Jongup 39

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “Welcome to another episode of All You Can Eat” the MC announced. “Today’s judges will be the new hip hop boy group that has taken the industry by storm, six warriors from another planet, landing on earth to try our food. Welcome B.A.P!”

            The curtains parted to reveal six young men who walked out, bowing politely. You shifted and tried to hide your nerves by clasping your hands together. The last thing you wanted to do was to be mistaken for a fangirl when in actuality, you were just nervous about the show. The boys made their introductions and it was your turn.

            You tried to smile with confidence but it was faltering. You liked to cook and you had graduated from an excellent culinary arts school but you weren’t ready to share with the world yet.

            “This is _____. She just graduated from the Sookmyung Academy. Also known as the Le Cordon Bleu, the school has graduated top chefs and is known for its balance of Korean cuisine and French style. Please welcome her and eat her food well. She comes with high recommendations from her teachers and also prepared three dishes for you.”

            The six boys clapped and whooped, excited to eat. You uncovered one of the plates and placed the lid down. They crowded near you and you pointed out the mushroom fettucine. “This is a specialty my professor taught me. This is the mushroom alfredo fettucine. I added a secret ingredient and if you eat it, you’re going to taste a bit of Korea in it. Please help yourselves.”

            Daehyun, you read his name off the nametag, bounced happily on the balls of his feet. “Can you put the noodles on a plate for us?” he asked you, whipping his hair out of his eyes and smiling winsomely at you.

            You quickly doled out the food and handed it to each of them. They bowed politely to you and you realized you had left one out. You turned around quickly only to nearly smash the plate into Jongup’s chest.

            “Oh, I’m sorry!” you apologized as you tried to steady the plate. He grinned and held the plate for you.

            “No problem. I was lurking on your other side anyway. It smells really good,” he inhaled and brought the fork to his mouth.

            You watched the noodles disappear and he nodded in appreciation. Around you, the members were also enjoying their food. Youngjae raised his hand and spoke with his mouth slightly full. “Is the secret ingredient curry? It tastes a little spicy.”

            You shook your head, amused. They weren’t too scary an audience and they seemed to really like your food. Jongup thought a bit and Zelo guessed, “Hot peppers?”

            “Nope, guess again.”

            “Chili pepper flakes!” Jongup shouted.

            You looked at him in surprise. The boys were right in that you had added spice, but nobody was ever as accurate as this. Jongup smiled sheepishly. “My mom uses it all the time. And I recognized the slightly crushed red shreds in the noodles.”

            You moved to the other table where a grill was sizzling. The smell of slightly charred meat rose in the air once you removed the metal dish cover. “Wow,” they breathed as they observed the smoking meat.

            “This is a Taiwanese influenced steak dish. I used the sauce they specialized for this and added a side of kimchi for flavor. Please crack the egg yolk and let it run over the steak slightly.” They followed your instructions and you waited for their response.

            “We will watch you eat one by one and each of you will be making a ten second commercial for the food. We’ll start from Zelo.”

            The tall maknae took a generous bite and closed his eyes. “Yummy!” he opened his eyes and smiled happily.

            When it was Jongup’s turn, he cut off a large hunk of meat and tore into it enthusiastically. He chewed and his eyes flew open as his entire facial countenance changed. “I want to marry the chef!”

            At this, everyone laughed and you blushed. You had to admit, out of all the six members, you liked Jongup the most. His enthusiasm seemed the most genuine and he was constantly happy. He winked at you and continued to eat as the rest of the members performed their little skits.

            When you took away their plates, Jongup lowered his voice a little. “I really wasn’t joking when I said that. I would totally want to marry you if you can make that for me anyday.”

            You pretended to be offended. “You know, one good lesson to learn from this is that you never propose solely because of food. What if you depend on me too much and I poison your food?”

            Jongup smiled again. Nothing could perturb him. “Then I would die with a stomach full of good food.” His good humor made you laugh and the cameras swung to catch the interaction between the two of you.

            The final food presentation was of a pastry you had made out of red bean paste and sticky flour. You rolled it in peanut powder and gave one to each of the members. When you passed his to Jongup, you flashed him a blinding smile. “The poison is on the inside. Eat well please.”

            He took a large bite and then pretended to gag goofily. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and he dropped to the floor. “Help! I’ve been poisoned by my potential girlfriend!”

            You realized what he said and quickly slapped a hand over his mouth. “Jongup! We just met!” you hissed.

            He sat up and shrugged. “So what? I believe in love at first sight. And believe me, when I saw your food, I fell head over heels.” 

 

requested by kainia 

♥