Zelo 16

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “So you’re just going to let your parents dictate your relationship and how you live life?” Zelo scoffed, completely not comprehending. “Are you insane? Can’t they just let you have some happiness?”

            You looked down at the floor. “Your parents aren’t big fans of me either.”

            “So? That’s not stopping me from seeing you. You actually want to break up because your parents don’t like me.” He looked mad, and not just a little bit hurt.

            You bit your lips. “I’m sorry. I would change it if I could.”

            He grabbed your arm and looked up at you. “Please, be a little rebellious for once, for me? I’m going to make your time all worth it.”

            You sighed. “But my parents. I don’t want them to be mad at me. What if we get caught?”

            Zelo winks at you. “Leave that up to me.”

            You were still slightly worried. Your parents didn’t like the gangster image Zelo put on and believe that you can do better. They didn’t want to tell you the truth, that they didn’t like that he was poor as well. But you knew and you hated them for being so shallow. His parents didn’t like you for the very fact that you were you and your parents were so unrelenting.

            “Zelo, I know your dad threatened to hit you if he saw the two of us together.”

            He looked at you and sighed. “I told you. Trust me. I will convince my parents and yours that we were meant to be okay?” He playfully kissed the top of your head. “Go and study for your exams. Leave the worrying up to me!”

            He ducked out of sight when you opened the door. You shook your head. Life was so complicated and he wasn’t helping you with your peace of mind. It would hurt you too much if your parents decided to ban him officially. It would hurt more if you saw that he had been hit by his father because of you.

            That night, there was an unexpected knock on your front door. Your mother answered and she immediately slammed it closed. “Ya!” she called for your father. “That boy is here! Didn’t we tell him to stay away? Come deal with him.”

            Your heart nearly stopped. What was Zelo thinking? You stayed in your room, all the while wanting to hurl yourself out of your room and down the stairs to save Zelo from impending doom.

            “I told you to stay away from my daughter! A suit won’t change anything! You’re still the scum that you were yesterday with your ripped shirts and dirty pants. My daughter is too good for you. If you keep coming around, I’ll call the police on you!”

            “Please, sir. Give me a chance. You can’t kick me to the curb without letting me prove my worth, can you? She always told me how fair you were. Please, don’t be like this.” Zelo was pleading in polite tones.

            You couldn’t help yourself. You walked out. Zelo was standing in the doorway in a suit, holding out a bouquet of flowers. Your dad was blocking the entrance, and was beet red.

            “Appa, please. Give him a chance.”

            He tossed you a disgusted look. “I thought I told you to stop seeing him?”

            “It’s not her fault I’m persistent. My father always taught me that a man needs to be persistent and go after his wish.”

            This line was practically your dad’s motto. You shot Zelo a look. His face hasn’t changed one bit. “I promise that if you trust your daughter to me, I will treat her well. I refuse to let anyone hurt her or touch her. If I can have your permission, I wish to take her to the Steakhouse, and you, sir, are more than welcome to join.”

            You tried to stifle a giggle. You knew what he was doing now. Mention your dad’s number one weakness. Sure enough, your dad’s face fell a bit and you felt hopeful. “Please, daddy? You can bring mom too. Get to know Zelo better.”

            “Zelo, do you not have an accurate name, boy?”

            “Choi Junhong, sir. At your service.”

            Your dad looked grudgingly at you. “Get dressed. I suppose.”

            Over dinner, Zelo was able to spew out all sorts of random information on business and even managed to get your dad’s attention by letting slip that his father used to be a manager in the very company your father used to work in. By the end of dinner, your father had relaxed around him and even gave him a handshake as he stood up to leave.

            “I’ll take your daughter home, sir. I promise to get her back at a decent hour.”

            On the way home, you nudged him. “Bribery and flattery? Lovely plans.”

            He shrugged off his suit jacket and was left in just a tank top. He breathed a deep breath of relief and Zelo winked at you. “I told you to trust me.”

 

Zelo request for st-arships

For those who are voting, vote wisely? Unless you're in New York and the big states and your vote doesn't matter unless it's with the majority.

I'm so glad I'm not 18 yet because this election...