Chapter 46-Lee Min Ho, A Shining Light In A Dark Tunnel

JeTi: The Life Journey

"Alright. We're here. Follow me."

The elevator door opened, revealing a rather large but empty hallway with one lone door at the very end.

Jessica started coughing madly, her skin losing even more color as she coughed harder and harder.

"It's gonna be ok Jessi. We're here." Tiffany said comfortingly as she rubbed Jessica's back, trying to help calm down her girlfriend's dire situation.

Woo Bin turned around and made a face of pity when he saw the terrible state that Jessica was in. He didn't notice her until now.

"Jeez. Alright let's get a move on, your friend looks in pretty bad shape." Woo Bin said to the girls as he held the elevator door open and gestured for everyone to leave.

After all the girls had left the elevator, Woo Bin followed behind them.

"My oh my. If that girl wasn't so sick, she's beautiful." Woo Bin muttered to himself as he followed the girls to the only door at the end of the hallway.

"Tiff... Hold me.." Jessica said as she nearly collapsed to the floor, but Tiffany quickly grabbed her and signaled for Krystal and Yoona to come help her.

Yoona and Krystal ran over and helped support Jessica, lifting her up by her arms and pretty much carrying her to the office.

Woo Bin furrowed his eyebrows when he saw what they did. 

"Man, she must be in a really bad condition."

Suzy was the first to the door as she was the only one there who knew the main Surgeon.

Stood before her was just a plain white door, with a name sign staring right back at her.

Lee Min Ho.

Suzy turned back at the girls and nodded before knocking on the door.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Come in." A voice from the room said, allowing them permission into the office.

"Get Jessica in first." Suzy said to Tiffany, Yoona and Krystal, who nodded all nodded as a response.

The rest of SNSD made a path for Jessica to go through, with Tiffany putting her free hand on the door handle.

The door slowly creaked open, revealing a very white office with just one lone table.

Sat at the table were two men, one wearing a white suit while the other was in a doctors coat.

The man in the white suit quickly stood up and helped Jessica into the room, supporting her to the chair right by the table.

Tiffany bowed politely to the man to thank him.

"Thank you Mister.." Tiffany stuttered halfway through her thanks.

The man flashed a bright smile, revealing pearly white teeth.

"Ji-Hu. Or Hyun Joong. But I prefer Ji-Hu." Ji-Hu said before leaving the room with Woo Bin, who was standing by the door.

Than, the main man that everyone rushed back to Korea for, looked up at them.

"Hi. I'm Doctor Lee Min Ho. How may I help you?" Min Ho said politely, gaining an eye roll from Suzy.

"Knock it off Min Ho. You know who I am." Suzy said with a small smile on her face.

Min Ho laughed as he nodded along with what Suzy said.

"Yes. I know who you are." Min Ho said before he noticed the many other girls in the room.

"So... Which girl am I supposed to attend to?" Min Ho asked while looking at everyone from left to right.

"This one." Suzy said as she pointed at Jessica, who was sitting at the chair next to his table.

Min Ho looked mildly surprised when he saw how terrible Jessica looked. But as a doctor, he was used to seeing these type of patients.

"Hmm... Ok." Min Ho said as he took a look at Jessica's face.

Min Ho seemed to be in thought before nodding his head, seemingly agreeing with whatever though went through his mind before he looked up at the other girls in the room.

"Alright, I need all of you girls to leave." Min Ho announced to the other girls with a stern face.

There were immediate protests from all the girls.

"But I'm her girlfriend! Can't I stay at least?!" Tiffany yelled out, but only to get a shake of the head from Min Ho.

"What about me?! I'm her sister!" Krystal shouted right after Tiffany, but Min Ho shook his head again.

RIght at that moment, Taeyeon was about to yell but Yoona halted her.

"Girls! I'm sure Surgeon Lee has his reasons for this! If you guys want Sica to be cured, than just listen to the one person that can do that!" Yoona yelled at everyone, immediately silencing them.

Min Ho smirked and clapped for Yoona, causing Yoona to blush lightly.

"Well said girl. I like you. And please, just call me Min Ho." Min Ho said to Yoona with a wink, causing Yoona to blush even more.

Krystal growled in anger when she saw the flirty behaviour that Min Ho was displaying to her Yoongie, but since Min Ho was the only person that could save her sister, she decided to let this one slide.

"Alright girls let's go." Suzy said as she ushered everybody out of the room before closing the door shut.

The moment the door shut, Min Ho grabbed a chair and sat in front of her.

"So Miss..." Min Ho started, gesturing for Jessica to help complete the sentence.

"Jessica Jung." Jessica weakly replied, gaining a nod of the head from Min Ho.

