Chapter 43-Slipping Away

JeTi: The Life Journey

"Finally done!"

Tiffany clapped her hands as she applauded herself for unpacking all her stuff, it taking a while due to all the clothes, food and other various things that she had brought along from home.

Jessica walked into the room and sniggered at all the things Tiffany had brought with her, it almost filling up the entire room.

"Are you sure your not moving here? You brought like, the entire house here." Jessica joked as she sat down on their huge king sized bed, bouncing up and down slightly on the bouncy mattress.

Tiffany giggled as she jumped on the bed and landed next to Jessica, hugging her girlfriend while swaying back and forth.

"I will never leave that house. Never." Tiffany said as she grabbed Jessica by the waist and pulled her down to the bed.

Jessica turned over so that she was know facing Tiffany.

"And why is that?" Jessica asked as she put her hand on Tiffany's cheek, smiling at the beautiful face of her Tiffany.

Tiffany smiled back as she tried to bite one of Jessica's fingers, but Jessica quickly pulled away.

"Naughty Tiff." Jessica said as she lightly slapped Tiffany's cheek before sitting back up.

Tiffany sat up along with Jessica and back hugged her, with Jessica patting Tiffany's head.

However, Tiffany pressed hard on Jessica's stomach, a big no no.

Jessica started coughing madly, causing Tiffany to quickly release Jessica and get in front of her.

"Are you alright Jessi?! Surely your sick, there's no other excuse!" Tiffany almost yelled in panic as she tried to calm down Jessica's coughing, but no matter what she did, Jessica didn't stop.

Jessica waved Tiffany away as she quickly got up from the bed and ran to the bathroom and slammed the door shut behind her.

Tiffany stood behind, staring worriedly at the bathroom door.

"Jessi..."

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Jessica stood above the sink as she coughed madly, hurting terribly.

It felt as though someone was ripping Jessica's throat out, that was how much it hurt. But Jessica couldn't stop, it just kept coming.

Jessica tried to drink some water, filling up a glass cup at the sink with drinkable tap water before chugging it down.

But the moment the water made contact with , Jessica coughed everything out again, but it wasn't just water. 

Red flew all over the sink and mirror as Jessica coughed out the water she just drank.

Her very own blood was all over the bathroom mirror.

Jessica stared in the mirror, with at her blurry and bloody reflection looking right back at her.

Hair all over her face, pale as a ghost, throat in pain. Jessica was a mess.

Jessica smiled sadly at the mirror, her reflection only helping to make her more depressed.

"Is this an omen?" Jessica said softly as she wiped her own blood off the mirror.

Jessica stared at her bloody hand with now tear filled eyes, knowing that her time was coming closer and closer.

The Grim Reaper was coming to collect her soon, and Jessica had to be ready for it.

Jessica washed her hands as she cleaned up the bathroom and made herself look somewhat presentable.

Jessica straightend her hair and washed her face before slapping her face lightly.

"I need to go see a doctor." Jessica said as she dried her face with a towel before stepping in front of the door.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tiffany was pacing back and forth in front of the bathroom door, biting her lip in worry as she waited for Jessica to exit the room.

"Jessi is hiding something from us... From me." Tiffany muttered as she wrung her hands together, it shaking due to her being so worried and scared for Jessica.

After what seemed like an eternity, the bathroom door opened.

Tiffany looked up to see a deathly sick Jessica, with her pale skin and long hair making her look like a ghost.

This was nothing like the real Jessica, who just made you feel happier when you saw her.

Jessica should be full of colour and life, not dead and pale.

Tiffany gasped when she saw Jessica, shocked at what happened to her girlfriend.

"Omo! Jessi!" Tiffany screeched as she put both her hands on Jessica's cheeks, looking worriedly at what was a shell of Jessica.

Jessica roughly pulled Tiffany's hands away before running off to her room to grab her handbag.

Despite the cold shoulder Jessica seemed to be giving her, Tiffany persisted.

"Jessi what's wrong?!" Tiffany yelled as she followed Jessica into the room.

Jessica ignored her, grabbing her handbag before stomping out to the front door of the hotel.

"Jessi come back!" Tiffany yelled as she ran up behind Jessica.

Jessica roughly opened the front door and slammed it hard in Tiffany's face, shutting Tiffany away from her.

After slamming the door like that, Jessica slumped to the ground as tears freefalled from her eyes.

Jessica put her hands on her face as she left out muffled sobs, her heart so incredibly messed up as all she felt was Grief and Sorrow.

"I'm so sorry Tiff..." Jessica said as she got to her feet and walked to the elevator.

"I have to go."

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tiffany stood in shock in front of the door, not being able to accept what just happened.

Her lips quivered as tears started falling from Tiffany's eyes, devastated at what her supposed love of her life just did to her.

"Jessi... Why?"

Tiffany walked slowly over to her phone as she weakly lifted it up with shaking hands.

Pressing Taeyeon's number, Tiffany put it right to her ear.

Taeyeon picked up quickly, just after two rings.

"Hi Fany! What's up?" Taeyeon replied with a cheery voice, with laughter audible in the background of Taeyeon's room.

Taeyeon's room had the total opposite of what Tiffany was feeling now.

"Tae Tae..." Tiffany said weakly, with her loud sobs crystal clear.

"Omo Fany! What's wrong?!" Taeyeon yelled out, with the laughter in the background of Taeyeon's call halting immediately.

Tiffany took a deep breath as she tried to find her voice.

"There's something wrong with Jessi... Just get everyone over here quick... Please." Tiffany said before hanging up.

Putting her phone on the bed, Tiffany lay down on it as her tears started falling again.

Two hearts were broken that moment.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"How is it Doctor?"

Jessica was under an X-Ray, having to check on the tumor in her stomach and why it had such a big reaction.

The doctor, who's name was Jungkook, walked over to the X-Ray results and gasped.

"Oh dear..."

Jungkook deactivated the X-Ray and helped Jessica get out of the X-Ray machine before gesturing for her to follow him to his desk.

Jungkook sat behind and let out a large sigh while Jessica sat in front of him with a anxious face.

"Is it bad?" Jessica asked Jungkook, who just sighed again.

"I don't know how to say this without it being bad..." Jungkook replied, causing Jessica's mood to drop significantly.

"Just give it to me straight Doctor. No need to sugercoat it." Jessica firmly said, preparing herself for the worst.

Jungkook smiled slightly when he heard Jessica say that.

"Your a very strong lady. I admire you for that. Well, here it is, me giving it to you straight."

Jessica held her breath as she pinched her inner thigh in anticipation.

"Your tumor has grown much, much quicker than expected." Jungkook finally said, looking up at Jessica with eyes that were just filled with pity.

Jessica closed her eyes as she nodded her head.

"How much longer do I have?" Jessica asked Jungkook.

Jungkook lightly patted Jessica's hand which was on the desk, comforting her.

"You have about 1 Week to live Miss Jung. I'm so sorry I have to say that."

Jessica's jaw dropped as she slumped back into her chair, stunned.

"1 Week..."