Chapter 60-I'm Sorry...

JeTi: The Life Journey

"WHERE IS SHE??!" Tiffany shouted as she ran frantically to the computer where Luna was standing next to, and it displayed that Jessica's last signal from her phone came awfully close back Home.

"Do you guys know where that place is?" Luna asked the other girls in the room, who all nodded in unison.

"That's back near home.." Yoona muttered as she looked at Krystal, who was biting her thumb as she was deep in thought. Yoona couldn't really tell what Krystal was thinking, but it looked as though she was thinking of a location where Jessica might be.

Tiffany immediately ran out of Luna's office, wanting to get back to Jessica as quick as humanly possible as she left in a blur of pink.

Luna unplugged Eunji's phone and returned it to her before gesturing for everyone to follow her out of the room and to Yoona's car which was still parked outside as Yoona had locked it so Tiffany couldn't enter first and dash off.

Before they all left the room however, Luna took out her own phone and took a picture of Jessica's location as they would really need that later.

Naeun had been awfully quiet this trip, just popping up with a few words here and there. But that was the type of person she was. The quiet, friendly, girl next door type person. Unlike Eunji, who was far more outgoing and bubbly but was also very caring and feminine.

When the girls had exited the police station, the found Tiffany anxiously standing by Yoona's car, jumping up and down to try and control the crazy amount of feelings she was feeling at that moment.

"Let me drive, I know a shortcut to that location." Luna said to Yoona, who agreed as she tossed the car keys to Luna.

Luna unlocked the car before getting into the car and starting the engine, with everyone else piling into the backseat and Tiffany riding shotgun.

"How do you know about a shortcut to our house?" Tiffany asked Luna as the car started to move in reverse, backing out of the parking lot.

Luna let out a chuckle as she spared at glance at the back to Krystal, who slowly turned her head to face outside the car window.

"Well... Krystal over there may have thrown a party which I was late for.." Luna bit her lip to prevent herself from bursting out with laughter when she saw Yoona's and Tiffany's reaction to what she had just said, it was priceless.

"Soojungie... You threw a party at our house without us knowing?" Yoona said in a stern voice, gaining a gulp from Krystal.

"I know! I should have asked for you guys' permission first but-" Krystal was suddenly cut off the loud yell of Yoona, who's mouth opened wide for her signature alligator look.

"Why didn't you invite me?! I wanted to party!" Yoona said with a laugh to try and brighten up the gloom atmosphere that filled the car. This had been a very bad day, from the moment it started in the morning.

Eunji was clenching her fists extremely tightly in worry for Jessica's safety. Tiffany and Eunji were actually the ones most worried for Jessica. Tiffany for obvious reasons, but Eunji felt very close to Jessica too as she felt some sort of connection to her. Number one being of course their surnames being the same, but Eunji felt that Jessica could be that older sibling that she never had and wanted so badly.

Tiffany stared at the little box that Eunji passed to her, the one that was meant to be the ultimate form of love for Tiffany from Jessica. But Tiffany messed it all up for being far too emotional.

"You better not have done anything stupid Jessi... You made a promise to me..." Tiffany muttered as Luna drove up a highway.

"Give me five more minutes, we'll be there." Luna said before slamming on the gas pedal. She was a police officer anyway, laws didn't apply to her.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Luna, staying true to her word, had reached the JeTiYoonStal residence in five minutes.

Stepping on the brakes to cause the car to come to a screeching halt, the girls immediately got out of the car and looked around for any clues as to where Jessica went.

"Everyone split up! If you find anything, call me and I'll gather everyone!" Luna ordered, being expected from Korea's lead undercover cop.

"Understood!" The girls said at the same time before going off in different directions, scattering all over the place, but not before Luna had given her number to all the girls.

Yoona and Krystal had gone to check behind the house, while Tiffany and Luna went to the nearby hotel to check if she had booked a room there.

However, all of them were going the wrong direction. Except...

Eunji and Naeun were walking straight towards the abandoned shed which Jessica had entered, as Naeun had a hunch that Jessica might enter there.

"There's no way Jessica could have went in there, it's been abandoned for like eight years." Eunji said as she looked at the shed in distaste, the doors were all rusty and it smelled awful.

Naeun didn't want to give up so quickly though. She didn't know why, but she just had this feeling that Jessica was inside, and her instinct had never failed her before.

Suddenly, something shined on the pathway leading to the main door. 

Eunji and Naeun both saw it of course. Taking a closer step towards it, Eunji picked it up see that it was a ring.

Engraved on the ring was; "Property of Jessica Jung."

Naeun and Eunji's eyes both widened as they stared at the ring before looking back at the shed.

There was no doubt now, Jessica was in that shed.

"Call Luna, now!" 

Eunji quickly took out her phone and punched in Luna's number, her leg moving in anxiety.

Luna picked up instantly as she had been expecting a call at any moment.

