Jongup 10

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            The shoulder you were leaning against was solid and sturdy, and the hand you were playing with was familiar. You traced the different lines and scars. “Hey, remember this? This was when you fell off your bike. I think we were five.”

            He chuckled and pointed at a scar on her palm. “This was when you thought you could beat me at swimming and slammed your hand too hard against the concrete. That must have hurt real bad. Especially since your first reaction was to stick it into the chlorine water.” He grinned evilly at you and you stuck out your tongue.

            “What time is it? We should get going.” You hopped off the ledge and checked your watch. “It’s five, I want to get going.” He hopped off, following and took your hand. The two of you walked the block down to your apartment.

            “Come on, it’s not every day I get to see you. You can’t be leaving already?”

            You sighed. “Duty calls. But whenever you’re back, call me. I miss you, oppa.” You leaned in and hugged him, smelling his familiar scent. He smiled into your hair and you stepped back, waving at him, trying not to get too teary. “Visit soon okay?”

            You reluctantly turned away and walked through your door. “Jongup?” you called for your boyfriend and saw him sitting on the couch, staring at you broodingly. “What’s up?” you made to sit next to him.

            Instead he jumped up. In a manner that reminded you of Sailor Moon, he pointed a finger at you and shouted with indignation. “You told me you were going to see your friend!”

            You raised an eyebrow. “I was. I saw him. Were you spying?”

            “Spying? I think I have every right to know when my girlfriend is running around town in cahoots with a random guy!”

            You rolled your eyes. “Don’t be silly. Youngjae’s just my best friend. He moved away to the States and I haven’t seen him in a long time. We were just walking around the neighborhood. Gosh. If I knew you were going to be like this, I would have just invited you along.”

            He stared at you suspiciously again and you giggled. He was too adorable when he was indignant. His face was scrunched up and he was trying to keep a frown on his face. You slid up to him and kissed him. “Don’t be silly. You can’t be mad. You’re no good at it.”

            You felt him succumb and his face twitched. “You’re horrible. Such a tease.” You winked at him and tugged on his hand.

            “To the room?”

            Two weeks later, you received a call from Youngjae, telling you that he was back for a good week and would like to see you. You were excited and twirled around the room. You loved seeing him. This once every few months thing was a far cry from the everyday that used to be your friendship.

            “What made the princess so happy?” Jongup asked from the doorway. His eyes crinkled as he watched you continue to dance.

            “Youngjae’s here! He’s going to be back for one week and I get to see him!”

            Immediately his face hardened and he backed away. “Oh. I see. Well, have fun.”

            You ran over to him. “Want to come? Come on, meet my best friend. You’ll love him, I swear.”

            He was torn. He didn’t want to seem like the jealous boyfriend but the actuality of the situation was; he was jealous. He wanted to know the person his girlfriend spazzes so much about. “Alright. I suppose. Tonight?”

            Youngjae was gracious about letting Jongup come and the three of you agreed to meet at a nearby restaurant. When you got there with Jongup, Youngjae was already there. You hugged him, completely forgetting about Jongup and it took Youngjae to remind you.

            “Jongup, I presume? She told me a lot about you.” Jongup shook his hand and nodded curtly.

            “She definitely has squealed quite a bit about you the last few weeks. Every day it’s always fretting about when you’ll be back. I take it the two of you have known each other for a long time?”

            Youngjae nodded. “We grew up together. The two of you have been together for three years. That’s pretty amazing, considering how she doesn’t usually like being with guys much.”

            You could feel the tension and tried to break it by saying in a chipper voice, “Guys, let’s sit and order first okay?”

            Jongup sat in and took your hand, placing it on the table for Youngjae to see. Youngjae sat back and smiled at you. “Remember our first time discovering this place?”

            “Yeah,” you drawled, not sure how to keep talking. “I think we were looking for someplace to celebrate your birthday? Your parents were away that day.”

            He smiled warmly at you. “You were always the best to me.”

            Jongup gripped your hand tighter and you saw Youngjae’s mouth slip into a shadow of a smirk. Disappointment at the two boys flooded you. They shouldn’t be acting like this. You frowned at Youngjae and he looked back innocently.

            “The food’s here,” you said just to break the silence. Jongup took a knife and reached to cut your steak at the same time Youngjae picked up a piece of bread and buttered it for you.

            “Eat first,” they held the food in front of you at the same time. You looked at them uncomfortably and Jongup placed the fork down first.

            “Go. Eat.” He sounded defeated and your eyes filled with tears as you took the bread from Youngjae. This was not how you expected their meeting to be. Youngjae seemed to take the hint and finally looked at Jongup.

            “Hey, dude, help me with my girlfriend? You seem to be doing such a good job with this little girl over here. I think she resents the fact that I have friends in Korea she’s never seen.”

            Jongup looked surprised at the change in topic but was willing to be diplomatic. It wasn’t soon until the two of them seemed to genuinely hit it off and you smiled, glad they could be friends.

            When you parted ways, you looked at Jongup and he hugged you. “I’m sorry I acted the way I did. I was just afraid you would like him better. You seem to, at least.”

            You shook your head. “Don’t be silly. He has none of your charm, none of your talents, none of your good looks, oh and obviously none of your good tastes. I mean you were the one to ask me out and everything, you know.” You laughed as Jongup picked you up in the middle of the streets and twirled you around.

            “Egotistical princess.” 

 

Plot request

sorry if not so good

gotta go run and study for AP Calc and AP Mando 

wish me luck for calc D: