Yongguk 45

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You reached into your bag to pull out your notebook. Your manager was talking on and on, and you were threatening to fall asleep. You sighed and doodled random words and drawings. Your boss cleared his throat and you looked up. He wasn’t glaring at you as you had feared but was actually looking at someone across the room from you.

            You looked curiously. “Yongguk! Why are you folding your papers while I’m talking? You are here for basic training. Not to learn how to make origami.”

            He smiled sheepishly and bowed his head respectfully. “I’m sorry, manager. I will work harder. I promise not to be a distracting influence anymore.” He smiled winsomely at the manager and the boss sniffed, annoyed.

            You didn’t look away fast away quick enough and he caught your eye. Yongguk gave you his signature gummy grin and you turned red, quickly dropping your gaze. Your colleague nudged you and you scowled at her. “Shush.”

            It was a widely spread rumor that Yongguk liked you. You sort of believed it. It didn’t matter how many times you moved your office, he always managed to find another new cubby right next to you. He was sort of like a parasite one could not get rid of.

            You focused your attention on your boss and took careful notes, trying to not feel his gaze from across the room. You wrote rapidly and took careful notes, much like your schooling days. Your manager lectured on the importance of making sure that your customers were happy and that you always kept a smile on your face.

            “Our mantra is, ‘the customer is always right.’ Live by this, and you will succeed. If you want to rise in ranks, to do well, then you must follow all this. You all have a desire to do well, do you not? Then you must follow all of what I say.”

            You all nodded like lemmings in a trance and he gave a satisfied grunt. “You, you, the two of you stay behind. I have a special task for you.” He pointed at you and your eyes widened. “Yes, you. Don’t give me those big doe eyes. Save that for your partner later.” Your face burned. What was he talking about? Who was the other person?

            He whirled around and pointed at Yongguk. “You! Stand up and greet your new partner. The rest of you are dismissed.”

            You deflated. Just your luck. Why of all people did you have to be stuck with him? You glared at him from the corner of your eye but your boss caught it. “Poor workmanship! No! You must love your partner. You two are my top model salespeople! Last month, your sales were both enormous. I want you two to learn from one another, to work together. Now, bow to one another, shake hands, and give me a big fat hug.” You approached him delicately.

            Yongguk couldn’t stop the grin from spreading across his face. He was turning red and bowing to you. You held out your hand and he shook it gently. Then he pulled you in for a big hug. You had to admit, he smelled really good.

            “Good! Good!” your manager boomed. “Now, I have a new product. It’s a women’s product. I want Yongguk to design a slogan and you to model for our advertisement. Together, you will go forth and be armed with this to sell this product!” He clapped the two of you and grinned happily. “Enjoy yourselves. You can leave whenever you feel like but report to me at the end of this week regarding your plans.”

            He closed the door behind him and the two of you stood there, looking at one another. “I guess we’ll take a look at the product.” He led you gallantly to the table and you moved away. He thought you were so easy. Your mouth fell open.

            “Wait, we have to do an advertisement on deodorant? Since when did we go from selling clothes to deodorant? This is ridiculous.”

            Yongguk took a deep breath. “Well, I guess you’ll only have to show off your underarms right?”

            “Yongguk, this is a disaster! I don’t want to model! I can’t just lift my arms and look y! That’s ridiculous. It’s impossible. I’ve always been so impressed by those models. I cant’ do it. I’m a businessperson. I don’t have the guts, the caliber to do this.”

            Yongguk patted your arm comfortingly. “It’s okay. We’ll overcome this together. If you like, I’ll play the male lead with you.”

            You grabbed onto him, too desperate to even care. “Yes! Anything. I’m going to need help. Lots of it.”

            He smiled and sat next to you. “First, we’re going to come up with a slogan. Then we’re going to think of a set. I was thinking. Maybe you can walk in and I’ll be sitting in the room. Then you’re going to casualyl lift your arms and smile at me and it’ll be love at first sight.”

            You wrinkled your nose at Yongguk. “Is this really how you would fall for a girl?”

            Yongguk looked up and flashed you his gummy smile again. “I liked you since before you had to even lift your arms. All you had to do was look at me and I already fell for you.”

            You stopped writing and raised an eyebrow. “That’s a terrible catchphrase, Yongguk. We’re never going to sell anyone anything.”

            “I know. I was just telling you the truth. My story.” You looked at him and cast your eyes down. He was dangerous.

 

requested by b2ngguk

I'm sorry. I'm losing my creativity. I may need to take a few breathers or have something come along that will be really good. Otherwise... I'm not going to post tomorrow. I'm going to take a break. I hope you understand ♥