"Come to the abandoned shed now!" Eunji yelled into the phone, with Luna replying before hanging up.

Eunji held onto Naeun's arm tightly as she looked into the shed with worried eyes.

"Please be alright Jessica..." Both Naeun and Eunji muttered.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Literally within ten seconds, Yoona, Krystal, Luna and Tiffany had joined up with Eunji and Naeun in front of the shed.

"What did you find?" Luna asked Eunji as she straightened out her police uniform.

Eunji passed Luna the ring which she had found, and Tiffany gasped the moment she saw it.

"That's Jessi's..." Tiffany said. She could tell straight away from the distinct design and the obvious engraving on it.

"Where did you find it?" Luna asked Eunji again, looking closely at the ring for any signs of blood or tears.

"Right there." Eunji and Naeun both pointed in front of the door, and Luna nodded.

Yoona, Krystal and Tiffany all looked at the ominous shed and felt shudders go down their spine. It looked awful.

"Alright. Eunji and Naeun, stand back." Luna said as she stepped in front of the door.

Using her muscular legs, Luna kicked down the door, causing a loud slam as the interior of the shed was revealed.

The moment everyone saw inside the door, everyone behind Luna let out a blood curling scream, while Luna's face went pale.

"Oh my god..."

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

There Jessica lay, in a pool of blood that belonged to her.

Her entire face was covered with dried and fresh blood, with even more blood gushing out from her wrist.

Everyone immediately dashed straight to Jessica, with quickened steps and a crazy heart rate.

Tiffany crumbled in front of Jessica as her legs gave way when she saw Jessica up close. She looked terrible. 

Her face had literally no colour, and her face looked like something out of a horror movie.

Luna took out her phone and went to call for backup straight away, talking as if was going to drop out of .

Tiffany grabbed Jessica's face as tears started falling.

"Jessi... Baby..." Tiffany started talking, each tear that fell representing the guilt and agony she currently felt at that moment.

Jessica's eyes opened very slightly, shocking all the girls around her.

"Hey guys... You found me..." Jessica said weakly as she coughed slightly. Talking looked like the most difficult thing in the world for her at that moment.

Tiffany sobbed loudly as she saw the state Jessica was in. She had did this.

"I'm so sorry Jessi!" Tiffany said through continuous tears, her heart felt like it was being stabbed.

Jessica put her finger up to Tiffany's lips, keeping Tiffany quiet.

"Hush... You have nothing to be sorry about.."

Jessica took a deep breath as she looked at Naeun, who was at the end of the row of all the girls that had gathered around her.

"Naeun-ah... Thanks for helping me... Even though it didn't go so well, I'm still very thankful." Jessica said weakly to Naeun, trying to force out a smile.

Naeun broke down as she watched her newfound friend look so weak and helpless, she found Jessica to be a great role model and friend.

Jessica averted her attention to Yoona now, who was looking at Jessica with tear filled eyes.

"Yoong-ah... You have been a great friend to me these past few years... And you are the one that gave Soojung love and care... So I thank you from the bottom of my heart." Jessica said to Yoona, who looked as though she was about to die as well.

"Shut up! Don't speak like this, your not going to die!" Yoona said as she tried to stop the blood from flowing from Jessica's wrist, but it just made Jessica wince in pain.

Jessica now looked at Krystal, who was clutching tightly onto Jessica's other hand.

"Soojung-ah... Sorry this stupid older sister is so incompetent. Here I am, dying right in front of you, what a crappy sibling huh? Take care of yourself." Jessica said as she let out a pained chuckle, her eyes slowly starting to close.

Krystal bit hard into her lip to prevent herself from shattering on the spot. It was taking away a lot of her mental strength.

Jessica now moved her eyes to her newfound best friend, Eunji.

"Ah Eunji-ah. Thank you for helping Naeun out with the 'surprise', and for being there for me the entire time I was in the hospital." Jessica flashed a grateful smile to Eunji, who was swallowing her saliva a bit too hard as she fought back tears.

"Also, I'm sorry I couldn't be that older sister for you, Eunji." Jessica said her final piece to Eunji, who finally snapped, slumping to the floor as she started crying hard.

Finally, Jessica turned to Tiffany.

"Tiff... I don't know what to say. Thank you, for being the first ever love of my life. Thank you, for being there with me my entire life. Thank you, for taking care of me. Thank you, for being the one who always stuck with me. I love you so much, Tiffany Hwang." 

Tiffany punched the ground hard as her mascara ran down her face along with a spew of tears, she couldn't control her emotions at this point.

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise of staying with you my entire life." Jessica said, her vision slowly going blacker and blacker.

"I love all of you all..."

Jessica's eyes closed as she collapsed from Tiffany's arms, this was it.

"JESSICA!!!"

 

Author Notes:

Hey guys, well... What's going to happen with Jessica? I have two questions to ask which I will post on another chapter right after this. Love you guys! Till next time, see ya!