Zelo 4

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            It was the end of the first day of school. The principal had announced for everyone to report to the makeshift auditorium, the gymnasium, to listen to his welcome speech. Your friends squeezed themselves into the front row, dragging you with them. You sighed, not wanting to endure half an hour of this tedious boredom.

            The principal was late and for twenty minutes, the entire school buzzed around you, happy conversation, girls squealing and guys joking. Your friends tried to incorporate you into their chatter, but you were in no mood to speak. There was only one group of people missing and you were glad. You didn’t need to deal with them right now.

            The principal finally walked in and stepped to the podium. As expected, the speech was peppered with clichés and encouragements, none of which made it particularly interesting to listen to. You zoned out slightly and were only alerted that the principal had finished when the buzzing started again. But then everything hushed again.

            The doors to the gymnasium were pushed open and a group of people walked in. There was a loud cheer and you grimaced. Great, you had lasted the whole day without running into him and just when you thought you could escape, he comes in. His posse follows and you decided to just pretend you didn’t see him.

            But Zelo’s eyes had caught sight of you and he honed in. He smiled his most flattering smile and winked at you. A microphone magically appeared in his hand and he bowed to you. He stuck a hand out at you and started to rap,

Baby girl, you’re beautiful

You’re the only one

If you’ll give me this one more chance

I’ll show you that I can get things done

I promise I won’t break your heart again

I promise I’ll do it all over

Just let me hug you again

And call you my lover”

            You turned red and gave him an incredulous look. The rest of the school looked on at the unfolding drama and you wanted to cry. Leave it to him to break your heart and then to humiliate you in front of new classmates.

            “Stop,” you whispered to him and he looked at you with sorrow in his eyes.

            “I’m really sorry, though.” And he was. He hadn’t realized how much you liked him when he broke up with you. It was childish but he thought a reputation was more important and to be seen dating the new girl would have been tacky, especially when you haven’t really meshed well with his other friends.

            You curled your hands and stood there, not sure if you wanted to push past him when he clapped his hands. His older brother came in and music started blasting from the speakers. You recognized the song. He had told you he was writing a song in the summer and had shown you one night.

            He had asked you to sing a female part and you had agreed, thinking it was all a joke. He saw Zelo run to the middle of the large room and start to rap, the familiar beat bursting against your eardrums. His rap was even better live and his brother’s deep voice complemented perfectly.

            Then the chorus came on and you startled to hear your voice. What the heck? He was staring at you, watching you as you automatically started to mouth along with the words. There was a small smile on his face as he did a cartwheel and ended up in front of you.

            He grabbed your hand and the entire audience started to clap along to the beat.

Never give up,

Cheer up towards your dreams

Never give up

Get up, get up, you can do it”

            The entire place seemed to be encouraging him as he twirled you around. You tried to force a smile down as he continued to dance around you. He squeezed your hand tightly and while everyone was singing, he whispered to you, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to end things between us. I was stupid. If you knew how much you meant to me, if you know how much life you brought to me this summer, I think you would know that I’m not lying.”

            He was still dancing so nobody could know that the two of you were talking. You glared at him, all the anger back again. “You told me that you didn’t date strangers. You told me that you didn’t know me well enough. You told me you regretted giving me hope.”

            Zelo looked down in shame. “I’m sorry. I was too shallow and I didn’t realize how much that would hurt you.”

Never give up

Because it’s you, it’s you

Believe in yourself

Never give up”

            The song continued to play and you sensed the ending chords. You looked at him and he dropped to his knees and pulled a bouquet of roses from inside his jacket. The music ended on time and loudly, he asked, “Will you forgive this pabo and be my girlfriend?”

            You took the flowers from him and for a second he brightened. Then you stuck out your tongue so he knew you were joking, “Never give up. Keep trying.” You walked out the gym, leaving him staring after you with a bewildered look.

 

First day of senior year. Yay. My schedule is !@____@

Them four APs and Genetics Research. Shoot me now and AP Mandarin has been infiltrated by juniors. I can't.

._______.

BUT ZELO high school angst/fluff request

memmma, the NEXT one is the Zelo you're waiting for