Zelo 8

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            It was Valentine’s Day, a holiday you hated so much. It was bad enough when girls had to give the guy’s presents but when it was the other way around, it made you even more nervous. You had easily given your closest guy friends chocolates and nobody really made a fuss because you had given them to ten guys. But girls watched you when it was the boys’ turn to confess. Their eyes were sharp as they counted the number of admirers the other girls had.

            You sighed and twirled your pen. So far, you’ve had the shyest boy in class nearly have a heart attack trying to give you a card. You were nice about it. But your peers happened to enter the classroom right at the moment and he had panicked. He ended up stuttering and causing an even bigger scene.

            Your best friend walked in and dropped into the seat next to you. You looked over at him, teasingly. “So, Zelo, confessed to anyone lately?”

            His ears burned red and he shook his head. “Nope, nobody’s good enough for me. What about you? I heard about your little episode with Eunhyung. Poor guy. You must have been harsh.”

            You knocked his arm. “Don’t be dumb. He just got nervous. And you’re so lame. Get into the spirit of things!”

            He shrugged. “Maybe I don’t like anyone. I don’t have to like anyone.”

            You glared at him, enraged by his stubbornness and turned away. “If you say so.”

            Class went by slowly and every once in a while, Zelo would poke you to give you a note.

            So what if another guy offered to ask you out, what would you say?

            Depends on who it is.

            Shallow. You’re probably waiting for the hottest guy in the school to do it. Or maybe one of those upperclassmen oppas. :P Too bad, only can pick within our grade.

            His responses were quick and you glared at him. “Take notes,” you mouthed and motioned at the empty pages of his notebook. He rolled his eyes and pointed at his note. You decided to ignore it. Biology was more important than his stupid, probing questions.

            Another piece of paper shot your way. Ya, if you don’t respond, I’m going to kill you.

            You giggled and shook your head. Nobody. You guys are all too immature for me.

            He shot you a disgusted look. It’s because you have such a thing for Yongguk, isn’t it? Baaaaaaaang Yonggukkkkkkkkk. When he read his words, you blushed and Zelo leaned in, “Baaaaaaangggggg Yoooonggggguuuukkkk,” he whispered and you clapped your hands over your mouth to avoid giggling out loud.

            “Mr. Choi? Care to tell me what it was you said to cause your partner over there to find it so amusing, she’s willing to disrupt my class?” The teacher turned from the chalkboard and glared at the two of you.

            Zelo straightened and casually knocked the note off the table. “Er, nothing, seongsaeng-nim. I apologize. I think I may have let my bodily functions get the better of me.” He said all of this in a straight face and you nearly shot off into another round of laughter.

The teacher huffed and went back to his boring lecture. You glared at him. “Shut up.”

            There were only ten minutes left to the period and you were antsy to leave. School was almost over and this humiliation could finally be forgotten. Zelo bent to pick up the paper he dropped and scribbled some more on it.

            How about you go for somebody our age?

            You could not believe it. He was still at it? “Drop it,” you hissed. “I’m not interested in anyone our age.”

            He bent over the note. You’re breaking hearts, dear, and not even knowing it.

            “Mr. Choi? Would you like to hand over that wonderful piece of paper you have been writing on for the past few minutes? I would like to see your notes. I’m sure they’re wonderful. You’ve been writing so diligently.”

            Zelo paled and slowly gave the note over to the teacher. He cleared his throat and raised his glasses up his nose. “’How about you go for somebody our age?’ Why, we are talking about the human life spam, Mr. Choi. But I highly doubt it had anything to do with your comment. ‘You’re breaking hearts, dear, and not even knowing it.’ Scientifically, hearts cannot actually break unless it means a mechanical slowing down of its processes. I believe, you mean this in the more figurative sense? In that case, Mr. Choi, kindly save that for the English room please.”

            The class snickered and you hid behind your hair. Zelo blinked rapidly and nodded. “Yes, sir.” The teacher’s eyes twinkled.

            “However, seeing as it is Valentine’s Day, why don’t we spare you the agony of having to wait until English. Feel free to do it here, right now. Go on, it’s clear you’ve been waiting for this confession. Kindly go ahead. We’re all watching. I’m sure she won’t shame you.”

            Your cheeks heated and you prayed Zelo would drop it. He didn’t move and was frozen. His mouth opened and closed. There was an embarrassed smile on his face and he blinked. “Go on, we’re waiting.”

            You touched his arm. “Just tell him the truth. You don’t have anything to confess.”

            The teacher shook his head. “I’ve been living long enough to know when a boy’s too shy to confess. All he needs is a little push. Mr. Choi, hwaiting!” The rest of the class followed in cheer.

            Zelo turned to you and with his eyes on the left side of your head he mumbled, “I like you. Would you be my girlfriend?”

            Your mouth dropped. You had expected him to say that to someone else, anyone but you. He rubbed the back of his neck and waited. “An answer please.” The teacher prompted.

            You nodded slowly and the class burst into applause. But when the teacher turned back to continue his lesson, you kicked him and slid over a note. I still want you to introduce me to Yongguk. >:D

 

shy Zelo confession request

don't ask. I'm tired. @_@ And it's Zelo being cute