Yongguk 54

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            The phone kept ringing and ringing. You held the phone away from your ear and saw that it was still dialing. Five rings, six rings, seven, voicemail. You sighed. He knew he was supposed to meet you here today, so why wasn’t he here yet?

            You hung up and shook your head. You rolled your eyes and threw the bill down on the table, leaving the café. This was the fifth time he had stood you up. You knew Yongguk didn’t do it on purpose but sometimes he had to realize you weren’t going to wait around for him forever. You smacked yourself on the head. What were you thinking? You had waited for him for a long time and now you were going to be stupid and keep waiting.

            You had gone home and started on your homework. You finished math and moved on to history. You were in the middle of your essay when your phone lit up with a call. You saw the caller ID and sighed heavily. Now he called.

            “Yeah, what’s up?” You adopted a bored tone.

            “I’m so sorry! I honestly forgot. We were in the middle of rehearsing, the concert is in two weeks, and now we’re totally ready. I knew I had something to do but you know me. Once I get into it, I really get into it.”

            Of course you knew. “It’s okay. Good luck. When is the concert?”

            You knew that this he wouldn’t forget. “Six. You’re going to be there right?”

            He was so enthusiastic, so excited. How could you stay mad at him? “Of course, silly. It’s your concert. How can I miss it?”

            He made a kissing noise over the phone. “I love you.”

            You sighed and hung up on him. You tapped your fingers against the table and went back to focusing on your work. Yongguk really had you wrapped around his pinky. If only you didn’t like him so much, your life would be so much less complicated.

            It was a total shock to you when two days before the concert, Yongguk called you to go on a date. “Are you sure?” you asked him cautiously. “Your concert is in a few days.”

            “Yeah, of course. I need a break,” he insisted and so you set a time to meet.

            But of course, he didn’t come. You only waited thirty minutes this time before leaving. Quite frankly, you were a lot tired of his bs. You hadn’t even bothered going into the restaurant. You had already anticipated this.

            The next day, you decided you were going to do something about it. You slipped into their practice room and disconnected all the wires. Good luck to Yongguk when he tried to practice. It would take him a while to find the extension chord, which you had hid somewhere backstage. It was petty and a little childish, but quite frankly, you were so done with him.

            But as you were hiding the chord, you bumped into him. Yongguk raised an eyebrow. “What did you do? Give that back.”

            You didn’t even bother. Even if you tried to withhold it from him, he was stronger than you were. You threw it at him. “I’m so tired of this! Stop trying to act like you care if you’re only going to go back on your promises! Until you get your priorities straight, we’re done!”

            You heard him call your name but you ran out. You had reacted stronger than you had expected to but maybe an ultimatum was a good thing. You were still going to go to the concert, but maybe he would find you after and the two of you could talk things out.

            The entire auditorium was buzzing with anticipation. Yongguk’s garage band, B.A.P, had been playing at other venues for a while and had made a big name for themselves. Today’s concert was their first one within the school and everyone had bought tickets.

            You jostled in line and went to your seat. The curtains were moving and the lights dimmed. You stood up from your seat and cheered just as loudly as the rest.

            Chords struck and you saw Yongguk. He was standing and holding onto the microphone. You felt a gush of pride at the fact that he was your boyfriend. “Ugh, Yongguk’s so hot. Why does he have to be so much older than me? He looks so y holding that mic.”

            You peered back and bit your lip. She was a tiny freshman. You turned your attention back to Yongguk and whooped out loud. Just when the concert was about to end, Yongguk held up his arm.

            “As an encore, I’m going to perform a special song for someone very special to me. I know it may seem like I’ve forgotten about you, but this song. This song is the real reason why I was late yesterday.”

            The instrumentals started to play and he began to sing a song that was directed at you.

            “I’m sorry that I’m never there, I’m sorry you think I neglect you. But baby, you’re always in my heart and my arms ache without you. The only words I have for you today is, please come back to me.”

            People’s heads swiveled in your direction. You didn’t want gossip so pretended to shrug as if you didn’t know what he was talking about. But later, backstage, you threw yourself into his arms and covered your tears with his jacket.

            You pounded him on the back, sniffling and saying, “Gosh darn you. Why must you be so perfect? I can’t even stay mad at you properly.”

            He grinned and wiped away your tears. “Tomorrow, I’ll be waiting by your classroom. When class is over, we’re going to go out and you’re going to spend the rest of the day with me, and the whole of the day after that and the day after that.”

 

requested by ijustsneeze

well I'm going to have to study for APs soon ^^ Maybe break or maybe not. I want to finish the request list soon.