Yongguk 53

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            “Don’t be so worried. You’re just meeting the people I normally hang out with.” I tugged on her hand. She pouted up at me and squinted her eyes.

            “Meh, you said Daehyun’s my age? What about the others? Why haven’t I ever met them?”

            I laughed and pulled her a little bit closer to avoid a speeding bicycle. “You’re new to the neighborhood. Todays’ the first day of school. How could you have met them? A word to the wise though, avoid Himchan’s greasy clutches.”

            She pretended to be betrayed. “I trusted you and the first day you throw me to a ert?” I looked down at her, watching her hair swing along the sides of her face. How had two weeks of showing her around the neighborhood attracted me so much to her?

            We turned the corner and walked up the slope to school. The three of them were sitting on the lawn. Youngjae and Daehyun appeared to be bickering and Himchan was eating his breakfast.

            “Yongguk!” He stood and waved. I pulled her hand and we ran up to meet them. Since school ended, I haven’t seen any of them. Daehyun and Youngjae whooped and ran towards us as well. Even though they were three years younger, we all knew each other from taekwondo back in the day.

            “Hyung!” Daehyun stopped in front of us and I suddenly remembered that I had someone for them to meet.

            “Guys, meet a newcomer to our circle.” I told them her name and introduced her to the others. Himchan walked over, taking his time, and held out a hand.

            “Kim Himchan at your service. How may I help a pretty lady like you?”

            She wrinkled her nose and whispered to me, “I’m assuming this is the greaseball you warned me about?”

            “Bang Yongguk! Who are you calling a greaseball?”

            I led her to the bench and sat her down. “Here, I brought breakfast for you too. Daehyun!” He walked over. “She’s going to be in your classes so take care of her okay?”

            I saw him look at her and he nodded. “Yeah, sure. Do you play soccer?”

            She laughed. “Yeah. I’ll be the goalie and lie in front of the net, hoping my body can block the ball. I’ll even be the goal post, just don’t make me run.”

            Daehyun grinned and I saw her start to warm towards him. Well, darn, he was an attractive boy. All the girls liked him, why should she be any different? A tiny voice nagged in the back of my head. Because I like her, that’s why. Daehyun motioned us over.

            “Come on, you and me versus Youngjae and Yongguk-hyung. Himchan’s just going to ref.”

            I didn’t like the way he took her on his team but I didn’t say anything. Daehyun needed some confidence, growing up in such a demanding family. I’ll let him be.

            It didn’t take her long to get used to us and the school. She became friends with all of us, especially close with Daehyun. My one solace was that she still trusted all her secrets with me. Because we lived nearby, we always went home together and she wouldn’t waste a second before spilling all her worries to me.

            “Hey, Yongguk? My math test is going to be so hard. Do you think you can help me?”

            I nodded at her. “Yeah, why not? Come over? My mom’s making a really good dinner today.” She stole her hand into mine and squeezed it.

            “Yay, you’re the best!”

            We talked every day and each day, I fell for her just a little more. But I knew I had competition. Daehyun didn’t bother hiding the fact that he liked her. Whenever we hung out, he flirted shamelessly with her and she would laugh, responding. When it came time for the semi-formal, I knew I had this one chance to ask her before he did.

            “Okay, I need to find a way to ask _____ to the dance,” Daehyun confided in us. “Do you think she likes me back though? It would be super embarrassing if I got rejected.”

            Youngjae reassured him profusely. “You just need to find a good time and be yourself. Don’t make it too extravagant. I don’t think that’s her style.” I kept quiet. I knew exactly what type of proposal she wanted. She had told me about it the other day.

            The two of them walked off, discussing what Daehyun would do. Himchan nudged me. “Well, this is awkward.”

            “What?”

            He rolled his eyes. “Don’t tell me you don’t like her. I see the way you look at her. What are you going to do about it?”

            I deflated. “I don’t know.”

            “If you want, I can delay Daehyun and you can make your move. You don’t normally like girls. This is a special occasion. And I know you like her a lot.”

            I shrugged. “I don’t want to hurt Daehyun. And if you really must know, she likes him.”

            Himchan winced. “Are you sure about that?”

            “I’m guessing. Even if she doesn’t, I’m pretty sure if he asks her, she wouldn’t say no.”

            “If she likes you, wouldn’t it be better for her to go with someone she does like?”

            “Daehyun,” was my only answer. Himchan rolled his eyes and I heard him mutter something about being a “masochistic martyr, an idiot who wouldn’t go for what he wanted.” But I shrugged it away. I saw myself as Daehyun’s blood older brother. I can’t ruin his happiness.

            He proposed to her and dragged me along. “I need your presence for moral support,” he confessed. “You know her so well. This way I can be sure not to do something wrong.”

            I smiled and clapped him on the back. “Go for it.” Himchan sighed audibly next to me but I ignored him. Daehyun saw her coming and for a second, ducked behind me. I pushed him out. “Daehyunnie, fighting!” I whispered.

            I listened to his love song and heard the poem he wrote just for her. I watched her eyes light up with happiness and her shriek of excitement as she said yes. I watched them kiss and would have continued to stand there but Himchan pulled my arm.

            “That’s enough, Yongguk.” He said firmly.

            I pasted a smile on my face and waved a hand to her. He was still twirling her around and for a second, our eyes met. She winked at me and mouthed a thank you. I nodded at her and walked away. At least I can say I brought them together. 

 

requested by waffyeols 

yay for some drama-like plots LOL i don't even know

who here is watching Substitute Princess?

let us spazz together.