Daehyun 41

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

“Hey, how do I look?” Daehyun stood in front of the mirror and took a picture of himself with his phone. He adjusted cap and tilted it at another angle. “Like this? What if she doesn’t think I’m good looking enough for her?”

            You rolled your eyes and flicked his forehead. “You’re so ridiculous. If she doesn’t accept you for who you are, do you really want to be with that type of girl?”

            He pursed his lips and widened his eyes, staring at himself vainly. “I mean, who wants to be with a bum?” He turned around and grinned at you. “You can’t deny that when you look for a boyfriend, you won’t want someone handsome.”

            You sighed. “Well yeah, but as long as he’s decent, I wouldn’t complain. You make it seem like she would complain about you.”

            Daehyun raised an eyebrow. “So you’re basically saying that I’m naturally good looking.” You opened and closed your mouth, speechless. He grinned.  “Okay, you’ve told me enough. I think I can get her.”

            You shrugged and picked yourself up from the floor. “Now can we go home? I’m tired of shopping. All we’ve looked at were the guys’ section. It’s not like I have anything to buy here.”

            He pointed an accusing finger at you. “Hey, no fair. You drag me to buy your stuff all the time. If we weren’t friends, I would have long accused you of trying to trick me into doing boyfriend material stuff with you.”

            “Jung Daehyun, the day when I want you to be my boyfriend, I will be entered into the insane asylum.” You scoffed. He glanced at you before picking up his bags and walking. You followed idly, texting your friends and not really paying attention. Something you’ve learned was if you wanted to avoid his charm, you beat it with indifference.

            Daehyun was a bit of a sore spot for you. The two of you have grown up together, but then again, most of the kids in the neighborhood had. But you were more of a tomboy, and he found it acceptable to hang out with you. The two of you have gotten along pretty well and thankfully, you have found yourself not falling for him, yet. The yet was the most important word because you were starting to get little tingles whenever he looked at you.

            Suddenly, you smacked headfirst into something solid and your phone flew out of your hands. You fumbled to recover it and saved it before it could fall on the floor. Daehyun had stopped suddenly in midstep.

            You fixed your hair and glared at him. “What the hell was that about? I almost dropped my phone!”

            He held up a hand and pointed. “Look, she’s right there,” his voice was hoarse. “Do I talk to her? Oh snap, she saw me. What do I say?”

            You twirled your phone casually and looked at her. “The smartest thing to do would be to leave and just have you talk to her.”

            Daehyun’s eyes popped. “What? You can’t abandon me.”

            You scoffed. “What if she sees me and gets the wrong message? No girl wants a guy who’s close friends with a girl. Sooooo I think this is my signal to leave.”

            He grabbed onto your sleeve. “No, wait. Okay, I’ll see you later.”

            You rolled your eyes and started walking away but glanced back every once in a while to see him talking to her. He was posing coolly and pursing his lips, talking to her. She twirled her hair, batted her lashes and you knew he had her. Good for him.

            You continued shopping for yourself and later walked into the restroom. You heard the doors open and then the girl’s voice echoed throughout the room. “Oh gosh, how awkward was that guy?”

            “He’s cute,” her friend said, encouragingly. You kept quiet.

            “But it’s so obvious he likes that other girl and to be honest, I don’t feel like competing. He was a little weird. He kept talking about singing. Honestly. I like my athletes better.” She sighed. “It’s so tragic that he would like me though.” You got that right, you thought savagely.

            “Who wouldn’t like you?” her friend simpered? Maybe someone with common sense.

            “And the fact that he asked me out, but asked if I would mind if he brought her too. What is she, his security blanket?” You palmed yourself. This idiot. What was he point of your leaving if he was only going to blow it at the end? Stupid.

            “Besides, I think he’s too lame for me. If anything, I’ll just play him a little then give him up,” she decided. Your stomach turned. You were tired of her.

            You flushed loudly and slammed the stall open, not even looking at her as you walked out. You washed your hands and flung water everywhere before you reached for a paper towel. You went to find Daehyun and he looked at you. “Were you two in there at the same time?”

            You sighed and stared at him. “Do you really like her?”

            His eyes were twitching. You gaped at him. Was he about to cry? Then he burst into laughter. “Did she say really mean things?”

            You nodded, struck dumb. Why was he so happy? He laughed again, clutching at his stomach. “Okay, so. How are you feeling?”

            You were confused. He was crazy. “What are you talking about? I was indignant for you. But if you’re unaffected, then I guess it’s all good.” You turned to leave, muttering, “Crazy idiot.”

            Daehyun grabbed your arm. “No, wait! So you’re not jealous, or happy, or something?”  

            “What?”

            The two girls came out and you saw them exchange looks. “Daehyun, did you tell her yet?” she whined.

            “Tell me what?”

            She shrieked in frustration. “You’re either the most unfeeling girl in the world, or Daehyun, you’re a lost cause.”

            You were following them, your head twisting like you were following a tennis match. She walked up to you and took your hand and shoved it in Daehyun’s. “What this idiot was too scared to say is that he really really likes you. He’s been planning this to make you jealous and apparently, it failed. So, what Daehyun really wants to ask you, is do you like him and would you like to go out with him?”

            You tickled his palm and smiled gratefully at her. Then you turned to Daehyun and snarled. “You’re an idiot. But you’re my idiot.”

 

 

requested by agnes101397