Yongguk 29

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

 

            You threw open the doors to your closet and immediately started to pack everything in sight. Your shoulders shook from anger and you tried to control your breathing. This wasn’t the right time, the good time, to have an emotional breakdown. You needed out.

            It was the same argument over and over again. You didn’t give him enough time. You jumped to conclusions too quickly. You were always complaining too much about his schedules. It wasn’t your fault that he was always so busy. You had just expressed how much you wanted to see him more and then Yongguk had exploded.

            He was being downright unreasonable, meaner than he should be. You grabbed a sweater and threw it into the suitcase, pulling shirt after shirt off the racks. A logical part in you wanted you to stop and think but that was out of the question today. You wanted out.

            He had left immediately after the argument. Normally the two of you would tiptoe around each other, letting the other fester. But not today. Today’s fight had been an escalating, decibel shattering, voice screeching, objects being thrown affair. You were absolutely done. It was too much. Whenever he came home stressed, his first victim would always be you.

            It hadn’t always been this way. Maybe time wore on the both of you. Maybe he was starting to fall out of love. Maybe you were just starting to be a little more selfish. Maybe you just didn’t want to place him first all the time. Whatever the reason was, the two of you have changed. And there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

            You cursed and struggled with the jammed zipper. Who knew how long he would be out? You wanted to have cleared out and to be gone before he came back. The taxi you had called had arrived. You heard the tires crunching on the gravel. You glanced around the room.

            There was hardly anything left. The rest, he can throw out or you can come back for later. Red haze still blinding you, you stepped out the door. The air was refreshing but your heart was still in turmoil. You didn’t want to think, to listen to reason. You liked this moment of spontaneity. Let him get what he deserved.

            You got into the taxi and just when it made a U-turn, you recognized his car coming back. You could see Yongguk’s profile and hid down so he couldn’t see you. The lights were still on in the house. Maybe he wouldn’t know what had happened just yet. But, with a small smug grin, you realized, he will soon enough.

            Life with your best friend wasn’t much to be adjusted to. You’ve lived with her before you moved in with your boyfriend. She welcomed you back heartily. The two of you had fun bashing him for being a dominant male, the self-proclaimed superior who clearly had no idea what he was doing because he lost you, didn’t he?

            You found yourself smiling more. But not for good reasons. Yes, she made you laugh but when she made jabbing comments about Yongguk, a part of you wanted to defend him. But you didn’t because that would go against what you did.

            It still made you furious to know that he blamed all the source of your arguments on you. It wasn’t as if he’s never came home and just simply exploded. But no, that’s because he was stressed. What were you? An emotionless couch potato? Yet sometimes at night, you dreamed for him.       

            Times, you would wake up with tear tracks across your cheeks simply because you missed him so damned much. You craved for his soft kisses and for his warmth. He was still who he was. Maybe he was right. You had to learn to adjust. But only if he would too.

            You stepped out onto the porch, trying to calm yourself. It has been a week. The week had been a taste of freedom, but at the same time, it also exemplified what you had lost. You held your arms tightly to you and sighed. Maybe this was why couples separated. They have misunderstandings and never bother to work them out.

            A figure stepped into the light. You gasped and snapped your head up. It was Yongguk. He looked so tired. His face was drawn and you could see gaunt shadows hollowing his cheeks. His eyes were lifeless as he stared at you. You whimpered. Poor baby. He walked closer to you, a robotic march rather than the more confident gait you were used to.

            You stepped off the porch and found yourself moving towards him. You wanted to run at him and to throw your arms around him. You wanted to erase this past week. But instead, you stared at him. He looked down into your eyes.

            “I’m sorry.” His voice was hoarse and scratchy, the result of many days without sleep. You couldn’t tear your eyes away. You let out a tiny sob and his arms automatically came up to encase you in his protection.

            “I promise to change.”

            He kissed the top of your head. “Don’t change. Adjust. I promise too.”

            You held onto him, breathing in his familiar smell and closed your eyes. This was what you wanted. You held up your pinky, a small grin forming on your face. “Promise?”

            Yongguk smiled. “Promise.”

 

Requested by romeoxjuliette13 

I hope you enjoy honey~

o check out my HImchan drabble if you like people ^^  Thank you to all who already subscribed ;;