Yongguk 18

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You looked around you before slipping into the dark office. There had been no sign on the door except for three intertwined letters ‘BYG.’ You knew the man inside the office should help you. He was rumored to be the best investigator in all of Korea.

            You shivered and stepped onto the soft carpet. Your heels sank in a little and you held your trench coat closer. It was nerve wrecking to finally confront something that had kept you to the shadows after so many years. You tilted your chin up and pushed open a wooden door at the end of the hallway.

            A gorgeous man was sitting in a leather chair. In the dim light, you could see his hair was dyed dark red. His lips were full and he had smoldering eyes. He was achingly beautiful. The look he was giving you was fierce, however.

            You bowed quickly. “Investigator Bang? I was the one who set up the appoint-”
            “Take a seat.” His voice was curt but damn did it make your body shiver. It was deep and would be the object of your many fantasies, except you had a more pressing issue.

            “I told you briefly of my problem. This man has been stalking me ever since I redecorated his house. I tried to stop but it turns out the only contact information I have correct is his address. His phone number was disposable.”

            He pointed at the chair before him. “Take a seat.” You sat. “He looked at you straight in the eye. “I’ve given this some thought and I scanned the picture into my database. There’s something you haven’t been telling me, is there, Miss?” He raised an eyebrow.

            You cursed under your breath. How had he known? “Okay. Fine. He’s my estranged husband and he believes I stole his fortune. I really didn’t though.”

            He nodded slowly. “What about the part where he accused you of cheating on him?”

            You looked him in the eye. “Yes, with my brother.”

            The investigator leaned back, looking satisfied. “If we’re going to work together, you’re going to have to do two things. One, you must always be completely honest. I cannot be fishing for the truth like I did before. Two, you need to trust me.” He broke his demeanor and flashed you a mega-watt smile.

            Damn this man and his attractiveness. Your eyes were drawn to his gums and the way his eyes crinkled. Keep your head in the game, you scolded yourself. “Alright, Investigator.”

            He shook his head. “Call me Yongguk.”

            He went over his plan of action. “From my experience, your husband is bitter. He works for the government and has a secret he wants to protect. What you have to do with it, I don’t know. That will require my prying into your background. I hope you don’t mind.”

            You watched fascinated, as he plugged in your information and numbers began to run. Some things were in code and he deciphered it within seconds. He looked up your ex-husband and suddenly his eyebrow furrowed.

            “Your parents left behind a large fortune when they passed away. Did you know about that? They have it safely in a Swiss bank but Jaeho is trying to get it. Are you aware of the amount?”

            You shook your head. When he told you, your head spun. That was the amount he had accused you of stealing. Suddenly everything made sense. Your mouth opened to speak but Yongguk beat you to the chase.

            “Yes. His plan was to divorce you and hopefully cart you and your brother off to jail. Your brother for and adultery, you for adultery and theft. He fabricated evidence but somehow, the court didn’t buy it. Now he’s just planning on offing you two and using your information to get to the money.”

            “But, how? Isn’t the bank really well protected?”

            Yongguk shook his head. “It’s protected using technological security systems. As long as you can provide copious evidence that you are who you are supposed to be, then you can get in.”

            “Then why kill me?”

            “If someone took my money and I know it wasn’t me, I would definitely raise a cry about it.” He deadpanned. Yongguk stood up. “It’s getting late. Allow me to take you home. I’m afraid he may very well be waiting for you.”

            You drove in silence. You stared at his strong profile and wondered if he had a home, a family, a life. It was two in the morning and he was still here with you. When he pulled up to your house, he said, “I’d suggest you move. For now, I’ve already had my team place video cameras and security alarms. I have two guards standing. They fit in well, neighbors won’t notice. You’re paying for the service, might as well.”

            You looked at him, shocked. “Thank you.” He nodded curtly and you walked up to your porch. You met eyes briefly with the guard and he smiled kindly.

“I will keep you safe, ma’am.”

