Daehyun 23

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            The pool was ridiculously crowded and you shivered with excitement. The smell of chlorine lingered in the air and you felt in your element. You breathed in people and sunscreen and walked to your post. It was your first day on the job as a lifeguard. You were studying in Florida and decided to get a summer job.

            You had gone to the local public pool and the people were more than willing to hire extra lifeguards. After all, it was the busiest season and every help was appreciated. You took your equipment and went into the locker room to change.

            Your other female coworkers were already lathering on their sunscreen. They smiled at you friendly enough before going back into their huddle of gossip. It stunk to be the new one. There were squeals and sounds of extreme delight as they spoke in their hushed tones.

            One of the nicer girls pulled you into their circle. “Hey, take a look at this. So, this new lifeguard was freshly imported from Asia a few weeks ago. He’s shown up for staff meetings a couple of times and that’s all we’ve seen of him. But damn, he is gorgeous.”

            The others nodded the affirmative and she held out her phone. “I managed to snap a picture of him during one of the meetings,” she giggled. “Too bad he has yet to get into apparel, if you know what I mean.”

            You looked at the picture and let out a low whistle. It was rare for you to ogle at guys like this, but this one was really a stunner. He had full lips and a devilish smirk. His hair was a rusty shade of brown and his eyes twinkled as if he had a secret nobody else knew about.

            “His name is Jung Daehyun, and if you see him, he won’t talk to you. It could be because he speaks with a slight accent, but he’ll just smile at you and that’s all you’re going to get.”

            You laugh and return the phone. “It’s okay. I’d feel too much like a stalker or a creep if he actually talked to me.”

            The seven of you filed out and you waved goodbye to them as you walked to your post. The pool was insanely huge and already people were mobbing the line, ready for entrance. Out of curiosity, you kept your eyes out for the hot coworker but never saw him. There were other guys and they were more than willing to talk.

            One of them even had the guts to ask you out on a first date. But you only waved him off cheerfully, declining. You weren’t out to look for a summer romance. It was just a job. Friends and money welcome, flings, not so much.

            You sat in your chair and focused on alert. The majority of the swimmers were pretty experienced and you had no problem keeping them in line. The only issue you had was when a couple of kids got lost from their mothers.

            The afternoon came and you got off to take your break. “Did any of you see Daehyun?” the perky girl from before was asking. Nobody has seen him. She sighed in defeat. “Gosh, it’s just the first day of work. Why can’t he at least show this once?”

            By the time you got back, the pool was readying for its night shift. The pool closed fairly late and you were getting ready to go home. Your manager came out, looking slightly annoyed. “Hey, I’m so sorry, new girl!”

            You turned to him. “Yes?”

            “I know it’s your first day and all, but can you please stay for the night shift? I honestly. Aish. One of my staff dropped due to a family emergency and now I only have one person running it. Can I ask you to stay? I’ll up your salary for the two months you’re here.”

            You stared at him. Staying for another three hours? But then you thought of the money and how much it would be helpful for you to have the extra raise. You nodded. “Sure, but only for today.”

            He smiled gratefully and bowed. “Thank you! There aren’t a lot of people, so if you want to use the pool too, free access.”

            You nodded and sighed, trudging back to your post. There was a shuffle behind you and then someone spoke. “Why are you sitting back up there?” The words came slightly accented and your heart rate accelerated. Could it be possible that this was the elusive Daehyun?
            You turned and sure enough, he was there, smiling at you. He was even better looking in real life. His eyes had bags that welled slightly and his hair was swept off to the side. He was smiling amicably at you and a diamond stud shone in his left ear. But there was one thing that was off. He was fully dressed.

            He bowed. “Jung Daehyun. I am working the night shift with you tonight. And you are?”

            You told him your name and he gently picked up your hand and shook it. “Normally, I would kiss your hand, but I don’t know if that’s the American custom.” Your vision swam. Who is this piece of perfection and how does he exist?

            Daehyun sighed and settled back into one of the cots that were reserved for the customers. “So, this looks like an empty night. It’s the air show so nobody will want to come. I guess we have the entire pool to ourselves.”

            You nodded, unsure of where he’s getting at. “How long will you be staying here?”

            “Oh, I am attending college in the States and so this is a summer job. You?”

            “Same! I’m just here because I needed some cash. The student life is hard.” The two of you chatted for some time. You felt perfectly at ease. Normally, good looking people intimidated you but there was something relaxing and easygoing about Daehyun that you found engaging.

            When the moon rose, Daehyun stopped talking and grinned at you. “Do you want to swim in the pool? We’re closing in half an hour and we still have yet to make use of this wonderful facility.”

            You looked at him with an arched eyebrow. “You’re fully dressed. Do you have swim trunks underneath?” It was a little embarrassing to ask, but he chortled and gave you a sly wink.

            “Who needs swimming trunks?” He continued to laugh and didn’t break eye contact with you. “I’ll just go in .” 

 

plot requested by nallaligirl aka paigelarynn XD

HELLO UNNI

GAH MY FEELS

EVERYWHERE

kay time to study ^^