Daehyun 1 Part 1

B.A.P. Oneshots

 

“Oh my gosh!” Your friend clutched your arm. “Did you hear about the new student?”

            You gave her a look and coolly raised your eyebrows. “No. Was I supposed to?”

            She smacked your arm. “They call him Busan Wonbin because he’s really so handsome. Apparently he came to Seoul to study. He has this husky voice and the most amazing accent! Oh come on, stop it. You know you would totally want to check him out!”

            You shrugged. “He’s just another guy. I don’t put much faith in them. He’s probably just another pretty face, no substance.”

            She rolled her eyes. “Whatever. One less competition for me anyway. Omo! Look! I think he’s coming on campus!” She squealed and hurried away.

            You scoffed at her boy crazy behavior and watched the growing crowd from afar. You definitely appreciated a handsome face but when the boy was rumored to be this amazing, you had your suspicions about his integrity as well.

            You stood by the tree and crossed your arms, not caring a bit that your friend was waving to you. She was coming closer and in between all the girls, you could see a spiked up hair. He had dyed his hair a honey blonde and you rolled your eyes. Vain jerk.

            The mob came closer and you saw him, easily towering over all his simpering fan girls. He turned to you and you felt your heart catch. For just a moment. Then he smirked and all positive impressions fell away. He was the classic playboy. Of course he knew he was hot. He passed by and you walked into the school.

            Your day passed by relatively normally, with the occasional whisperings about the whereabouts of the new kid. Through the grape vines, you have found out that Mr. Busan Wonbin’s name was actually Jung Daehyun and that he was going to be part of some boy band. Great. As if he needed more girls to fawn over him.

            It was your last class of the day and you plopped into your usual seat when you felt the chair next to yours squeak and someone sat down. This was a surprise. Nobody wanted to sit up front so you were generally alone. You turned and nearly had a heart attack. Staring right at you was Daehyun. He tilted his head and looked at you from underneath his impossibly long lashes. This must be his signature look because he had the appeal perfected to the tier.

            You stared at him for a moment and a ghost of a smirk appeared around his lips. This caused you to crash back into reality and you looked away, not bothering to say anything. The teacher walked in and seemed flustered when Daehyun raised his hand.

            “Ms. Choi? Is it possible for me to do a self-introduction? I would like to have my peers get to know me better.” His voice was a husky deep, and you could hear the famed Busan accent your friend had freaked out about. There was a shadow of y tones in his voice.

            The teacher nodded and he loped to the front of the room. Bowing a full ninety degrees, he smiled. His megawatt smile showed off his perfect teeth and was enough to light up the faces of the girls in the classroom.

            “Annyeonghaseyeo! I’m Jung Daehyun and I hope you can all treat me well. I’m new so friends are always welcome.” The last line was directed at you and you raised an eyebrow at him. This seemed to amuse him because he did that signature smirk of his again and you heard girls sigh.

            He sat down and started to tap a rhythm with his fingers, tapping against the wood desk. The teacher had started writing notes and you noticed that he wasn’t doing anything. “Will you stop that?” you hissed at him.

            Daehyun turned to look at you. “What’s your name?”

            You shook your head. “I asked you to stop tapping. My name is irrelevant.”

            This caused him to smile. It was a nice smile, up close. He lost the arrogance and seemed to look like a genuinely happy teenage boy. “Wow. I’d like to know the name of the feisty girl whose command I have to follow you know.”

            You gave him an exasperated look and decided that it wasn’t worth it to argue. You went back to writing your notes and when the teacher walked out of the classroom for a second, the room exploded into chatter.

            You caught several girls looking at you enviously but you studiously reread your notes until the words blurred together. The teacher was taking an obnoxiously long time. “Hey,” you heard him whisper. “Is it just me or do you feel a lot of stares behind our backs?” He was leaning in so close you could smell his leathery, musky smell and you inched away.

            “Well you caused quite a stir among the ladies when you came.” You answered nonchalantly. His slim fingers were randomly tracing patterns on your notebook.

            He coughed and you looked at him. A twinkle appeared in his eyes. “What about you? Did my appearance cause a stir in the heart of this lady?”

            You scoffed. “Go back to your side of the table.”

            “Ah, denial. Avoidance of the question is always taken in the positive affirmation you know.” His eyes glanced over your notes and he said your name out loud, experimenting with it. The way it rolled off his tongue and came out wrapped in his husky voice caused you to shiver. No teenage student should be allowed to be this attractive. “It’s a pretty name.”

            Mercifully, the teacher walked in at this moment and you were saved the embarrassment of having to come up with a witty answer. Despite all your best intentions, his comment had gotten the better of you and your brain was now a tad mushy.

            Whatever the teacher said for the next twenty minutes was lost in the mess of your thoughts. You stole glances at him. He was bent over his notebook, finally taking notes and you noticed that his handwriting was thin and elegant, flowing across the paper. His head was bent low and you could smell the freshness of his shampoo. His broad shoulders were shaped nicely and you could see a hint of his profile.

            Too quickly for you to adjust, his head turned and he smiled right at you. This caught you off balance and you stared for a second longer before realizing and shifting your eyes a degree off his figure, pretending as if you were just looking afar.

            When the bell rang signaling the end of class, you packed quickly but he blocked your way. Amidst the commotion of all the other students, he leaned into you and whispered dangerously close to your ear, “Meet me by the terrace after school. Be there.” His breath tickled the strands of hair next to your neck and one hand came up to tuck it behind your ear.

            His other hand closed around yours and you felt voltage watts of shock spread up your arm. He winked and walked out the classroom. 

 

requested