongsaeng~

Here's FINALLY the Zelo daddy you asked for ^^