Chapter 97-Missions Completed

JeTi: The Life Journey

Nightfall soon fell as the sky turned into a lovely shade of navy blue, the bright stars coming out and shining beautifully as the clouds slowly started to disappear, showing the full moon in all it's glory.

Tzuyu had fallen asleep with Sana, climbing into her bed after sharing their life changing moment as the former had her head snuggled up comfortably into the latter's neck, with Sana's hand being wrapped around Tzuyu's head as the cool breeze of the air conditioner had made them fall asleep in almost an instant, with both being extremely tired and worn out from their respective incidents.

At the other side of the room though, things weren't so great.

Momo was fast asleep, dreaming of herself eating a rather large plate of jokbal as a happy smile started to form on her face, slightly snoring as she suddenly heard a loud sniff coming from the bed next to her.

"Wuh...?" Momo muttered groggily as she rolled over to her other side to face Nayeon's bed and saw through her still blurry vision that Nayeon was sitting up with the blanket wrapped all over her body, with the blanket moving a bit as one more audible sniff could be heard coming from the bunny toothed girl.

Now officially confused with the situation at hand, Momo slowly and quietly got out of her bed and sneaked over to Nayeon, who's crying was getting louder and louder as she got closer and closer.

"Are you ok?" Momo asked as she now put an arm around her secret crush and sat down next to her, gaining a shocked gasp from Nayeon who turned to look at Momo and cause the Japanese girl to let out a shocked gasp of her own. Nayeon looked like a mess. Her makeup was all over the place, her eyes were swollen and bloodshot from crying too much, and there were dried tears all over the place.

"Oh, Momo ah! Yeah I'm ok!" Nayeon lied, forcing out a smile as she now wiped the tears away from her face and tried to look as cheerful as possible. But Momo could see through all of that and tell straight away that Nayeon was lying through those bunny teeth of hers.

"Don't lie to me unnie. I know you better than anyone else." Momo said sternly as she now put her hands on Nayeon's cheeks, staring into the eyes that were starting to well up with tears again.

But that horrible forced smile was still on Nayeon's face. She didn't want to let Momo see her in the pathetic state that she was in now, all over someone that was just not meant to be.

"I'm alright Momo, I really am. Look~" Nayeon tried using her aegyo voice to try and relieve Momo of all her worries, but the normally adorable aegyo had a sense of emptiness and sadness to it when it came out of Nayeon's mouth now. It just wasn't natural. This wasn't the Nayeon that Momo knew, and it was starting to piss the latter off how much the former was trying to hide her true suffering behind that fake smile of hers.

Momo let out a sigh of frustration as she gripped Nayeon's shoulders with an iron fist, causing Nayeon to wince in pain slightly as the younger girl bore drills into her eyes, feeling some anger build up inside her.

She was sick of Nayeon acting like she was so happy all the time.

She knew Nayeon was feeling a lot of sadness deep in her heart but never wanted to show it.

Why?

For her friends.

And Momo wanted to be the one to get rid of that sadness.

"You know you can't hide anything from me Nayeon. I know you the best out of anyone in the world. Don't be scared, just... Tell me what's wrong." Momo said in a tone of that a mother talking to her little baby, so comforting and mother like that Nayeon couldn't hold it in anymore.

A sudden flux of tears came bawling out of Nayeon's eyes, banging her fists on the bed as Momo felt something in her heart sting from seeing her crush in such a pathetic state. She suddenly hated Tzuyu for causing all of this trouble. If it wasn't for her, none of this would be happening right now.

"What.... What does Sana have.... That I don't....." Nayeon moaned, depressed to all hell as she let out all the woes that she had been holding in through her tears, soaking Momo's clothes in her sadness.

Momo sighed as she shot a brief glance of hatred in the direction of Sana and Tzuyu. She didn't really hate them, but was very annoyed at what they had caused her Nayeon to go through alone through all these years.

"Nothing. Your perfect to me. Perfect FOR me." Momo said without really thinking, not realising that she had just indirectly confessed as Nayeon's bloosdshot eyes were now wide with shock, an awkward laugh following as Momo was still totally clueless as to what she had actually said.

"Uhhh.... Your kidding right Momoring? You don't actually have a crush on me right?"

Momo shook her head as she brought her face right in front of Nayeon's, causing the bunny girl to back up to the wall behind her as Momo continued her advance to the point to where their noses were now touching.

"No I'm not. Don't you see the way I look at you? Don't you see how I'm always the one that is closest to you? Don't you see how I always get you the gift that you always want? And you think I don't appreciate how you always take care of us so well, never asking for even a word of thanks? Please, Nayeon I beg you. Please. Please. Please. Please. Give me, ONE chance."

Tears were coming down from Nayeon's eyes again. But they weren't tears of sadness this time. They were tears of happiness and appreciation.

"I never thought... Someone thought that way of me... But... I'm sorry...." Nayeon pushed Momo away after finishing her last few words, shocking Momo who's eyes and mouth went into a perfect circle.

"We can't be friends anymore." Nayeon said as she looked away from Momo with sad eyes.

Momo's heart stopped. Her lips were now quivering like she was in the North Pole as her head now hung low, feeling her eyes turn watery as she let out a whimper of defeat.

"Let's be a couple instead."

Momo's head now shot up as she now saw Nayeon showing a beautiful, but most importantly, genuine smile while forming a heart shape with her arms.

"You..." Momo now laughed as she gave Nayeon a tight hug and tackled her onto the bed, with Nayeon letting out a laugh while Momo could only smile.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

15 minutes later, when Nayeon and Tzuyu were both sound asleep, two other people in the room were still awake.

Momo and Sana looked at each other and both gave a thumbs up to each other, walking over to each other in the center of the room and giving each other a high five.

"Missions accomplished."

 

Author Note:

The end is near. Thank you guys. Let's count down together to Chapter 100. 

3....