"Alright Miss Jung, could you please show me the file that you got from the doctor? You must've got one." Min Ho requested from Jessica.

Jessica nodded as she dug into her handbag and pulled out the file, which contained her X-Ray results and a letter explaining her condition, and passed it to Min Ho.

"Thank you Miss Jung." Min Ho said as he took the file from Jessica and quickly opened it.

Min Ho looked like he was a robot, his eyes scrolling through the papers at light speed. How he managed to read the files so quickly and understood all of them was beyond explanation.

Nodding his head slightly again, Min Ho put down the file and looked back up at Jessica.

"So, Terminal Stage Stomach Cancer. One week left to live. Hmm... What symptoms have you displayed Miss Jung?" Min Ho said as he rested his arm on the table, looking directly at Jessica.

Jessica coughed before she answered Min Ho's question.

"Well... Recently at least, I've been getting severe coughs and stomach pains, even coughing out blood at one point. Loss of appetite, lots of loss in weight, and vomiting blood again." Jessica explained to Min Ho who, yet again, did his habit of nodding his head.

Min Ho rolled his chair back and picked up a remote, pressing a button.

Suddenly, the seemingly plain wall behind Min Ho sunk down to the ground, revealing lots of medical machines, like X-Rays and an ultrasound, and his hundreds of awards.

"Please lie down on the X-Ray machine Miss Jung." Min Ho said to Jessica, who tried to stand up but her legs were too weak.

Min Ho shook his head in pity as he walked back to Jessica and helped support her to the X-Ray machine, helping her lay down on the bed.

"Now, just relax and try not to think too much. I'm checking on your tumor." Min Ho said as he looked into the X-Ray machine, which was placed right above Jessica's stomach.

Jessica closed her eyes as her mind went into her happy place.

Min Ho squinted his eyes and shook his head when he saw the size of Jessica's tumor, with the amount of cancer cells reaching high levels.

Min Ho looked away from the X-Ray machine and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Jessica asked anxiously.

Min Ho massaged his temples as he tried to relax his brain.

"It's best to get it treated now. It cannot grow any more than it is. Are you ok with that Miss Jung?" Min Ho asked Jessica, who nodded firmly.

"That's what I'm here for." Jessica replied with a serious face.

Min Ho nodded as he walked back to his desk.

"Very well."

Punching in a phone number, Min Ho put his phone up to his ear.

"Hello? Ji-Hu. Prepare the Surgery room now. And tell Hye-Sun, or Jandi, to bring a stretcher up." Min Ho said before he put down his phone and looked back at Jessica.

"What are my chances Surgeon Lee?" Jessica asked hesitantly to Min Ho, who smiled slightly at her.

"Not high. At all. 0.5% if your lucky." Min Ho replied, causing Jessica's head to droop down like a wilted flower.

"0.5%..."

Jessica started to tear up as she heard what Min Ho said.

Min Ho walked over to Jessica and slowly lifted up her head.

"Hey, Miss Jung. I swear I will do my absolute best. Miracles can happen. Just believe in me alright?" Min Ho said to Jessica, who just sighed as more tears came flowing her eyes.

"Please do... I can't leave my girlfriend and sister this soon... Their all still so young, I need to be here for them." Jessica said with tears flowing to her cheeks, her sobs growing louder and louder.

Min Ho smiled at the words Jessica had said. Now he really wanted to cure her.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Come in."

A woman wearing a Nurse outfit came into the room with a stretcher, with another nine heads peeking behind her.

"Thanks Jan-Di. Please help Miss Jung here to the stretcher." Min Ho said as Jan Di walked over and supported Jessica to the stretcher.

In a few seconds, Jessica was all strapped up in the stretcher and headed to the Surgery room.

Everyone was following Jessica, with Tiffany holding her hand as they rushed to the Surgey room.

"Promise you won't leave me Jessi..." Tiffany said in desperation as she looked at Jessica.

Jessica weakly nodded as she rubbed her thumb on Tiffany's hand.

"I will."

At that moment, they had reached the Surgery room.

Waiting there were Yi-Jung, Woo Bin and Ji-Hu. All in Surgeon coats.

"Ready?" Min Ho, who was standing in front of Jessica's stretcher, said to the rest of F4.

"Always ready!" Ji-Hu, Yi-Jung and Woo Bin said at the same time.

"Great! Let's go!" Min Ho said as he walked into the Surgery Room with the rest of F4, with Jessica's stretcher close behind.

The Surgery Room doors closed behind them as the girls stood outside.

Tiffany clenched her fists as she saw the light above the doors turn on.

"Operation In Progress."

Tiffany brought her hands together and prayed.

"Please. Don't leave us Jessi... Don't leave me."