Chapter 67-Will You Be My Happiness?

JeTi: The Life Journey

"Good night guys!"

Tiffany turned off the light in the hospital ward, plunging the room into total darkness before swiftly jogging back to Jessica's bed and hopping into it, causing a thump as she landed softly on Jessica's bed.

"Come here you." Jessica muttered as she wrapped her arm around Tiffany's shoulder and dragged her closer to herself so their bodies were touching each other.

The warmth that they felt from each other was really comfortable, and before long the felt their eyes get very heavy as they both yawned loudly at the same time, obviously exhausted from the long day that was soon going to pass by.

"Good night Jessi, love you." Tiffany muttered as she kissed Jessica's forehead before resting her head on Jessica's chest and closing her eyes, already halfway to dream land.

Jessica smiled as she Tiffany's head with her free hand before kissing her sleeping girlfriend's forehead too.

"Good night Tiff." Jessica muttered before she too fell asleep with her arm wrapped around Tiffany's shoulder.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Yoona and Krystal, being the naughty girls that they were, hadn't fell asleep yet. Instead, they were watching a movie on the TV hanging from the ceiling above them.

"That girl is so stupid! Why won't she just confess?" Krystal said as she huffed angrily, shaking her head at the main female character in the movie, thinking that her actions were the dumbest that she had ever seen. 

Yoona laughed as she ruffled the hair of the rather grumpy girl sitting next to her, finding the fact that her girlfriend could get so worked up over a movie hilarious.

"Yah, you have no right to say anything Soojungie." Yoona said to Krystal as she looked back up at the TV, where the main female character was now running away from the person that she loved.

Krystal turned to Yoona with a puzzled expression on her face, not getting what Yoona was trying to say.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Krystal asked Yoona, tapping her shoulder.

Yoona turned her attention back to Krystal as she was watching the movie quite attentively, as she couldn't seem to take her eyes away from the movie.

"What I mean is, you were exactly like that before." Yoona said while pointing at Krystal's face and pointing at the movie.

Krystal let out a gasp as she shook her head indignantly, not agreeing with Yoona at all.

"Nuh uh! I was never like that!" Krystal snapped back at her girlfriend, who was just scoffed.

"Yeah right. You couldn't even look me in the eye last year." Yoona said while acting like she was really shy, looking down at the bed while raising her eyes up to look at Krystal, mimicking what Krystal's behaviour was like before they had talked to each other and became what they were now.

Krystal's cheeks grew red as she huffed angrily and dove under the covers, pretending to be sleeping.

Yoona laughed as she rolled over to Krystal and kissed her cheek, causing Krystal to flinch.

"When your angry, your the most adorable version of my Soojungie." Yoona whispered to Krystal before turning off the TV and lying down on the bed, dozing off.

Krystal turned around to see that Yoona had fallen asleep, so she smiled as she rolled her eyes and kissed Yoona's forehead.

"Good night Yoongie. Love ya." Krystal muttered before she too fell asleep.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Naeun looked like she was trying her hardest to not touch Eunji as she scooted all the way to the end of the bed and became as rigid as a board, not even daring to look at Eunji.

Eunji pouted as she held her arms out to Naeun and made a whiny noise, gesturing for Naeun to move closer to her.

"Naeunie~ It's not comfortable lying there, come here~" Eunji whined as she grabbed Naeun's hand, pulling her closer to herself as Naeun shook her head profusely.

"Andwae! Unnie~" Naeun complained as Eunji hugged her tightly and dragged her to the bed.

"Mine." Eunji said before she dozed off with a smile on her face, her head instantly dropping as she landed on the pillows.

Naeun slowly broke free of Eunji's grip, carefully moving so she didn't wake her up but eventually, she managed to break free.

"Ah ha." Naeun muttered proudly as she moved as far away from Eunji as possible.

It wasn't that Naeun didn't like Eunji. Heck, she loved her. But she was just horribly shy.