            The guard accompanied you everywhere. He became a makeshift boyfriend. Several times, you turned around to see a shadow lurking and you would be scared. But the guard gripped your arm. “I will protect you.”

            Yongguk had you go back once a week to update him with information. He worked tirelessly and you were impressed. He was also easy to talk to. The two of you have grown close as you worked. You spilled some of your lifelong secrets and he took it in stride. Several times, he offered good advice.

            Against your better judgment, you find yourself falling for him. He was always courteous. He genuinely cared about your well-being and would often ask after you. On a few occasions, he would relieve your two guards of their duty and stay by your side instead.

            “I’m going to catch him. I’ve been monitoring Jaeho’s whereabouts for a while. I have an inkling of a feeling where he would be. I found his hideout. I think he knows that you’ve asked for help because he seems to have stopped. But he will have plans. The money is too much for him to drop. He’s been recently accosted for tax fraud and gambling.”

            You trembled with fear. It would be weird to finally face him head on. Yongguk surprised you. He reached over the table and squeezed your hand. You looked at him. He smiled reassuringly and you felt your heart pitter patter. His effect on you was impossible to describe.

            It was simple. Set up a meeting time and you were to go first. You negotiate with him, telling him you’ll give him the information voluntarily. Jaeho should be stalled and then you were to run. Once you ran, the police would silently pull out from the supposedly abandoned factories and cut him off. Yongguk would head the operation.

            You worried. Your ex had an entire arsenal of weapons at his disposal and what if Yongguk was hurt? “It’s too dangerous. If he brings a gun, what will happen?”

            But the investigator was adamant. “When we started working, what two conditions did I tell you you have to agree to?”

            “T-to be honest and to t-trust you.”

            He nodded, smiling briefly. “Then trust me.”

            The wind was merciless. It blew around you and you waited. Suddenly there was a click of a bullet sliding into its chamber and something cold was held at your temple. “So the sacrificial lamb finally decides to give herself up.” It was his voice, raspy in your ear.

            You shuddered. “J-jaeho, please. I will give you the money. I don’t need it. Just leave me alone.”

            “Alone?” his lips curled into a sneer. “My dear, the only time I would leave you alone is when I’m dead in my grave or better, when you’re dead in yours.”

            “Put your gun down!” The factory lights lit up and you saw Yongguk. He was dressed in a  black wifebeater and his jeans sat off his hips. He had a gun drawn and was snarling. He was so gorgeous. Your head began to swim. This wasn’t the plan.

            Jaeho slowly dropped his hand. “Good, now let her go. I have really good aim, you know. I will hit you before you can hit her.”

            The arm around your neck fell away and you gasped, choking for breath. For a second Yongguk softened. “Step out of here. Run like I told you,” he ordered. You wobbled off to the side and hesitated. “Go!”

            Bangs ricocheted off of the metal trucks. The doors started rising and cruisers drove out. You saw Jaeho shoot at Yongguk and he was shooting back, dodging. The scene in front of you was too surreal, too fake, too much out of a drama.

            Jaeho was charging and the police was shooting. You saw blood spurt out of his chest and his back and screamed. He collapsed before he reached Yongguk. There was a silence and you crept out of your hiding place.

            Yongguk was calling a dispatcher and the ambulance took Jaeho away. He was bloody and breathing heavily but you didn’t flinch. You walked over to him and wiped away a trickle of blood from his lips.

            “Is he dead?”

            Yongguk shook his head. “He wore specific gun proof patches. He’s losing a lot of blood but the bastard deserves to rot in jail more than he deserves to have his peace underground.” He looked at you. “Are you okay?”

            The police was still bustling to clean up. Nobody was paying attention to you. You nodded and stepped closer. Yongguk was shivering. His dark eyes watched you and you leaned in and pressed your lips against his.

            “Take me home.” 

 

FBI Yongguk request

This is another pretty long one. The plot generally is more suited for multiple scenes, but in interest of keeping it short, I truncated the plot and details. There are so many things I could have added, but once again, couldn't.

Thank you to everyone who voted to feature this story. >~< my heart ♥