Daehyun 36

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You struggled with your squirmy daughter. “Jaylie, please, come take a bath!” She shook her head stubbornly and stomped her foot. Her pajamas were halfway off and you lunged for her again. This time she ran down the hallway, the sleeves bouncing along behind her.

            “Daddy!” she called for her father. You ran after her. Daehyun was taking care of your three month old son. He did not have time to be distracted by a whiny three year old. You swiped at the sleeves and hissed, “Jaylie, get back here!”

            Daehyun stuck his head out from the nursery and placed a finger on his lips. “Shh, your little brother wants to sleep. Be a big girl and go take a bath okay?”

            Her lower lip stuck out and she was visibly hurt by the rejection. You picked her up and trying to soothe her, tapped her nose. “You heard daddy, let’s go be a big girl and leave the boys alone okay? Who needs them? Let’s have a girls’ party.”

            She opened ready to protest but saw that her father had already disappeared. Jaylie sniffled and rubbed her eyes. She wrapped her arms around you and leaned her head against your chest, taking in deep breaths as she tried not to cry. You sighed. She was such a daddy’s girl.

            “Don’t you want Daemin to be a healthy baby?”

            Jaylie splashed her arm through the bubbles and shook her head vigorously, spraying some shampoo onto you. “Daemin is stealing Daddy away,” she sulked.

            You rubbed your daughter’s head and tilted her hair under the showerhead. You gently ran the warm water. She closed her eyes and you used a palm to keep the water from running into her face. “Jayjay, sit down and cover your ears. You don’t want to get water in your ears, honey.” She giggled and flattened her ears.

            “Like this?” You nodded and massaged her head. When you were done, you grabbed a towel and wrapped her hair. You took the shower head and rinsed off the soap from the bubbles. She stomped her foot and squeezed her rubber duck.

            “Mommy, does Daddy not love me anymore?” Her lip quivered and she didn’t struggle when you lifted her out of the bathtub. You kissed her forehead and swaddled her in the towel.

            “Of course he does! It’s just right now he’s busy with your little brother. Daemin’s been really picky and not eating too much these days. Daddy’s trying to see if he can get him to eat some more.”

            “Stupid Daemin. He’s so useless. All he does is sleep and cry. Even Mommy forgets about Jaylie.” She crossed her arms and turned her head to the side.

            You knelt down and helped pull her shirt on. “Come on, let’s go see how Daemin’s doing. And you can’t blame him. He’s still a little baby. He still doesn’t know how to speak yet. When he does, you will have to take good care of him.”

            “He’s boring,” she whined. “I don’t wanna see him. I want to see Daddy.”

            You picked her up and settled her against your arm. “We’re going to see them both.”

            But she kicked and screamed the entire way. “No! Hate Daemin! He’s so boring! I don’t want to, Mommy, please!” Her tantrum was back and she was howling.

            You tapped her cheek. “Stop. Jaylie, you don’t want to wake Daemin up, do you?”

            “It’s always Daemin! Mommy doesn’t love me! Daddy doesn’t love me!” she kicked you and you nearly dropped her.

            Daehyun stuck his head out the door and his face was creased into a frown. “Jung Jaylie! What are you doing? Your brother is sick and trying to sleep. Why are you causing such a raucous?”

            Her tears didn’t stop but she stopped crying. You patted her back and carried her into her room. You tucked her into her bed and kissed her tears away. “Daddy will be here in a little while. Do you want mommy to sing you to sleep?” She nodded, sniffling and pulling her Kekemato doll closer to her. You sang her favorite lullaby until her eyes closed. You wiped away the still glittering tracks on her cheek and turned off the light.

            You tiptoed into the nursery and Daehyun looked up. He was smiling as proud as he had when both your children were born. His right hand was patting Daemin’s chest and you saw that your son was awake. You stood next to him and he grinned.

            “He finished drinking all the milk,” he said proudly. You placed your hands on his shoulder and peered over. Sure enough, your baby was sporting a milk mustache and drooling but the bottle in his tiny hands was empty.

            He let out a tiny cough and Daehyun picked him up, patting his back to burp him. For a second your baby’s face contorted and your hands reached out for him. But then he burped and his eyes closed with satisfaction. He gently placed his head against his father’s shoulder and fell asleep. Daehyun stood up and placed him in his crib.

            He steered you out into the hallway and leaned his forehead against yours. You giggled at him and his eyes crinkled as he couldn’t contain his happiness. He leaned in and kissed you, his arms wrapping around your waist. He twirled you around and you clung onto his neck.

            “He’s finally getting better.” Daehyun whispered against your neck. “Our baby is going to be okay.”

            You laughed and pulled away. “Go check on your daughter though. I think the poor darling’s so jealous, you can’t tell her from the Grinch.”

            Daehyun rolled up his sleeves. “Super daddy, here I come, Jaylie!” You shook your head as he zoomed into your daughter’s room.

 

requested by Anon A and requiemofarebel

stupid Jung Daehyun

if I could, I would just never write B.A.P again. Messing with my feels.

Especially him.

Why do I even like him so much?