Daehyun 13

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

            You grimaced as the pair of puckered lips came at you once more. You turned your cheek and he landed against your ear. It was so slobbery, you shuddered. The boy pouted. “Ya, why must you always play hard to get?”

            You stood up, more than a little flustered. “We’re not even dating. Please keep your lips to yourself.”

            He snarled and you walked away. Ever since high school, you’ve had your own special stalker. He was good at it, memorizing your schedule, predicting your routes and was a master at cornering you. Somehow today, he managed to coerce you into having a conversation with him. A conversation that consisted of his clumsy groping and your shying away.

            The look on your face must have given you away because your best friend laughed out loud when he saw you. He was a year older than you and had already graduated, taking a year off before going to college. Daehyun lounged outside the school campus and was waiting for you.

            “Another love-crossed encounter with Mr. Sneaky Stalker?”

            You scowled. “Shut up and take me home. I’m so tired of him. This time he decides to touch me and tried to kiss me.” You shuddered at the memory.

            “This isn’t the only time, you know,” Daehyun pointed out. “You do realize that you can always go to some sort of authority about this. He’s ridiculous.”

            “I know, but I don’t want to stir trouble. He’s not really harassing me and I don’t want the other students to know.”

            He bumped your shoulder. “Want me to do something about it?”

            You laughed. “If you’re planning on beating him up, don’t. He’s too scrawny and you would be arrested.”

            He was silent for a while. When you neared your neighborhood, he spoke up. “You know, we can always play him a prank. I think it would be quite fitting, after all these years of torture he’s put you through.”

            You looked at him and he grinned. The sun caught his dark hair and his spikes casted shadows on his cheekbones. “Prank?”

            He slung an arm around your shoulder. “How about you and I pretend to be dating?” Your mouth fell open. He chuckled when he saw your face. “I mean, why not? It’s not like I’m hideously ugly and I have nothing better to do. My job at the bank doesn’t start for two weeks. That should be long enough to convince your stalker that you are well off limits.”

            Your heart raced for reasons unknown and Daehyun grinned at you. “It’ll be fun,” he cajoled. “I’ll be the best boyfriend you’ve ever had.”

            “Don’t be stupid, you know I’ve never had a boyfriend before.”

            “Well, first is the best.”

            “First,” you placed in quotation marks. “You don’t count. It’s all pretend.”

            He rolled his eyes in exasperation. “Goodness, you’re so technical. You knew what I meant. So I’m assuming you’re fine with it?”

            “How do you do this?”

            “The teachers love me. I’ll tell them I have a research coming up and I need access to the classrooms. I need to blend in with the students and observe various teaching styles and their students’ responses, something like that. Trust me, I’ve had all your teachers before. They would be eating out of my hand.”          

            It was true. Daehyun was something of a legend among teachers. He had aced every single test and was known to be the smartest kid in the school.

            “But won’t the other kids recognize you?”

            “Naw, I don’t mingle much with underclassmen. You were special. I’ll wear a disguise, whatever.”

            You smiled, starting to really buy into his plan, when something occurred to you. You peered at him suspiciously. “What are you going to get out of this?”

            “I’m not a mercenary.” He pretended to look offended. “I get to see someone’s little heart get broken.” He smiled cheerfully.

            Daehyun picked you up to go to school. Your mouth dropped open. He was wearing sunglasses and his normally spiked hair was combed down so it looked like a bowl cut, covering his ears. He struck a pose when he saw you, sticking out his tongue playfully.

            “Good?” he asked.

            You laughed out loud. “You look so dumb.”

            “Hey. You’re getting something out of this.”

            The teacher winked conspiratorially at him when the two of you walked in. This was your one class with the stalker. Daehyun gripped your hand tightly in his grasp. Everyone was watching. You were self-conscious as you noticed people whispering. But Daehyun acted perfectly normal.

            He took notes with the rest of you and you could see the creep craning his neck to peer at you. His face was a livid red. When the bell rang, Daehyun gallantly took your book bag and slipped an arm around your waist.

            “You know, I think this is working,” you whispered. The guy pushed past you and you could see that the tips of his ears were a bright scarlet. During lunch, it seemed as if the entire school was talking.

            Daehyun leaned against the bench, not caring about the stares you were getting. “School lunch still tastes horrible.”

            Suddenly, someone landed in the chair next to yours. Daehyun sat up, alert. “What do you want?”

            The object of your nightmares snarled. “I want to know where you came from. I have never seen you before and suddenly, you’re here, taking away my girl.”

            You held up your hands. “Whoa there, buddy. Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves.”

            At the same time, Daehyun sputtered, “Your girl?”  

            “Yeah. I’ve been trying to get her for years and suddenly you come in and bam, you’re holding hands and whatnot.”

            “For your information, she wants nothing to do with you.” He stood up, absolutely angry. You have never seen your best friend like this. “She can’t stand you. Every time you stalk her, she would come to me. Every time you try to talk to her, she tries to avoid you. Why don’t you just get the hint? This girl does not want to be anywhere near you.”

            His adversary turned an alarming shade of purple. “Do you hate me that much?” he asked you.

            Your mouth opened and closed, unsure of how to respond. “I guess I just didn’t like that you were following me around so much.”

            He grit his teeth and stood up. “Could have told me. I wouldn’t have wasted my time.” He put on a lofty, cold attitude and walked away.

            Daehyun smirked and reached over the table to give you a congratulatory high five. “Mission accomplished.”

            As you were walking home, you thrilled at the prospect of no longer having to find new routes to class. No longer did you have to master the art of ducking into empty classrooms. “Yeah, thanks Daehyun.”

            “You know,” he started. Your hands were swinging in his. “This was way too short for me.” He turned to you, looking serious now. “I really like you. I mean, I thought it was pretty obvious. I like you and I would be honored if you would be my girlfriend. Give me a chance? I promise, I’m nothing like that stalker you just got rid of.”

            You stared at him. “Are you serious?”

            “Hey, I thought I made it pretty clear when I offered to be your boyfriend. That was just my way of giving you a sneak peek of what you were going to get. You owe me. You asked what I would be getting out of it. This is it.”

            You started to laugh. “You idiot. All you had to do was ask, you know.” You winked at him. “I was wondering how long it would take for you to get the hint.”

 

Daehyun bff turned bf request 

double update :D