Zelo 24

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You stared at him discreetly from behind your book. You could just imagine what would happen if your best friend saw you. You fixed your wig and pushed up your glasses. It would be devastating if they saw you dressed in the getup you were in. She would laugh until she could no longer breathe, then proceed to tease you about it until the day you die.

            You were currently dressed in an oversized red wig and had thick glasses. You wore baggy black pants and a large sweater to cover yourself. You ducked your head when he came whizzing by but couldn’t help but peer at him anyway. He was so perfect.

            You remembered when he was still shorter than you but suddenly, high school came and he towered over the majority of the grade. You could still recall the days when he had short hair and chubby cheeks, a bit quiet and only dancing by himself. But now, looking at him flip tricks on his skateboard, you cannot believe he was the same Zelo you grew up with.

            He shook his hair out of his eyes and you quickly moved out of the way. Why you chose to sit so close to where he was practicing, you had no idea. Sometimes, you really came up with the dumbest ideas. You didn’t want to be recognized, but surely this ungainly costume would get you noticed.

            You picked up your book again and held it in front of your face. Applause and raucous cheering was heard and you peered over again. Zelo was grinning and high-fiving the other boys. “Do it again, man!” they encouraged.

            He hopped onto the skateboard and used one foot to pick up acceleration. You watched in awe as he flipped up the ramp and twisted in the air one way and then again counterclockwise. He landed smoothly and you hid your smile. He was good.

            You checked your watch. You only had an hour left. How long would he be here? You sighed. If only you could just work up the courage to talk to him. But ever since puberty, he’s been very popular with the ladies and you knew he would never want to be with someone as second rate as you were.

            The boys took a break and you slid further back on the benches. They sat on their boards and shared sandwiches. You heard your name being mentioned and then Zelo turning red. You placed the book gently on your lap and pretended to be engrossed in it, but really trying to listen.

            “She’s so weird. She’s always holding a book and reading. I don’t understand. The teachers all like her because she’s a nerd, but the way she dresses is a little,” the boy made a whirling motion with his finger.

            “Yeah, word. And honestly, I don’t even think she’s interested in guys. Why would people say she likes you? I would run far away Zelo.”

            You bit your lip, used to the taunting. But you weren’t sure how the rumor came to be, and now you’re scared to hear his response. Maybe you should leave. But you saw that Zelo’s jaw was clenched. He looked angry. His hands balled up the wrapper of his sandwich.

            “Yeah man. Imagine she asks you to go to the dance with her,” he snickered.

            Your heart clenched and you saw that Zelo’s jaw muscle was jumping as if he had a tick. The tips of his ears were bright red. “I swear, I think her mom dropped her on her face at birth. She’s so ugly.”

            What happened next took you completely by surprise. Zelo threw the wrapper down on the ground and stood up. “What the hell is wrong with you guys? Don’t you have any sense of compassion at all? She had to suffer a lot.”

            They sneered but seemed a little taken aback by his sudden explosion. “What do you mean?”

            “Her family abandoned her and she’s had to live with foster parents. They’re artists. Who cares if she dresses a little differently, it’s a nice style.”

            The bolder of the two sneered. “Is Zelo in love with the weirdo?”

            Your heart had soared when you heard him stand up for you. You were shocked that he knew so much about you and was grateful that he was willing to go against his friends.

            Zelo pointed a finger at the boy. “One, don’t call her a weirdo. That’s rude. Two, so what if I like her? Your own girlfriend isn’t much better. She’s a bit of a . If I were you, I’d ask her where she was last night.” He turned to leave.

            Zelo wasn’t looking and accidently hit you, sending your wig and book flying. You scrambled on the ground, trying to pick up your fallen disguise. You glanced up at Zelo and his friends. They were doubled over in laughter.

            “She’s even stalking you now!”

            You dropped your gaze and reached for your book but Zelo picked it up. “The Blind Assassin? I love this book! Are you reading this for English?”

            “No,” you whispered. “Just a light reading.”

            Zelo laughed and picked up the broken glasses. “You don’t actually need this, do you?”

            You shook your head. His friends were still howling behind you. Zelo gently held your arm. “Ignore them,” he whispered. He carefully placed his hand around your shoulders but dropped it when you stiffened. “Sorry,” he apologized and looked down.

            “It’s okay. I was just surprised.”

            He steered you out of the park and walked you home. “How do you know so much about me?” you asked at the same time he said, “Why did you disguise yourself?”

            You laughed awkwardly and he grinned. “My grandma knows your foster parents and she’s been wanting us to meet.”

            “Oh.”

            “So tell me,” he playfully bumped your hip. “Why is it that you were sitting on that bench in heavy disguise?”

            You stuck out your tongue at him, not afraid to be teasing. “That’s for me to know and you to find out.”

            “And when can I find out?” he called out as you walked up your driveway.

            “Sooner or later. Check your locker tomorrow!”

            When Zelo opened the door to his locker, an envelope fell out. Inside were two tickets to the school dance. Come with? ♥ 

 

requested by cutedwaejee

AJGHAJDKGH feels

tomorrow's should be interesting >:D