Chapter 59-Tracing

JeTi: The Life Journey

Yoona and Krystal jumped up and dashed to the table when they heard what Eunji said, grabbing her by the shoulders firmly.

"Did Sica seriously do that?" Yoona asked Eunji again, who huffed in annoyance before nodding her head. She was getting tired of all these 'Did she do that?' questions.

Yoona and Krystal stared at Tiffany in distaste. They knew Jessica couldn't have done anything that bad, and they were right.

Another thought popped up in Naeun's head. The message.

Naeun leaned over to Eunji and whispered in her ear; "Shouldn't we tell them about the message?"

Eunji smacked her forehead and shook her head. She had totally forgot about the text Jessica sent her, and it was the most important piece of the puzzle.

"I totally forgot Naeun. Thanks for reminding me." Eunji flashed Naeun a quick smile before she pulled out her phone and scrolled through the message, finding it at the top of the pile.

"Read this." Eunji said to Tiffany as she put her phone in front of the still crying Tiffany, who was clutching tightly to the little box that was meant for her.

Tiffany took one look at the message before screaming and slamming her head on the table again, punching herself on the head.

Yoona and Krystal read the message too, their eyes widening in shock after they did.

"We have to find her. NOW! She's going to something stupid!" Yoona said as she quickly tossed Krystal her coat as winter was now slowly starting to approach, with the weather starting to get much colder these few days.

Eunji and Naeun, agreeing with Yoona's statement as they quickly got up from their seats and started moving out of the house.

Tiffany however, was still stuck on the seat, holding her head in her hands as she muttered words to herself.

"I left Jessi out there... Alone... In the winter... I'm a ing monster!" Tiffany screamed out loud, the impact of her actions finally hitting her as she repeatedly hit herself on the head, more tears coming with each hit.

Yoona ran over to Tiffany and yanked her hands away, preventing Tiffany from inflicting anymore self harm.

"Listen Tiffany. Hitting yourself on the head isn't going to save Jessica. So instead of sitting here and whining about what you should have done, why not go out and do it?" Yoona said firmly to Tiffany, her eyes burning with passion and determination.

Tiffany slammed her fist on the table in frustration, her eyes bloodshot and swollen.

"How the hell are we going to find her?! She could have went anywhere!" Tiffany shouted at the rest of the girls, causing them to freeze.

Tiffany was right. How were they going to find Jessica?

Suddenly, an idea popped up in Krystal's mind as she thought of a solution.

"Wait. Eunji-ssi, you said that my sister sent a text message right?" Krystal asked Eunji, who nodded, signaling a yes.

A smile grew on Krystal's face as she pulled out her phone and entered the contacts app.

Pressing a number and bringing it up to her phone, it didn't take long for a reply to come up.

"Hello?"

Krystal smiled as she took a deep breath and gave a thumbs up to everyone else.

"Luna unnie? I need your help ASAP."

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Yoona ushered everyone into her car before starting up the engine and driving away.

"Pardon me for asking, but who is Luna?" Naeun asked Krystal, who was busy typing away to Luna to tell her what was going on.

"Luna is my friend who is also a police officer, so she should have the resources to trace Unnie's message." Krystal replied as she put away her phone and started to pray that Jessica was safe.

Tiffany lay her head against the window, guilt flowing through her body as she felt the agony in her heart.

"Why didn't I let her explain..." Tiffany muttered as she brought her hand up to her face, feeling unbearable grief.

Eunji put her hand on Tiffany's shoulder and patted it lightly, trying to comfort Tiffany a bit.

"Don't worry Tiffany. Jessica will be fine." Eunji said before she looked ahead on the road, waiting for the time for when they would arrive.

Tiffany sighed heavily as she went back to her old position, slumped up against the window.

"I really hope she is..."

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

After driving around the city for a while, going past several villages and driving into a more desolate part of the city, Yoona pulled up in front of a police station, where one female police officer with blue hair stood in front of with her arms folded.

Yoona, Krystal, Tiffany, Eunji and Naeun all quickly got out of the car as Yoona locked the doors of her car.

Luna gave a questioning look to Eunji and Naeun, obviously not knowing who they were.

Eunji and Naeun understood what the look that Luna was giving them meant, so they both knew to introduce themselves.

"I'm Eunji. This girl here is my friend Naeun. We're new friends of Tiffany here." Eunji explained, getting a nod from Luna.

"Alright. I know what's going on, Krystal already told me. Follow me." Luna said as she walked into the police station, with the rest of the girls following closely behind. 

The station was pretty busy, with officers bustling all over the place and taking calls, some were spilling their coffee reading about a case while other were dashing out to the patrol cars outside.

Luna however, lead everyone past all of that to one quiet room in a lone hallway.

"This is my office. It has literally everything a police officer needs." Luna said as she opened the door and from the looks of the office, she was right.

There were guns, handcuffs, batons, a lie detector but most importantly, a call and message tracer.

"So who's the one with the message?" Luna asked the girls as she booted up the message tracer.

Eunji immediately took out her phone and entered the message screen in which Jessica texted her.

"Thank you." Luna said to Eunji as she plugged in Eunji's phone into the tracker and immediately went over to a computer that was hooked up to the machine.

"Select message... Track it..." Luna muttered to herself, clicking on the mouse several times and typing in several passwords before clapping her hands and smiling at the girls.

"Found her."