The Truth About Lotte World

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

반지 - SNSD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22hWos0N4U8

~●♥●~

 

After a fun ride at the French Revolution, they went up to the third floor for the Jungle Adventure.

 

Sunggyu and MinYoung were excitedly chatting about their previous ride. Once they stepped out, a group of guys stepped out from the other elevator who was noisily talking amongst themselves. The noise caught the pair’s attention. When they both looked at the noisy group, they saw six boys with caps in different colors.

 

“Oppadeul!” MinYoung shouted once she realized it was INFINITE. Sunggyu’s eyes widened.

 

INFINITE stopped talking when they heard MinYoung’s voice. They looked at their right and found MinYoung and Sunggyu together. They huddled up together away from the elevators.

 

“Where have you guys been?” MinYoung asked, her eyes twinkling.

 

“We played around,” Dongwoo told her. “We even got you prizes!” he held up a stuffed toy that was a tiger.

MinYoung clasped her hands together, “Aww!!~”

“Us, too!” Woohyun chirped as he showed the prize he won for her. The others showed her what they got for her.

 

“And could you give this to HaRin-ssi?” Hoya asked as he showed another stuffed toy in his other hand.

“Sure!”

Sunggyu stepped in, “You’re going to let her carry that around while we’re here?”

 

They looked at each others’ hands and realized that it MinYoung wouldn’t be able to carry everything while they played, none the less, enjoy their day. They drew their hands back and held on to the prizes that they got for MinYoung.

 

“We’ll hold on to our gifts first, noona,” Sungjong said, grinning at MinYoung.

 

“So where have you guys been to? You just left us,” Sungyeol asked, interrogating Sunggyu most.

MinYoung stepped in between them, “We figured that you guys have something different in mind so we went together to play on our own.”

“Did hyung treat you well?” L asked.

MinYoung nodded, “We rode the extreme rides.”

 

Sungjong’s jaw dropped and felt like crying, “You should’ve let me come with you! Hyungdeul won’t join me most of the time.”

“Maybe next time, Sungjongie~” she told him, patting his head.

 

“So where are you guys off to?” Sunggyu asked, praying that s will leave them alone.

“Since we’re all here now. Let’s all play together!” Woohyun suggested and everyone nodded in agreement. Sunggyu gaped at them.

 

“That sounds good to me,” MinYoung agreed, too. Sunggyu looked at her in disbelief.

 

Woohyun and Sungjong linked their arms on MinYoung’s and began to walk away, “Come on. The Jungle Adventure awaits!” Sungjong cheered. L and Hoya followed them in queue.

“Let’s go, hyung!” Dongwoo and Sungyeol linked their arms on Sunggyu. He glared at them before prying his arms away from them and followed MinYoung.

 

“Seems like hyung’s not pleased~” Dongwoo guessed.

Sungyeol chuckled, “Let’s go, hyung.”

 

After the Jungle Adventure, everybody went to the fourth floor for more rides. They got into the Pharaoh’s Fury and Dynamic Theater. After their last ride, Sunggyu spotted the Aeronaut’s Balloon Ride.

 

“Let’s go for a balloon ride,” Sunggyu turned to look at MinYoung.

MinYoung looked up and saw the balloon rides moving in mid-air. Her eyes twinkled when the lights on balloons lit up, “Sure.”

 

“I want to come!” Woohyun raised his hand.

Sunggyu pushed him away, “Find your own partner.”

“Hyung! You’re having an affair with MinYoungie again!” Woohyun complained, stomping his foot.

“Don’t say that in public. We look weird!” Sunggyu secretly glowered at him. Woohyun looked around and found some people looking strangely at them. Woohyun bowed and lowered his cap.

 

“Next!”

 

“That’s us~” Sunggyu said. He ushered MinYoung to get into the balloon first before getting himself inside.

 

“We’re all getting on the next ride,” they heard the others tell the operator and they were ushered to the balloon next to Sunggyu and MinYoung’s. Once everyone was secured inside, the operator pressed a button to start the ride.

 

The balloons slowly lifted and they were off to the mid-air.

 

“This is nice,” MinYoung gushed. Sunggyu was casually leaning back, his arms on the sides of the ride.

“I hope you had a great time today,” he said.

MinYoung’s eyes softened as she looked at Sunggyu, “I did, surprisingly.”

Sunggyu blinked at her, “Why? You thought we were no fun?”

 

“That’s not that, oppa,” MinYoung lightly laughed. “The last time I’ve been here was…”

 

MinYoung became silent as she bowed her head. Sunggyu peered at her and saw that her eyebrows were creased.

 

“The last time I’ve been here was when my parents were still alive.”

 

Sunggyu’s heart softened, “I’m sorry to hear that.”

“It’s okay,” she sniffled. “That was a really long time ago.”

 

MinYoung's mom died from cancer when she was still in high school while her father died before she stepped in fourth grade and had little memory of him. She doesn’t know where her father’s grave is and what’s the cause of his death.

 

“How come you didn’t know?” Sunggyu asked in curiosity.

“Umma and I, we’re his illegitimate family,” she said softly, like she was ashamed to be in that kind of situation. Sunggyu kept quiet to prevent himself from asking too many questions that could hurt or offend her.

 

“Appa and his wife weren’t in good terms. They didn’t want to get a divorce thinking that it might affect their children so they just went their separate ways but appa visited them. He met my umma and they were madly in love,” MinYoung laughed to herself, remembering how her mother used to tell her how she and her father met.

 

“They couldn’t get married since appa was still married. I had no clue about it and I thought we were a happy family. When appa has no work during Saturday, he leaves our house early in the morning and umma and I will meet him here at Lotte World in the afternoon. I didn’t know that he was visiting his family in the morning.”

 

“That’s why you wanted to go here today,” Sunggyu muttered. He looked at MinYoung and his heart broke into pieces at how MinYoung looked at him: the vulnerable girl was back.

MinYoung she sniffled and tried to put on her usual smile, “It was the only way I thought that I could bring back my happy childhood memories without breaking down. I guess I was wrong.”

 

Sunggyu sat closer to MinYoung and pulled her to a hug, “Hey, its okay.” MinYoung wind her arms around his waist and held him tightly as tears sprung out of her eyes. He soothingly rubbed her back and uttered comforting words to her.

 

“Is noona crying?” L asked out loud. Everyone turned their heads at the balloon ahead of them and found Sunggyu and MinYoung in a tight hug; Sunggyu rubbing MinYoung’s back.

 

“MinYoungie are you okay?!” Dongwoo shouted. MinYoung broke away from the hug, her back turned away from the boys. She hastily wiped her tears away and made an ‘okay’ sign for her friends to see that she was all right.

 

“I’m sorry about that,” MinYoung apologized.

“It’s okay,” Sunggyu told her.

 

Halfway through the ride, Sunggyu didn’t talk and left MinYoung with her thoughts. Before their ride ended, MinYoung got her composure back and returned to her cheerful self. When they got off the balloon, INFINITE rushed over to MinYoung and saw her with her puffy eyes and red nose.

 

“Did hyung hurt you?” Hoya asked.

MinYoung chuckled, “No. I was having a small meltdown. Oppa was kind enough to hold me in place.”

 

“Come on and let’s get something to eat. Maybe that’s why you had a meltdown,” Woohyun told her as they walked their way to the elevator to leave Lotte World.

 

Sunggyu watched his friends try to cheer MinYoung up. He stayed behind the group.

 

“Who knew this place could be special to someone like her.”

 

~●♥●~