Naeun grabbed a pillow and fell asleep at the end of the bed.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Eunji woke up late at night, her eyes still half shut as she looked at the clock displaying that it was 2am.

She felt that her arms were empty, and she started feeling everywhere for the person that was supposed to be in her arms, and she found her at the end of the bed.

However, the moment Eunji looked at Naeun, she suddenly burst into tears, letting go of all the pent up emotions that she had held in her the past few years.

Eunji took out her wallet and saw a picture of her whole family there, which she had kept for her entire life.

"Mom... I miss you..." Eunji muttered as she put her fists on her eyes and tried to control the tears that were falling out of control, Eunji's eyes now all red and puffy.

Naeun heard Eunji's sobs and slowly woke up, rubbing her eyes and rolling over to face Eunji.

"Omo! Eunji-ah! What's wrong?!" Naeun said in panic as she lept over to Eunji and hugged her tightly, trying to calm Eunji down.

Eunji let out quick and shallow breaths as she still continued to cry, unable to control her emotions.

"I've been.. So lonely Naeun-ah!" Eunji said in between sobs as she buried her face underneath the blankets and punched the bed, she really couldn't handle what she was feeling right now.

Naeun could only try to fight back her tears as she felt nothing but pity for Eunji. 

"I know... Your parents had to leave you when you were twelve, and you had to struggle to survive on your own for so long..." Naeun muttered under her breath as she pulled Eunji out of the covers.

Eunji took a deep breath as she wiped away the leftover tears on her cheeks, choking a bit but she managed to control her tears.

"It was so hard... Why did they have to leave me? I was twelve, and I had to already do jobs just to get some money to survive. No friends, no family, it was just me... Constantly ridiculed for having no money, barely being able to pay for my school fees, starving for weeks..." Eunji broke down in tears again as she remembered the struggles of her childhood, all of it just wanting to be forgotten by Eunji.

Naeun now started to cry. She couldn't help it, Eunji's life was just so horrible you couldn't not shed tears.

"Then... I finally met you. The amount of care and love you showered me with, letting me stay at your house, purchasing food for me, being my friend. You were the only one at school who actually cared about me. I'm so glad I met you, Son Naeun." Eunji said to Naeun as she held her hand like her life depended on it.

Naeun smiled as she nodded to what Eunji had said, she felt grateful that Eunji felt that way about her too.

"It wasn't just me, Eunji-ah. You were the sweetest girl I had ever seen, remember when you punched that bully who was picking on me? You cared for me, always protected me, and never took me for granted. Together, we made loads of new friends and opened a cafe with our best ones."

Eunji let out a chuckle when Naeun brought up the bully, that was one of her few good memories she had in school.

Grabbing Naeun's hand, Eunji took a deep breath and looked lovingly into Naeun's eyes.

"Son Naeun, can you please be the one that will be with me? Can you fill up that empty feeling I've always had in my life? Can you be my happiness?" Eunji asked Naeun, who was take aback.

Eunji. Asking her to be her... Girlfriend?

"Are you asking me if..." Naeun asked Eunji with mixed emotions of surprise and joy.

Eunji nodded as she grabbed both of Naeun's hands and put it right above her Eunji's heart.

"I am. Son Naeun, will you be my girlfriend?"

Naeun burst into tears of joy as she hugged Eunji tightly, both falling over on the bed.

"Of course I will! I promise, to be with you and never, ever make you sad. I will be the one that will be with you, I will be the one to fill up that empty feeling, and I will be your happiness." Naeun said as she answered the questions that Eunji had asked earlier.

Eunji smiled as she hugged Naeun back, wrapping her arms around her back.

"Thank you, Naeunie."

 

Author Notes:

Welp, there's one more couple to add! Naeunji is now complete! Hooray!! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and now you guys know Eunji's backstory. Now you can see why she wanted Jessica as an older sister and Naeun as her girlfriend so badly right?

Love you guys! Till next time, see ya!