Youngjae 27

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “Don’t cry, don’t cry,” Youngjae coaxed and bounced his son up and down. The infant wailed and attempted to turn in his father’s arms. His face was scarlet from crying and the new father was at an utter loss. What did one do when one’s son was screaming loud enough to replicate fangirls at a concert? To make matters worse, they were outside and people were beginning to stare.

            His son hiccupped and squirmed. Youngjae bit his lips, regretting not giving him the stuffed toy he had wanted. Youngjae had a meeting to go to and he had been left with Youngsik to act as babysitter.

            Youngjae had woken up slightly late and if it weren’t for the spam of text messages on his phone, he would have completely forgotten about his very important meeting. He had rolled out of bed and took a rapid shower, cursing all the way. He would have left until he heard a loud cry from the nursery.

            His entire day fell apart and he texted Daehyun, asking him to tell their boss to excuse him for another hour. They were understanding, as they knew that newborns took a big toll on the body and so Youngjae now had bought himself another hour.

            He ran into the bedroom and picked up Youngsik. He didn’t even need to check to know what the problem was. Youngjae’s nose crinkled as he placed the baby down on the dressing mat. He angled his face away, scared of what the baby would do. He would not want pee all over his face. He picked up a clean diaper and had the powder ready right next to him.

            Youngjae carefully peeled away the dirtied pamper and groaned at the site that came to view. He picked Youngsik up and placed him in the bath tub. “Aish, you couldn’t have dirtied yourself when mommy was home? Aish, you better hope your grandmamma gets better soon or else you’ll have to deal with daddy for a while.”

            His son waved his arms and grinned toothlessly. Youngjae smiled and picked his son up, patting his behind. “Okay, time to get you dressed.” He carefully applied the powder and once more wrapped his baby in a clean diaper. “There, all happy?”

            Youngjae picked his son up with one arm and walked into the kitchen. He found the baby bottle filled with its formula and smiled. He heated it and Youngjae grabbed an already made sandwich, mentally reminding himself to give his wife a big kiss when he sees her next.

            He hurriedly choked down the coffee and adjusted his tie when suddenly there was a loud cry. Youngsik had managed to get on the floor and was now placing the ear of a teddy bear in his mouth. He gnawed on it and drooled all over himself. He stared up at his father and grinned sheepishly, cooing and kicking his legs happily.

            Youngjae sighed and bent down, careful not to dirty his dress pants. He tugged the bear away and Youngsik’s mouth formed a surprised ‘O.’ There was a pause and Youngjae didn’t even have time to react when Youngsik started crying, wailing.

            He was going to remain firm. His son was going to learn from a young age that he was not going to get everything he wanted in life and that he would have to live with it. Right now, Youngjae had to take him out to a meeting and the bear was not to come.

            He picked up his son and said sternly, “No. Yoo Youngsik, we’re going to go out now and you’re going to stop crying.” As if an infant would listen. He only tossed his head back and continued crying as if his life depended on it.

            Youngjae thought and realized that it would be a long walk to where he had parked the car last night. He groaned. Taking a distressed baby into the streets would be painful. But he was going to do it. He only had half an hour to get to the meeting and he was going to teach his son discipline.

            Youngsik cried harder when he went outside. The sun had beamed right into his eyes and now he was uncomfortable as well. Youngjae awkwardly bopped him up and down and whispered soothing words in his ears. “Please,” he begged, “be good for daddy.”

            His son shook his head and the people walking on the streets started giving him dirty looks. Youngjae sighed and conceded. “Okay, you little monster, you win. What do you want?”

            Youngsik pouted and his sobbing slowed. He blinked at his father and Youngjae breathed a little easier. He whispered, “Don’t tell mommy okay? We’re going to buy you ice cream when daddy’s done with his meeting okay?”

            Young as he was, Youngsik knew a defeated tone when he heard and he cooed, giggling. He quickly placated and allowed his father to jiggle him up and down as Youngjae got into the car. He buckled his son into the car seat and sighed in relief.

            Disciplining the boy will have to come later. Just as he pulled up to the building, his phone buzzed with a text. Youngjae mumbled angrily, “I’m coming,” thinking it was his boss. But when he checked, he saw that it was from his wife.

            “How are my boys doing? Mom’s getting better, so I should be back in two days.”

            Youngjae suddenly grinned and winked at his son. “We’re doing just fine, aren’t we, Youngsikkie?” He kissed his son’s nose and whispered, “Ice cream later, but then daddy will teach you not to put toys in your mouth okay?”

 

requested

OMG I'M GOING TO GO INSANE

ADJGKHADJGHADJGHADJHGDA OH MY HEART. 

I'M SITTING HERE WAITING FOR IT TO LOAD TO 1080

ADJKGHAD

AND IT'S LOADING SO DARN SLOWLY

CRYING HERE

ARGH

SORRY FEELS. MY FEELS ARE GOING INSANE

OMG

OTU OF COMMISSION

himchan and jongup sings and ahgadjgha baby zelo

and of course there's youngjae and yongguk and i cried when daehyun was shot

and daedaes perfect

and dead

///