Selfish and Greedy

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

니가 필요해 (I Need You) – K. Will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeLx8owh8pk

~●♥●~

 

When MinYoung came back to the studio, INFINITE had just finished their first round of rehearsal. Working hard, the boys started another round as MinYoung watched for some alterations.

 

So far, the choreography was working and the group was moving in sync. The managers watched alongside MinYoung and made comments and gave minimal suggestions. Their comeback was different from the past that the group had and everyone have high expectations.

 

“Let’s go for a break for a while and we’ll start from the top in ten,” MinYoung announced. INFINITE broke away for water break. Heavy breathing filled the air and MinYoung could tell that after a few rounds, the boys were already exhausted.

 

“At least they’re no longer complaining,” MinYoung laughed inside.

 

She was at the corner, browsing through the stack of CDs when Sunggyu approached her. MinYoung felt a shadow cast over her. She glanced up and was surprised to see Sunggyu joining her in her browsing.

 

“I’m sorry about last night. I guess I was being selfish,” Sunggyu apologized.

 

MinYoung smiled, “its okay, oppa and you weren’t being selfish. If someone should be called selfish, that should be me.”

 

“You? Why?” he asked in surprise.

 

MinYoung continued to browse the CDs to not meet his eyes, “You’re a great guy and you don’t deserve to be turned down. I know you’re intentions are good.”

 

MinYoung’s answer had Sunggyu hanging. “But?” he pressed.

 

“I’m not ready,” she looked up, meeting his gaze. “I don’t know when I’ll ever be. I’d consider taking chances but I chose not to.”

 

Sunggyu gave her an assuring smile, “You don’t have to sound sorry. I understand. I was being greedy, too, anyways.”

 

“Oppa-”

 

“It’s true,” he insisted. “Just to be fair. You were being selfish and I was being greedy. Obviously it was an imperfect timing.”

MinYoung laughed at his logic, “I guess so.”

 

“But we can work out as friends for the mean time, right?” he asked carefully.

Sunggyu’s questions made MinYoung softly smile, “Of course.”

 

Sunggyu held his hand out. Slowly, MinYoung inserted hers and he wrapped his fingers around her hand and shook it.

 

“Friends?”

“Friends.”

 

~●♥●~