Yongguk 36

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “Hey, looking good, looking good,” you heard someone comment. You turned around and forced the blush down. He had a girlfriend, you chanted to yourself. You rolled your eyes and kept walking. “Hey, I complimented you!” He called.

            You stopped. “I thought you were talking to your girlfriend,” you said and raised an eyebrow.

            Yongguk laughed and walked up to you. He slung an arm around your shoulder. You scowled and shrugged it off. “Dude. Girlfriend.”

            Your longtime friend sighed and  mumbled something under his breath. “I know I have a girlfriend. But I’m still allowed to compliment a friend.”

            “She’s actually of the jealous type in case you haven’t noticed.”

            Yongguk kept walking and ignored you. “What would I do without your observational skills? Whatever, she’s going to have to deal. I can talk to whoever I want. It’s not like I’m actually dating you on the sly too.”

            Suddenly this conversation was too much. You shook him off and continued walking towards the main building. “I have to go to class.”

            As you walked down the hallways to your biology class, you wondered what you would do about Yongguk. You have liked him since high school but he has never shown an ounce of interest. All he has ever done was flirt with you. But that didn’t make you special. He still had a girlfriend. You walked into the lecture hall and saw his girlfriend sitting in the first row, fixing her hair.

            She looked up as you walked in and smacked her glossy lips together. Her gaze was a judging one and you shuddered. What he ever saw in her, you had no idea. His life, not your problem.

            After class, you walked out and were shocked to see Yongguk standing there. You breezed past him, expecting word but nothing came. Of course, you decided. His girlfriend was right behind you. You heard his deep voice greet her and heard her giggle.

            Your relationship went like that. He would see you and make a random flirty comment here and there but he still remained with his girlfriend. One week during finals, he plopped next to you on the couch. He rubbed his eyes, absolutely tired. “I’m so done with this. One more and I can finally go back home.”

            You nodded absentmindedly and continued looking at your textbook. His breath was right next to you and you could smell his cologne. Your heart rate sped and then you could feel a weight against your arm. You glanced down and saw that Yongguk had fallen asleep on top of you.

            You placed your textbook down and stared at him. Your eyes mentally traced his eyes, the slope of his nose and went down to the puffiness of his lips. You so badly wanted to kiss him. Your thoughts scared you and you glanced back at your textbook. He needed to leave.

            You moved your arm to jerk him awake. Yongguk shot up sleepily and rubbed his eyes. “Hmm, you’re a comfortable pillow,” he said.

            You ignored him and went back to studying. He nudged you with his nose playfully. “Aww, you’re so studious. You won’t even acknowledge your adorable best friend?”

            “Who said you were my best friend?”

            He pouted. “Aww, come on. You know you like me.”

            Your heart stopped and you glared at him. “Excuse me?”

            He took your hand and turned it over in his. “I like you. I think you’re pretty and you’re so smart. I honestly like talking to you. But you don’t talk to me enough,” he whined.

            “You’re sleep deprived. Go sleep and go dream of your girlfriend.”

            He stood up and stared at you for a long time. “Right. My girlfriend.”

            And so life went on. As you gradually went through college, the two of you stopped talking and soon you had almost forgotten he had existed. You graduated in the top of the class and went on to work as an engineer. You didn’t really know what happened to Yongguk but it was okay. You’ve suffered your later share of heartbreak and was now well past college.

            You were excited. You had landed your dream job at a newly formed, but rapidly becoming popular architect firm. They had required an engineer and thousands had applied for the job. You were thrilled when they had chosen you. You didn’t know who your new boss was but it was okay. Today would be the first day you met him. You straightened your jacket and walked in.

            You stopped in your tracks when you saw someone very familiar look up. Yongguk smiled. He was older, more attractive. He had lost some weight but gained muscle. Your heart sped for just a moment but you smiled at him. You held out your hand and greeted him. Yongguk stared at you for a few moments.

            “Welcome back,” he whispered. For the first few weeks, he left you alone and you were grateful. You had left college behind and didn’t need him coming here to ruin anything.

            One day, he leaned against your office doorway. You stared at him. He had his arms crossed and you could see that his ring finger was empty. You shook your head. Why were you thinking about that?

            “Hey, we lost touch.” He kept it simple. You nodded and he smiled bashfully. “I’m glad I hired you though. You’ve been doing a great job. None of the customers have had any complaints.” You thanked him. “Say, are you busy after work? I think it would be great to go out to dinner. Catch up on old times?”

            This was it. You smiled gently and stretched out your left hand where the newly placed diamond was glittering. His eyes caught the light and the smile dropped from his face. “Sorry, I have to work on wedding plans.”

            He nodded. “Of course. I guess what they say is true. If you like something, you should put a ring on it.” He flashed his teeth and you watched him walk away, wondering if all that time he had actually liked you.

 

requested by nerd_91

I sort of deviated from what you had wanted. You didn't specify what you wanted the ending to be, so I took liberties. 

Woo, no more finals~