Chapter 55-Drifting Apart

JeTi: The Life Journey

Jessica, Eunji and Tiffany were now sitting by a window side table of the cafe which Eunji worked at, after ordering their drinks from Eunji's colleague, Naeun.

Eunji and Jessica had really hit it off, with Jessica completely changing her opinion of Eunji the moment she saw her.

"Do you own this cafe?" Jessica asked Eunji, who was looking outside the window at all the traffic that was driving by the cafe as it was now the peak hour of the day, where hundreds of taxis drove by and men and women in suits were running all over the place, holding on to their briefcases.

Eunji turned her head to face Jessica as she flashed that oh so bright smile of which she owned, with a hint of an eyesmile shining through as well.

"Well, me and my friends do. We saved up together to buy the small little shop which this was before, and we transformed it into this!" Eunji finished off by making a dramatic gesture with her arms, gaining a hearty chuckle from Jessica.

Tiffany tried to laugh along with Jessica, but ended up making a half laugh half groan instead. She didn't like how much attention Jessica was giving Eunji. At all.

Jessica leaned forward towards Eunji slightly, causing Tiffany to squint her eyes and growl just a little bit.

"You are a VERY pretty girl Eunji." Jessica said in a sort of flirtatious tone, looking straight into Eunji's eyes as she showed off a y smirk.

Eunji laughed as she waved her arms in front of her, rejecting Jessica's comments.

"No, not at all! Fany and you are much more beautiful than me!" Eunji said, pointing at Tiffany, who showed a smile of appreciation at Eunji.

Jessica didn't agree with Eunji's comments about Tiffany being pretty or praise her, heck, Jessica didn't even spare a glance at Tiffany. Her eyes were stuck on Eunji as she quickly moved on to the next question.

"How did you meet Tiffany?" Jessica asked Eunji without looking at Tiffany, instead giving all her attention to Eunji.

Tiffany felt a pang when Jessica had asked that question. She called her Tiffany. Not Tiff like she usually did, but Tiffany.

Tiffany clenched her hands into fists as she bit on hard to her bottom lip to try and calm herself down. She was feeling so jealous that she couldn't even put it into words.

Eunji flashed a worried look at Tiffany when she noticed her behaviour. So Eunji, being the kind soul that she is, asked Tiffany about it.

"Fany-ah, are you alright?" Eunji asked Tiffany with a worried expression on her face, tilting her head cutely to the side.

Jessica turned to look at Tiffany and saw that Tiffany had bit her lip so hard that it started bleeding. However, Jessica didn't feel that overwhelming sense of care and protectiveness when she saw Tiffany's injury. In fact, she felt perfectly normal. As if Tiffany was just a stranger she saw on the street.

"Do you need a tissue Fany?" Eunji asked Tiffany again, pulling out a napkin from her pocket and dabbing lightly on Tiffany's wound.

Tiffany smiled appreciatively at Eunji. This was how Eunji and Tiffany became friends in the first place.

"Thanks Eunji. At least you showed care, unlike my supposed girlfriend." Tiffany's voice was full of venom when she mentioned the word 'girlfriend', giving Jessica the coldest glare which she was capable of.

Jessica just rolled her eyes and looked at Eunji again.

"Do you know when the drinks are coming Eunji?" Jessica asked Eunji, a smile forming on Jessica's face again.

Eunji could feel the tense emotions that were being exchanged between Jessica and Tiffany. But she decided to let them settle it between themselves.

"The drinks should be coming riiight... Now!" Eunji had a sudden outburst as she pointed behind her.

A slim, black haired girl emerged from the kitchen carrying a tray with three drinks on it, with a small smile on her face.

"Here are your drinks." The waitress said as she lay down the tray on the table, before bowing politely and started to walk back to the kitchen.

"Naeun-ah! Aren't you going to join us?" Eunji asked Naeun, who turned around with that small smile still plastered on her face.

"I have more drinks to make. Maybe later." Naeun said before walking back to the kitchen, the neat apron she wore swaying slightly as she returned to the kitchen.

Eunji pouted cutely and nodded slightly before turning her attention back to the tense couple.

"So, I hope you both enjoy your drinks. I will head back to the kitchen now." Eunji said with a smile before standing up and turning to start following Naeun into the kitchen.

Jessica's immediate reaction was to grab Eunji's wrist, much to Eunji's surprise and Tiffany's dismay.

"Don't go yet Eunji. Stay with us. With me." Jessica said, almost pleading.

Eunji let out an awkward laugh as she looked at Jessica's hand which was gripping tightly on her wrist.

"Could you please... Umm... Let go of my wrist?" Eunji asked Jessica in as polite a tone as she could muster. Eunji didn't know Jessica that well, and she felt as though she was betraying Tiffany by letting Jessica hold her wrist like that.

Tiffany slammed the table hard, causing Eunji to jump up in shock. Jessica however, showed no reaction.

"Jessica Jung! I'm sitting right here and you dare to flirt with another girl right in front of me!?" Tiffany roared out, her hair everywhere as her face showed pure anger.

Eunji pulled Jessica's hand away from her wrist and bowed many times to Tiffany.

"I'm so sorry Fany-ah! Please don't be angry at Jessica-ssi, blame me! I shouldn't have invited you over." Eunji apologised profusely to Tiffany, looking really upset as her innocence glowed through.

Tiffany couldn't help but let her anger die down a bit. Eunji was far too innocent for her to receive all the yelling that she was getting.

"It's not your fault Eunji. I don't blame you." Tiffany said to Eunji with an eye-smile, doing her best to reassure Eunji that she wasn't in the blame before turning around to glare at Jessica.

"I blame her."

 

Author Notes:

Oh no... Are Fany and Sica going to fight? What will Eunji do? And is Naeun going to play a part in this as well? And what about Yoona, Krystal, Taeyeon and Suzy, will they do anything? Stay tuned to find out! Love you guys! Till next time, see ya!