Zelo 35

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You glanced over at the large table. They were all laughing again. You bit your lip and looked down shyly. He was there, laughing along with the rest of them, occasionally running his hands through his curly hair.

            “Are you looking at senpai again?” your friend nudged you playfully and you nearly spilled your milk all over yoru uniform.

            “S-senpai? What in the world are you talking about?” you glared at her.

            She smiled evilly. “Don’t think I don’t see you oh-so surreptitiously look over at that table over there.”

            You scowled and scarfed down the rest of your sandwich, coughing as you did so. “I don’t know what you’re going on about but I need to get to class.” You stood up and walked to the trash can. Halfway to the table, you tripped over a small napkin and nearly fell onto your face. But someone grabbed your arm and pulled you up.

            You looked up at your savior. It was Junhong. Your mouth fell open and you turned bright red. “Uh, thank you so much. Clumsy, you know.”

            You smiled and brushed your hair back awkwardly. He flashed you his famous smile and you nearly tripped again. His hand lingered on your arm for a few seconds more. “_____, right?”

            You nodded, surprised he even knew your name. He smiled. “You draw really well. I especially like your sculptures. They’re really realistic. That’s talent.” You gave him a grateful smile.

            “Junhong, come on! It’s your turn!” a girl called from his table. He turned away and nodded at her.

            “Oh, right, right, coming,” he replied. You gave a wan smile and took the opportunity to walk away. The entire time as you walked up the stairs to the art room, you wandered what to do about your crush. Junhong was someone way out of your league. There was no way he would ever like someone like you.

            You sighed as you reached the last platform. Your knees were screaming in protest. In order to give yourself more time to think, you had walked up all ten flights of stairs. You had liked him for the longest time. You knew every little thing about him, including what he liked. You remembered from elementary school that he was a juice box addict. He always came to school packed with three juices in his box.

            You grinned to yourself and walked into the classroom. Your teacher was there, bent over your painting. “This is great. I liked the idea of mixing the two colors.”

            You dipped your head humbly. “Thank you, teacher.” You waited a few minutes before opening your mouth to ask your teacher for your favor. “Is it possible for me to do a sculpture for my final project?”

            She straightened and smiled. “You’re our best sculptor. I will let you do this. It would be my honor to help you.”

            You grinned and took out a picture of Junhong. “I sort of want to model the sculpture after this boy. Is it possible? As a birthday gift,” you added quickly before she could think of anything else.

            She smiled knowingly. “Of course. You can use my studio anytime.”

            You thanked her profusely and put on your apron, ready to get to work. You stayed in the pottery room for the entire afternoon, staying after school every day. When you finally finished, you painted it carefully, trying to emulate his every feature. You grinned as you painted over his curly hair. You had gone for a more comical look, so that he didn’t look like a person and the sculpture was more like a cartoon version of Junhong.

            The day when you decided to reveal yourself, you woke up extra early. You went to school before anyone and carefully went to his locker. You placed a juicebox in front of his locker and led a trail, one of every flavor, of juices straight out to the back of the school.

            You had placed the sculpture in the middle of the school gardens and you knew that if anyone else found it before he did, you would be in big trouble. It would be the biggest joke alive. You carefully placed the last juice, grape flavored, his favorite, in front of the sculptor and realized you forgot the note.

            You ran back in and slipped the note in his locker and ran out bumping intoJunhong as he was walking into the school. He caught you before you fell. “We have to stop meeting like this,” he joked. You swallowed and nodded.

            “Yeah, yeah.”

            You stayed outside and counted the minutes for him to follow your trail out. What was taking him so long? You waited and waited, checking your phone. Finally, the doors were pushed open and you saw him walk out, holding onto your note and sipping the juice. You grinned to yourself. Old habits never die.

            Junhong walked down the steps and your heart squeezed tightly when you saw his face brighten as he saw another juicebox. He bent down and picked it up. “Another one?”

            You moved silently out of his way and watched as he followed along towards the back of the garden. You followed him silently. He stopped in front of the sculpture and stared at it. He touched his own hair and grinned.

            “Like I said, you’re so talented,” he called out.

            You let out a squeal. How had he found out? Junhong his heel and smiled straight at you. “Thank you. It’s well made. I love it.”

            You looked down. “You’re welcome.”

            Then he smiled. “You even remember that I like grape juice.”

            You nodded. Junhong ran at you and twirled you in the air. “Do you have something to say to senpai?”

            You stared at him. “Senpai?”

            Your friend popped out from another corner. “I had to tell him. Which idiot would just follow such a random note? Ugh, you’re impossible. You should have told him straight. This is too cryptic. I had to tell him so he wouldn’t think you were some creep.”

            You looked at Junhong and he smiled brightly. He kissed your cheek. “Senpai likes it very much,” he whispered.

            You stuck out your tongue at him and crossed your eyes. He was just as perfect as you had thought him to be. 

 

requested by honola

adorable Zelo ;;