Leaving

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

Going Crazy – Song Jieun feat. Bang Yongguk of B.A.P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsIqZ3QZgdM

~●♥●~

 

MinYoung asked HaRin to not let Hoya know about her resignation and her friend promised. She didn’t want to let the boys hear about the news aside from her.

 

That afternoon, MinYoung went to Woollim with her resignation letter on hand. She looked up at the building and took a couple of deep breaths before heading inside the building. However, Sungjong saw her from their floor.

 

“Hyungdeul!” Sungjong called them. “MinYoung noona is here!”

 

The boys immediately gathered by the window but only saw her enter the building. Everyone looked hopeful at Sunggyu. A smile slowly crept on his face.

 

Instead of making a stop at INFINITE’s rehearsal room, MinYoung went straight to Mr. Lee’s office. His secretary met her outside his office and led her inside. Mr. Lee spun his chair around and gave MinYoung a small smile.

 

“How are you, MinYoung?” he asked as he stood up to give MinYoung a hug.

“I’m fine, Mr. Lee. Thanks,” she said once they pulled apart.

“Have a seat,” he told her and she took the one in front of his table. Mr. Lee didn’t bother going to his chair and sat on the edge of his table. He saw MinYoung was holding something and eyed it knowingly.

 

“I hope that’s not what I think it is,” he lightly joked.

MinYoung giggled, “I’m afraid that it is.”

“Yeah, Chungho told me about it,” he said, slightly disappointed.

 

“I’m really sorry, Mr. Lee,” she said sincerely. “I have to start all over again and if I have to do that, I choose to do it in my place again.”

“I understand,” he said nodding. Mr. Lee held his hand out and MinYoung handed her letter to him.

 

“You know, you can always come back here. It may not be enough to call it your home but you’re always welcome to work here again,” he told her.

“Thank you, Mr. Lee,” she stood up and gave a deep bow.

 

“By the way, do the boys already know?” he asked her. MinYoung shook her head.

“Do you want me to tell them instead?”

 

MinYoung shook her head again, “I think it’s best if I tell them myself.”

 

Mr. Lee said his final goodbye to her before she left his office. She also said good bye to his secretary and to those who passed by her. MinYoung then took the elevator and went to INFINITE’s floor. Before she entered the room, she tried to relax herself and thought of how she’s going to say goodbye. Suddenly, the door opened.

 

“MinYoungie!!” Woohyun exclaimed. He immediately pulled her into a hug. “Why did you just visit us now?” he asked, pouting when they pulled apart.

MinYoung went inside the room and saw that the boys were actually happy to see her.

“It’s good to see you again,” Sunggyu spoke while he walked towards her and gave her a warm hug. MinYoung kept still. She gave an awkward smile when he pulled away.

 

“Why just visit us now, noona?” L asked her.

 

“I- uhm…” she began to stammer. “I didn’t actually come here for a visit.”

 

“What?” Dongwoo blinked at her and the rest exchanged confused expressions.

 

“I came here because… because I gave Mr. Lee my… resignation letter,” her voice trailed away.

 

“WHAT?!” they all asked at the same time.

 

“Uncle Chungho asked me if I would want to go back to the theater and thought it was a good idea. I could start my life all over again and continue where I left off,” she explained slowly.

Sunggyu took a step closer, “But what about your life here at Woollim?”

 

MinYoung’s palms began to sweat so she kept on rubbing her hands on her back pockets.

 

“Woollim was just a temporary plan, oppa. Since Jinho is now locked up, I could work on performing in the theater again without having someone taking my dreams away from me anymore,” she answered.

 

“But what about us?” he whispered painfully.

 

MinYoung chuckled, “There wasn’t us in the beginning, oppa.”

 

Sunggyu made one step back. Her words felt like it has stabbed him on the chest.

 

“We were never in a relationship, remember?” she said, tears threatening to fall.

“You never felt anything. Even the slightest thing?” he asked her but she stubbornly shook her head.

“You’re lying,” he said.

 

“I’m not,” she shook her head.

“Yes. Yes, you are. You’re just pushing me away,” he said.

 

“I know you love me, too. You just won’t admit it. You just won’t say it because you’re still scared,” he told her.

“How would you know?” she asked him.

 

“That’s because I’ve seen the different sides of you. When I promised that I’ll love you, care for you and be there for you, I know you believed me. You held my hand that night at the theater and asked me to be there for you. I knew then that you trusted me,” he told her.

 

“You were all I had at that time,” she informed him.

“Then why push me away, MinYoung? I tried to reach you a couple of times but you wouldn’t pick your phone up. Was it something I did or said?” he asked demandingly.

 

Tears suddenly fell down MinYoung’s cheeks. The boys wanted to comfort her but they knew that the two had to talk even if they were all in the same room.

 

“You did everything right, oppa,” she cried. “But the thing is, I was too ashamed to face you after seeing me like that. I felt like trash, oppa.”

“But I don’t see you that way,” he told her, standing close to her and cupping her face.

MinYoung pried his hands away, “It’s not how you see me. It was how I see myself.”

 

“But you’re letting yourself tie to the past. You’ll never learn to trust your heart to anyone if you won’t let yourself detach from that awful event.” HaRin’s words echoed in her mind.

 

“But I have to do things that’ll help me find myself again. Performing on stage might help me fill in the whole in me. I have to get back to where I started,” she told him, more tears streaming down her face. “And then maybe, I’ll learn to trust again and maybe even, love again.”

 

Sunggyu looked helpless. He didn’t want MinYoung to leave but then he couldn’t stop her from going after what she wanted. He wanted to help her but he knew she won’t let him after deciding on resigning from the company.

 

“Thank you, oppa,” she said softly. “For everything.”

 

After that, MinYoung ran out of the room and out of the building. She went home and poured her heart out to her friends, HaRin and Joongjin, who comforted her the entire evening.

 

~●♥●~